Do I need to buy the DLC to unlock the Achievements?

#1HuggieBearPosted 12/12/2012 10:48:19 AM
Hello all, I was wondering if I actually need to buy the DLC in order to unlock the achievements? Or am I able to unlock them without buying the load of bollocks of a Map Pack?
---
"It's not until you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything."
GT: A Gentle Midget
#2Rainey-kinsPosted 12/12/2012 10:49:31 AM
Have to do them in the Crimson Maps. Sorry, bro. :T
---
Royal Rose
#3JWhiskeyPosted 12/12/2012 10:51:24 AM
Every description of the new achievements start with the following:

"In Crimson DLC matchmaking,"
---
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
The ubertoss -> http://youtu.be/LlREAFP5Dns
#4Viper_XLTPosted 12/12/2012 10:57:25 AM
If you've redeemed a specialization code, you should be able to download the map pack for free from the halo 4 menu via the xbox marketplace. I read that it'll be available like that til Dec 18th.
---
"To get what we've never had, we must do what we've never done." - 212 Attitude
#5Viper_XLTPosted 12/12/2012 11:04:19 AM
http://m.kotaku.com/5967692/cant-download-halo-4s-crimson-map-pack-heres-what-you-do

"[Update]: Microsoft PR informs me that the free access to the map pack was intentional as a limited time thank you after complications with reward tokens. Here are the details:

As an additional reward to those customers that participated in our "14 Day, Buy and Play" program (which ran from Nov. 6 Nov. 20), we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time, through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.

There were some initial complications with the distribution of the "14 day, Buy and Play" reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a "thank you" to our customers that contributed to the success of the "Halo 4" launch."
---
"To get what we've never had, we must do what we've never done." - 212 Attitude