tell me this game isn't dying

#31xplayer55Posted 12/12/2012 9:51:37 PM
This game isn't dying.
---
An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind- Mohandas Gandhi
Pokemon B/W 6.Vs.6 Record-7W-0L- 2365-5123-8298... Can you win?
#32NightMarishPiePosted 12/12/2012 9:55:01 PM
People seemed to forget the same thing happened to Halo 3. Halo 3 didn't really pick up steam until probably almost a year after it came out; COD4 sapped a lot of the original life out of Halo 3, but once people realized what COD was, a lot came back to 3.
---
"Who dares, wins"
XBL: The Armada
#33Leighton04Posted 12/12/2012 10:02:37 PM
For most people in college right now it's finals time, same goes for midterms with high school students, it'll pick up once break starts me thinks.

SOURCE: Why I haven't played in the last couple weeks
---
I am the law
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yLFYJrirzQ&feature=related
#34RixgearPosted 12/12/2012 10:08:10 PM
You people are also forgetting the other shooters that were around during the time Halo3 came out. There weren't alot of high profile shooters that poeple wanted to play online. Today, there are alot of shooters gamers play.
---
PSZ FC- 1548-5286-8938, Name-Rix
#35BJW1990Posted 12/12/2012 10:14:51 PM
dudeasaurus posted...
I'm still in mourning from a game TRULY dying when Bungie hit the Kill switch on the Halo 2 Xbox Live Servers.
The Series has died in increments.
It died when Halo 2's multiplayer was shut off.

This. Halo died when Halo 2 was shut down. By the way, Microsoft hit the killswitch, not Bungie.
#36eastgotenksPosted 12/12/2012 10:15:08 PM
Back when Halo 3 launched, Call of Duty was but a mere flea. Now it is a whale. You people need to realize that the halo 3 numbers are never going to return as long as that garbage CoD exists.
#37NovaLevossidaPosted 12/12/2012 10:17:26 PM
If anything suggests a lack of confidence in a game's longevity from a design standpoint, it's a daily exp cap.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#38dudeasaurusPosted 12/12/2012 10:24:08 PM
BJW1990 posted...
dudeasaurus posted...
I'm still in mourning from a game TRULY dying when Bungie hit the Kill switch on the Halo 2 Xbox Live Servers.
The Series has died in increments.
It died when Halo 2's multiplayer was shut off.

This. Halo died when Halo 2 was shut down. By the way, Microsoft hit the killswitch, not Bungie.

Ah, I hadn't realized that...I just remembered reading on Bungie's website back in the day about the shutdown. I suppose I just assumed they had been the ones responsible. Thanks for the clarification. And I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my opinion.

And in reference to someone pointing out the garbage that is the modern day COD series, and in correlation to my opinion on the older Halo games being better, is there any specific place here on gamefaq's message boards for people who share that opinion, or are we all just scattered, posting on the current installment's board? Sorry to ask a seemingly noobish question...just signed up here tonight, as I've missed having people to talk to about very in depth video game ideas....
#39ZeroSkyPosted 12/12/2012 10:30:09 PM(edited)
Though I'm not surprised at Halo 4's numbers, given all of it's issues and the competition it faces, I agree with those that say things should pick up a bit after Christmas. I've been seeing a whole lot of people buying it for Christmas presents at work myself, and video games aren't even our primary focus. So I expect other places are selling quite a bit of it as well. Of course, many of the copies I have sold at work have been selling along side Blops II as well, so who knows really.

EDIT: The Halo 2 thing was was already clarified by someone, so no point in being redundant in my post.
#40dudeasaurusPosted 12/12/2012 10:30:10 PM
ZeroSky posted...
dudeasaurus posted...
I'm still in mourning from a game TRULY dying when Microsoft hit the Kill switch on the Halo 2 Xbox Live Servers.

Fix'd. 'Twas Microsoft that killed all of the old Xbox Live, not just Halo 2. Although Halo 2 was probably the only notable thing still really being played there.

Though I'm not surprised at Halo 4's numbers, given all of it's issues and the competition it faces, I agree with those that say things should pick up a bit after Christmas. I've been seeing a whole lot of people buying it for Christmas presents at work myself, and video games aren't even our primary focus. So I expect other places are selling quite a bit of it as well. Of course, many of the copies I have sold at work have been selling along side Blops II as well, so who knows really.

ha thanks for the correction, mate. :D