Coming from BF3

#1mcm127Posted 12/13/2012 6:12:22 AM
How is the mp? I like bf3 mp but I'm semi interested in getting halo 4, I know the story is amazing but do you think the mp will hold up? A lot of players/modes etc?
#2VoidBeyondPosted 12/13/2012 6:12:47 AM
Yep.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#3DSquariusPosted 12/13/2012 6:17:33 AM
Halo MP will always hold up. You can still play Halo 3 with no problems at all and if they hadn't shut down the servers people would still be playing Halo 2 (you still can using one of the free services).

It's a completely difference experience than BF3.
---
Get at me
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#4Linctagon7Posted 12/13/2012 6:18:56 AM
Big Team will bring you many hours of joy. Dominion might be your thing too.
#5SomnambulisticPosted 12/13/2012 6:20:52 AM
MP is great and will be lively for a long time. If you like the normal size and scope of BF3's maps then I suggest starting in Big Team Battle or Dominion and seeing how you like it. They're focused on the bigger maps with an emphasis on larger-scale battles with vehicles involved. But if you like the smaller BF3 maps that are infantry-focused, then start with regular Infinity Slayer.
---
You wanna live forever?
#6Wolfsangel90Posted 12/13/2012 6:23:50 AM
They're so completely different and opposite that its not even relevant to compare them. But as a lifelong Halo fan, BF3 is my next favorite game.
---
And this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace.
It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention.
#7DangermanRogersPosted 12/13/2012 6:23:53 AM
I'm actually thinking about going back to BF3. I haven't played since a little bit after Karkand came out so I have a buncha maps and weapons to catch up on (I think). I really did like BF3 more than COD.

Anyway, I do like Halo and there are a good bit of gametypes which they rotate occasionally. There aren't Big team Objective game yet and not too many Big team maps unless you buy the Map pack for another couple. Not sure about that though because I don't love the new maps, hence why I may go back to BF3.

If you are in to smaller 4v4 matches there are different maps in that rotation and more game types.

There aren't nearly as many weapons, and one trumps the others in most situations so you end up using it mostly.

If you have a lot of Friends that play there is an unlimited amount of user maps you can play privately.
#8SRR CapdownPosted 12/13/2012 6:31:26 AM(edited)
It's very different to BF3.

Vehicles are kind of similar, in that they often provide insta-kills for non-vehicle players. But otherwise killing enemies takes a lot longer. You need to put 5 shots from the DMR or BR (the standard precision weapons) into an enemy (as long as the 5th is a headshot that is) to get the kill.These weapons aren't like your FAMAS or M16 from BF3, they're a lot slower firing and are only semi-automatic. There's plenty of 1 hit kill weapons mind you, but they're all power-weapons and you can't spawn with them, you're either rewarded with them for playing well or they're placed on the map as weapon drops (and usually points of focus).

Also, because it's harder to get the kill, you'll find yourself dying a lot at first, so it's very easy for new players to get disillusioned with the game and give up. The learning curve is fairly steep.
---
Fire Bucket
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/ron.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/N_o_R/BtJ6F.gif
#9mcm127(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 6:30:16 AM
Thanks for the replies. Just looking for something fresh. And I've never played halo mp before. I think I'll pick it up today.
#10nismojoePosted 12/13/2012 6:39:04 AM
coming from bf3 for pc or console?

bf3 pc > h4

h4 > bf3 console
---
"What people claim, and what they can prove are two completely different things." - MKM
My rig - http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=27988