The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#131galv0Posted 12/13/2012 1:00:32 PM
EDarien posted...
DSquarius posted...
X250 posted...
It's been the same in Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach with the Magnum, Br, and DMR respectively. It didn't kill any of those games.

TC, please respond to this post.

There's 4 titles and 3 weapons and the use of respectively ... Does not compute.

PS. The magnum is awesome.

Overpowered/most used weapons:

Halo CE: Magnum
Halo 2: BR
Halo 3: BR
Halo 4: DMR

durh.
---
Noobs -_-
#132manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:05:44 PM(edited)
SpiduxLimitless posted...
cobaltlotus posted...
Wolfsangel90 posted...
"tl;dr: All guns should be the same."

Yes, they should be relatively balanced between one-another, ala BF3.

Halo has no balance between the loadout weapons because the DMR outclasses every other choice in 99% of all situations. This is a HUGE problem, and people who don't acknowledge such a problem are ignorant.

And that's the ****ing point. This game ISN'T LIKE BF3. This game ISN'T LIKE COD.

Halo has always been about getting the good weapon and dominating with it. Difference now? You start with the good weapon, you no longer have to hunt it down. What does that mean? You can now take on anyone in the map from spawn or respawn.

There is no reason to think that all the weapons need to be near identical. Just no. Mainly because Halo offers weapons that do multiple jobs, and if everything was balanced evenly everyone would be gunning everyone else down with plasma pistols.

I wish people would understand that the fundamentals of Halo are totally different than the other FPS games out there, and it really does require a whole different level of skill and concentration.

Halo may require skill, but it is no CS or Quake. I actually preferred having to hunt down a BR or Carbine etc, if encouraged map flow and forced teams to compete for optimal map control. The loadout and ordinance system but a large damper on that.

I don't see why it is a bad thing to have to work for a dominant weapon. This is what people fail to realize about the older Halos. Halo CE lacked online play so the Magnum was only a big issue at LANs or on remote tunneling programs. Didnt have Live on XB1 so can't comment on H2's BR. The BR was a pickup in Halo 3 and limited. The DMR only dominated reach due to the Needle Rifles lack of power. It was the best weapon hands down.

Also, it is my opinion that outside of very certain FPS's like CS or Quake, these other games are a damn breeze. Gears of War is a real man's shooter. I am actually primarily a Gears player, requires a ****-ton more skill than any Halo.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#133AhrimanTheStillPosted 12/13/2012 1:02:41 PM
People saying the Magnum , BR , DMR from previous games match this DMR are ass backwards stupid. The DMR in this game has as much range as the Magnum and a bigger clip tons of damage and doesn't get knocked out of scope when hit.

Its insane and skill less. Halo 4 has so much aim assist that making a headshot high damage weapon the best one is stupid. Maybe if the game didn't have a ton of aim assist this would be ok. But its just plain stupid. But then again despite what scrubby console beginners feel Halo has never been a high skill cap game outside of team communication.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#134lderivedxPosted 12/13/2012 1:03:47 PM
The ar gets a buff and people still cry about it. Huh.
#135bearded_moosePosted 12/13/2012 1:05:17 PM
bearded_moose posted...
if they simply reduced the fire rate on the dmr by adding .5 or even .25 seconds between rounds and it WOULD have a niche without being nerfed beyond comprehension.

it would still have the 130 meters of aim assist, so it would still be far better on larger maps, for the reason alone. the ONLY place it would really lose out would be in mid to close range, where aim assist +higher firing rate would make the BR and carbine SLIGHTLY better.

no 1 weapon should be the best for EVERY scenario... a fire rate nerf would be ideal for balancing.

no complaints, just SCIENCE!!!

reposting this because it seems like everyone is too busy arguing ABOUT the balance issue to post actual ideas on how to FIX the balance issue...or, for that matter, notice when someone (like me) DOES try to post ideas.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12
#136cobaltlotusPosted 12/13/2012 1:06:34 PM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
cobaltlotus posted...
Wolfsangel90 posted...
"tl;dr: All guns should be the same."

Yes, they should be relatively balanced between one-another, ala BF3.

Halo has no balance between the loadout weapons because the DMR outclasses every other choice in 99% of all situations. This is a HUGE problem, and people who don't acknowledge such a problem are ignorant.

And that's the ****ing point. This game ISN'T LIKE BF3. This game ISN'T LIKE COD.

Halo has always been about getting the good weapon and dominating with it. Difference now? You start with the good weapon, you no longer have to hunt it down. What does that mean? You can now take on anyone in the map from spawn or respawn.

There is no reason to think that all the weapons need to be near identical. Just no. Mainly because Halo offers weapons that do multiple jobs, and if everything was balanced evenly everyone would be gunning everyone else down with plasma pistols.

I wish people would understand that the fundamentals of Halo are totally different than the other FPS games out there, and it really does require a whole different level of skill and concentration.

Getting the good weapon and dominating it was the case when 90% of the weapons were ON THE MAP and you couldn't spawn with the game's most all-purpose and too-good-in-all-situations weapon.

It IS like Battlefield and it IS like CoD because loadouts, perks, and having the advantage when you spawn actually plays a key part in gameplay now.

Weapons need to be balanced so the entire gaming population of Halo doesn't spam the DMR all day long, leaving the other not--so-good and even more creative weapons in the dirt.

The basis of your entire argument is basically:

"Everyone can spawn with the DMR, and everyone should use it so every map because a cross-map sniper haven rather than an interesting and engaging battle between opposing teams."

It's a crappy argument. Halo has always been about skill in the sense that you can beat a person with a good weapon with a crappier weapon; weapons on the map have always played a key part in Halo strategies. However, with the DMR in it's current condition, none of these things matter.

Everyone can spawn with a DMR, so there's no reason to try to get other weapons. All the once-good weapons and vehicles are no longer needed because the DMR is too good for every situation and it's too good against every vehicle.

Don't use such a crappy argument as your basis. Halo is about variety, and the DMR is against variety.

gg
---
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is god tier. There, I said it.
http://goo.gl/6MEyA ~ Please click!
#137HighVoltage87Posted 12/13/2012 1:07:17 PM
Ordnance, perks, random weapon drops, and instant respawn are ruining this game. Not the DMR.
---
Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid.
#138demonicshockPosted 12/13/2012 1:07:55 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/53B0O.gif

loooooooooooooooool

Also, QQ, TC
---
"Keep your babby mode controls away from my Halo." - NSTRIDENT
GT: cemetery ghoul
#139manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:15:01 PM(edited)
demonicshock posted...
Asherlee10 posted...

loooooooooooooooool

Also, QQ, TC

Response like this are basically saying, "You make too solid of an argument for me to attempt a rebuttal".

It is the uneducated person's one means at a response.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#140Kilikan5670Posted 12/13/2012 1:12:41 PM
Asherlee10 posted...

Lmao...That was awesome!
---
PSN: Kilikan670 SF4AE:Ibuki,Oni,Juri; 3SO:Akuma Sean; TTT2:Leo/Asuka