The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#141MlCKHEADPosted 12/13/2012 1:13:52 PM
Just use the DMR.
#142Asherlee10Posted 12/13/2012 1:15:01 PM
First world problem...

I went to a lunch meeting and ran some errands, now I'm too far behind on the topic. :(
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#143ArcGuardPosted 12/13/2012 1:16:29 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
First world problem...

I went to a lunch meeting and ran some errands, now I'm too far behind on the topic. :(

I just stopped following it. But it's like a train wreck. Can't look away.
#144CrayonmuffinPosted 12/13/2012 1:17:17 PM
I see a lot of these posts but in my experience I feel I get killed cheaply more by the BR than the DMR in any game. I can't really use the BR effectively but I get killed pretty much exclusively with it and I don't understand why o.O

The DMR honestly seems fine to me as is. Even the light rifle is on par with it
#145fiasco86Posted 12/13/2012 1:17:31 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
First world problem...

Don't worry, it hasn't gotten anywhere.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8
#146usaamahlinkPosted 12/13/2012 1:20:01 PM
VauntX posted...
Why is that people always cry out for a DMR nerf? If the weapons are imbalanced, then just buff the weaker ones to bring them in line. That's a solution that makes sense.

Then the mechanics become more like COD, I like the challenge of Halo and the sheild, health mechanics, and it makes the game more skill oriented over power weapon oriented.. If all the weapons Are made stronger though, then a slight imbalance will become magnified.. reduce the power and its harder to see imbalances
---
MSC : 429611 404369 ~ SSBB : 3050-7323-5385 ~ MKW : 4725-9790-0386
#147fiasco86Posted 12/13/2012 1:20:19 PM
SpiduxLimitless posted...

Halo has always been about getting the good weapon and dominating with it. Difference now? You start with the good weapon, you no longer have to hunt it down. What does that mean? You can now take on anyone in the map from spawn or respawn.

False.

Counter-example: Halo 1. You know, the beginning of the Halo series.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8
#148SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/13/2012 1:21:31 PM
cobaltlotus posted...

It IS like Battlefield and it IS like CoD because loadouts, perks, and having the advantage when you spawn actually plays a key part in gameplay now.

No, they've added mainline features like perks and load outs because that's the way FPS games are evolving (which is another argument entirely that I'm not too keen on, either). These games are still dynamically different down to the core, if you can't see that you shouldn't be posting opinions on the internet.

And how is it having THE advantage when you spawn when everyone spawns with the same weapon? It doesn't, only for those people who feel like beating their heads against a wall demanding that their gun be as good as the DMR.

Weapons need to be balanced so the entire gaming population of Halo doesn't spam the DMR all day long, leaving the other not--so-good and even more creative weapons in the dirt.

Again I say, if everything was balanced the way you're thinking people would just be spamming a different weapon. Perhaps the 4 shot Lightrifle? Perhaps the shield nuking Plasma Pistol?

The basis of your entire argument is basically:

"Everyone can spawn with the DMR, and everyone should use it so every map because a cross-map sniper haven rather than an interesting and engaging battle between opposing teams."

The only one who thinks using crappy weapons adds interesting and engaging battles are idiots. Dur hur hur, my assault rifle should be just as good as his Marksman Rifle.

It's a crappy argument. Halo has always been about skill in the sense that you can beat a person with a good weapon with a crappier weapon;

And you still can if you're not complete trash, it's just not as easy now because everyone isn't starting off with **** weapons.

You realize that they made this this way is because people like you use to ***** and complain that "OMG every time a game starts the other team gets to the good weapons and camps the rest of the map, SO UNFAIR". Here you go, kiddies, now everyone gets a strong weapon at start.

Everyone can spawn with a DMR, so there's no reason to try to get other weapons. All the once-good weapons and vehicles are no longer needed because the DMR is too good for every situation and it's too good against every vehicle.

Again, if you're complete trash. The people having the biggest problem with this are the people who are genuinely terrible at this game.

Don't use such a crappy argument as your basis. Halo is about variety, and the DMR is against variety.

gg

Halo 2 was about variety, and even that was limited to three combo's of weapons that would genuinely win 9 out of 10 engagements. Every other Halo has been about camping in the power weapon spawn - people complained too much about that so now everyone starts with a power weapon.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#149manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:21:33 PM
fiasco86 posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
First world problem...

Don't worry, it hasn't gotten anywhere.

Liar, lol xD. In truth, there has been some great debate and back and forth. I recommend going back to read it.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#150manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:24:00 PM
fiasco86 posted...
SpiduxLimitless posted...

Halo has always been about getting the good weapon and dominating with it. Difference now? You start with the good weapon, you no longer have to hunt it down. What does that mean? You can now take on anyone in the map from spawn or respawn.

False.

Counter-example: Halo 1. You know, the beginning of the Halo series.

Halo 1 was not online compatible you goofball. Only via system link and tunneling software could you enjoy large multiplayer battles.

Also it was CE's campaign that solidified the series, the multplayer was a bonus.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"