The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#151SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/13/2012 1:24:11 PM
fiasco86 posted...
SpiduxLimitless posted...

Halo has always been about getting the good weapon and dominating with it. Difference now? You start with the good weapon, you no longer have to hunt it down. What does that mean? You can now take on anyone in the map from spawn or respawn.

False.

Counter-example: Halo 1. You know, the beginning of the Halo series.

Because people online never rushed to the Shotty/Rockets and camped there the rest of the game? Yeah, I guess all those thousands of hours I logged online with halo CE were just the rare occasions that it happened in, right?

Right.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#152SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/13/2012 1:25:31 PM
manrightchea posted...
fiasco86 posted...

Halo has always been about getting the good weapon and dominating with it. Difference now? You start with the good weapon, you no longer have to hunt it down. What does that mean? You can now take on anyone in the map from spawn or respawn.

False.

Halo 1 was not online compatible you goofball. Only via system link and tunneling software could you enjoy large multiplayer battles.

Also it was CE's campaign that solidified the series, the multplayer was a bonus.

False, goofball. Halo CE PC edition had the Multiplayer that the console version got screwed out of last minute. Halo CE was built for Multiplayer, however Xbox Live wasn't perfected or even finished yet so it had to be left out of the console version.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#153MechaKirbyPosted 12/13/2012 1:26:54 PM
Is this topic worth reading?
---
GTag/PSN: MechaknightX === ARE YOU READY FOR HALO 4!!??!
http://i.minus.com/i7veL9wbPUU85.gif
#154manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:27:31 PM
manrightchea posted...
fiasco86 posted...

False.

Halo 1 was not online compatible you goofball. Only via system link and tunneling software could you enjoy large multiplayer battles.

Also it was CE's campaign that solidified the series, the multplayer was a bonus.

False, goofball. Halo CE PC edition had the Multiplayer that the console version got screwed out of last minute. Halo CE was built for Multiplayer, however Xbox Live wasn't perfected or even finished yet so it had to be left out of the console version.

Halo PC is irrelevant. I don't remember PC launching with the XB1 version in 2001. I remember PC launching much later. Lemme check that.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#155bearded_moosePosted 12/13/2012 1:28:20 PM
bearded_moose posted...
bearded_moose posted...
if they simply reduced the fire rate on the dmr by adding .5 or even .25 seconds between rounds and it WOULD have a niche without being nerfed beyond comprehension.

it would still have the 130 meters of aim assist, so it would still be far better on larger maps, for the reason alone. the ONLY place it would really lose out would be in mid to close range, where aim assist +higher firing rate would make the BR and carbine SLIGHTLY better.

no 1 weapon should be the best for EVERY scenario... a fire rate nerf would be ideal for balancing.

no complaints, just SCIENCE!!!

reposting this because it seems like everyone is too busy arguing ABOUT the balance issue to post actual ideas on how to FIX the balance issue...or, for that matter, notice when someone (like me) DOES try to post ideas.

aaaaaaaaaaand REPOSTING.
i'm sure someone will eventually get tired of throwing crap and read this...
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12
#156manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:30:12 PM
Yep I was right. Halo PC launched a full 2 YEARS later than Halo CE for XB1. Damn right it should have had online previous to that you needed tunneling software ya goofball.

Lol.
---
#157iRGushPosted 12/13/2012 1:31:52 PM
If you think the AR takes no skill, you're bad.

DMR > BR because as a core weapon, it requires more aiming and doesn't have the randomness of spread involved. They both have too much aim assist however and are a joke. The DMR needs to be shot lead the game in general needs to hit you out of scope when you're shot.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#158manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:32:51 PM
bearded_moose posted...
bearded_moose posted...
bearded_moose posted...
if they simply reduced the fire rate on the dmr by adding .5 or even .25 seconds between rounds and it WOULD have a niche without being nerfed beyond comprehension.

it would still have the 130 meters of aim assist, so it would still be far better on larger maps, for the reason alone. the ONLY place it would really lose out would be in mid to close range, where aim assist +higher firing rate would make the BR and carbine SLIGHTLY better.

no 1 weapon should be the best for EVERY scenario... a fire rate nerf would be ideal for balancing.

no complaints, just SCIENCE!!!

reposting this because it seems like everyone is too busy arguing ABOUT the balance issue to post actual ideas on how to FIX the balance issue...or, for that matter, notice when someone (like me) DOES try to post ideas.

aaaaaaaaaaand REPOSTING.
i'm sure someone will eventually get tired of throwing crap and read this...

bearded,

You are right my man I agree. However, if the community does not acknowledge problems/issues they are rarely fixed. So looking for solutions is pretty much a waste for now, I say in about 2-3 months, my thread will hold alot more credence.
---
#159ArcGuardPosted 12/13/2012 1:34:41 PM
manrightchea posted...
fiasco86 posted...

False.

Now I know you're just trolling. Halo CE was known for its Multiplayer. The story was the bonus. I don't know anyone who rushed out to buy Halo for the story. It was about dat LAN.
#160bearded_moosePosted 12/13/2012 1:34:45 PM
and i'll be backing you up the whole way.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12