#172manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:03:27 PM
demonicshock posted...
manrightchea posted...
demonicshock posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
http://i.imgur.com/53B0O.gif

loooooooooooooooool

Also, QQ, TC

Response like this are basically saying, "You make too solid of an argument for me to attempt a rebuttal".

It is the uneducated person's one means at a response.

*responds with "unneeded" breakdown of someone's response because he clearly has nothing better to do than nitpick responses everyone else makes hurrrrrr*

You're such a little tool, aren't you?

If you don't want to look like a dick then don't make dick responses scumbag. Elaborate on why you feel a certain way and you won't be belittled.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#173ArcGuardPosted 12/13/2012 2:03:55 PM
manrightchea posted...
Different experiences for different people then. I and my friends bought it because it was the best launch title at the time due to its stellar campaign and the LAN's etc came later.

I guess because you didn't have to acknowledge that risk factor, you had different reasons. I honestly can't see how you feel the multiplayer was the reason for its initial success.

Because Multiplayer WAS the reason for its success. And it was the same for Halo 2.

Halo made console multiplayer; Halo 2 made online console multiplayer. That's the history of the xbox.

As I said, the story was great. I'm glad I played it. But it's not the reason it got so big, and it's not the reason why Halo is so well known.

Halo CE created the John Everyman LAN party, they were no longer exclusive to "hardcore gamers."
#174manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:11:40 PM
ArcGuard posted...
manrightchea posted...
Different experiences for different people then. I and my friends bought it because it was the best launch title at the time due to its stellar campaign and the LAN's etc came later.

I guess because you didn't have to acknowledge that risk factor, you had different reasons. I honestly can't see how you feel the multiplayer was the reason for its initial success.

Because Multiplayer WAS the reason for its success. And it was the same for Halo 2.

Halo made console multiplayer; Halo 2 made online console multiplayer. That's the history of the xbox.

As I said, the story was great. I'm glad I played it. But it's not the reason it got so big, and it's not the reason why Halo is so well known.

Halo CE created the John Everyman LAN party, they were no longer exclusive to "hardcore gamers."

I agree. However, I think where are perceptions are differeing is in initial adoption rate vs. long-term success.

I agree it established the console shooter, but I definitely disagree that the reason for it's initial reception, scores, and adoption rate were multiplayer and not campaign.
Though I loved both.

I believe that the fun multiplayer aspect only became relevant later, which is what led to Halo 2's success. That and XBL compatibility of course.
---
#175xoAxeloxPosted 12/13/2012 2:13:08 PM
so many bad players in this topic...
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
#176SterlingFoxPosted 12/13/2012 2:14:53 PM
There are 176 posts in this topic.

Who would like to sum up what has been said?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#177manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:18:54 PM
SterlingFox posted...

A large sum of supporters for each side of my initial argument. Alot of good debate for both sides. Some agree, some don't. Then of course you have those that can only say "get better, cry more etc" and fail to even understand the point of the thread.

That being said, gonna have to leave pretty soon, gotta finish this term paper.
---
#178bearded_moosePosted 12/13/2012 2:25:36 PM
SterlingFox posted...

*ahem*

rabble! rabble! RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE! rabble! RABBLE!

*takes a bow*
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12
#179YellowPurplePosted 12/13/2012 2:25:49 PM
It needs a slight tweak, no doubt about it. A bit more recoil and maybe a slight fire rate reduction. As it stands now it's incredibly easy to use and spam with. Hell it's even good at close range if you can aim.

I just don't like how it affects map flow, particularly. On BTB or any big map it's just DMR pot shots and peek a boo. Gets pretty boring fast.

People say that the Magnum on CE was the same way, they are mistaken. On Anniversary edition online the magnum has tremendous bloom and a small clip which stops you from spamming it the way the DMR is spammed on this game.
#180kos12Posted 12/13/2012 2:32:25 PM
To be honest man, a good marksman is not going to miss your head just because you jump. Not to say that wouldn't work on some, but you do that against the right opponent and you are dead, this is especially true if you aren't using Bumper Jumper. Your thumb temporarily leaves your thumbstick while the other shooters won't.

That in addition to the slow fall speeds are the best way to end up dead in a 1v encounter vs a good opponent. Its no different from Jetpacking up in a straight line when hurt. You only make yourself an easier target.

Its a good thing i do use bumper jumper then. And a good marksman can definitely miss a headshot with a proper timed jump...thats the whole point of it. The bumper jumper helps tremondously though with this. Youre correct there. I use jetpack only to make jumps I usually would never be able to make and it works wonders.

You deserve the argument "youre just bad" because of that line in the OP saying you get the first couple of shots sometimes and still lose... that should never happen unless the opponent takes cover, runs or uses grenades etc. NOTHING to do with the DMR.
---
I pwn teh noobz errrday.