The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#181manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 2:38:46 PM
kos12 posted...
To be honest man, a good marksman is not going to miss your head just because you jump. Not to say that wouldn't work on some, but you do that against the right opponent and you are dead, this is especially true if you aren't using Bumper Jumper. Your thumb temporarily leaves your thumbstick while the other shooters won't.

That in addition to the slow fall speeds are the best way to end up dead in a 1v encounter vs a good opponent. Its no different from Jetpacking up in a straight line when hurt. You only make yourself an easier target.

Its a good thing i do use bumper jumper then. And a good marksman can definitely miss a headshot with a proper timed jump...thats the whole point of it. The bumper jumper helps tremondously though with this. Youre correct there. I use jetpack only to make jumps I usually would never be able to make and it works wonders.

You deserve the argument "youre just bad" because of that line in the OP saying you get the first couple of shots sometimes and still lose... that should never happen unless the opponent takes cover, runs or uses grenades etc. NOTHING to do with the DMR.

Nah man, I think you underestimate the DMR's rate of fire, and it does the highest damage outside of scoped LR. If you can say that, you clearly have never used any of the other primary rifles.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#182RanmaRanmaPosted 12/13/2012 2:40:45 PM(edited)
DMR loses to Lightrifle at range
DMR loses to Magnum up close
DMR loses to AR up close
DMR loses to Shotgun up close
DMR loses to Scattershot up close
DMR loses to Rockets up close
DMR loses to Incinerator Cannon up close
DMR loses to Sword up close
DMR loses to Hammer up close
DMR loses to SAW up close
DMR loses to Boltshot up close
DMR loses to Binary Rifle at range
DMR loses to Beam Rifle at range
DMR loses to Sniper at range
DMR loses to Laser at range
DMR loses to Railgun at range
DMR loses to Needler at mid-range
DMR loses to Sticky Detonator at any range
DMR loses to Plasma+ any other precision weapon at mid to close range
DMR loses to Grenades at any range
DMR loses to Melee up close
DMR loses to Vehicles at various ranges
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#183kos12Posted 12/13/2012 2:45:38 PM
Nah man, I think you underestimate the DMR's rate of fire, and it does the highest damage outside of scoped LR. If you can say that, you clearly have never used any of the other primary rifles.

I have a loadout for DMR, BR, Carbine, AR, and the LR. I use the DMR 70% of the time and mix it up when I want to. I do just as well with any other weapon.
You also just completely ignored my argument, so Im done with this joke. Good talking for a while but most of your arguments scream out "I cant adapt to a situation and people are better than me with the DMR so Im going to complain"
---
I pwn teh noobz errrday.
#184manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 3:03:41 PM(edited)
kos12 posted...

I have a loadout for DMR, BR, Carbine, AR, and the LR. I use the DMR 70% of the time and mix it up when I want to. I do just as well with any other weapon.
You also just completely ignored my argument, so Im done with this joke. Good talking for a while but most of your arguments scream out "I cant adapt to a situation and people are better than me with the DMR so Im going to complain"

Your interpretation is your interpretation, you use one of the other primaries once every blue moon and want to tell me the Carbine and LR can't be outshot by the DMR with relative ease at that?

People would defend a crutch even if it means being a liar, just how it is, Have a nice day.
---
#185Dville_WeezyPosted 12/13/2012 11:40:38 PM
Whatever the case, I still enjoy using the other weapons and finding ways to make them work. Hell, I use autosentry as my primary loadout and get tons of assists with the damned thing in almost every match. Since you mentioned 3S and tiers earlier, you could probably relate to still using an inferior character (or weapon in this case) just because you enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of beating someone who has something better. I played my share of 3S too, but I was a Hugo main through and through. DMR and BR are the Halo equivalent of 3S Chun Li and Ken.
#186manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 12:54:54 AM
Dville_Weezy posted...
Whatever the case, I still enjoy using the other weapons and finding ways to make them work. Hell, I use autosentry as my primary loadout and get tons of assists with the damned thing in almost every match. Since you mentioned 3S and tiers earlier, you could probably relate to still using an inferior character (or weapon in this case) just because you enjoy the challenge and satisfaction of beating someone who has something better. I played my share of 3S too, but I was a Hugo main through and through. DMR and BR are the Halo equivalent of 3S Chun Li and Ken.

Yeah I'm an Alex main, Super Art 2 with occasional Stun Gun Headbutt every now and then, also use Necro with Electric Snake super. While many people do take in pride in maining the weaker characters, those characters always got destroyed in the tournament scene.
---
#187fiasco86Posted 12/14/2012 9:35:29 AM
manrightchea posted...
fiasco86 posted...
SpiduxLimitless posted...

Halo has always been about getting the good weapon and dominating with it. Difference now? You start with the good weapon, you no longer have to hunt it down. What does that mean? You can now take on anyone in the map from spawn or respawn.

False.

Counter-example: Halo 1. You know, the beginning of the Halo series.

Halo 1 was not online compatible you goofball. Only via system link and tunneling software could you enjoy large multiplayer battles.

Also it was CE's campaign that solidified the series, the multplayer was a bonus.

What does that have to do with my statement of Halo not always being about power weapons?
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8
#188fiasco86Posted 12/14/2012 9:37:27 AM
fiasco86 posted...

Halo has always been about getting the good weapon and dominating with it. Difference now? You start with the good weapon, you no longer have to hunt it down. What does that mean? You can now take on anyone in the map from spawn or respawn.

False.

Counter-example: Halo 1. You know, the beginning of the Halo series.

Because people online never rushed to the Shotty/Rockets and camped there the rest of the game? Yeah, I guess all those thousands of hours I logged online with halo CE were just the rare occasions that it happened in, right?

Right.

I never played Halo PC, but in the dozens of LAN parties I've played, power weapon whoring was never a viable strategy. The pistol saw to that.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8
#189BigTlovesBEERPosted 12/14/2012 10:44:23 AM
DMR didn't break the game. It's still played by thousands at any given time, all are having fun. Good day, sir!
#190SterlingFoxPosted 12/14/2012 10:46:56 AM
RanmaRanma posted...
DMR loses to Lightrifle at range
DMR loses to Magnum up close
DMR loses to AR up close
DMR loses to Shotgun up close
DMR loses to Scattershot up close
DMR loses to Rockets up close
DMR loses to Incinerator Cannon up close
DMR loses to Sword up close
DMR loses to Hammer up close
DMR loses to SAW up close
DMR loses to Boltshot up close
DMR loses to Binary Rifle at range
DMR loses to Beam Rifle at range
DMR loses to Sniper at range
DMR loses to Laser at range
DMR loses to Railgun at range
DMR loses to Needler at mid-range
DMR loses to Sticky Detonator at any range
DMR loses to Plasma+ any other precision weapon at mid to close range
DMR loses to Grenades at any range
DMR loses to Melee up close
DMR loses to Vehicles at various ranges

I feel like you were trying to make an argument in favor of the DMR being balanced, then totally lost the ability to think intelligently and rationally three characters in.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp