The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#191CynicalZealotPosted 12/14/2012 10:55:21 AM
fiasco86 posted...
I never played Halo PC, but in the dozens of LAN parties I've played, power weapon whoring was never a viable strategy. The pistol saw to that.

Have to second this. When I used to play Halo:CE, 90% of my kills were coming from cross-map pistol sniping.

---
"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--- Vyvyan, The Young Ones
#192Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 12/14/2012 10:57:00 AM(edited)
SterlingFox posted...
RanmaRanma posted...
DMR loses to Lightrifle at range
DMR loses to Magnum up close
DMR loses to AR up close
DMR loses to Shotgun up close
DMR loses to Scattershot up close
DMR loses to Rockets up close
DMR loses to Incinerator Cannon up close
DMR loses to Sword up close
DMR loses to Hammer up close
DMR loses to SAW up close
DMR loses to Boltshot up close
DMR loses to Binary Rifle at range
DMR loses to Beam Rifle at range
DMR loses to Sniper at range
DMR loses to Laser at range
DMR loses to Railgun at range
DMR loses to Needler at mid-range
DMR loses to Sticky Detonator at any range
DMR loses to Plasma+ any other precision weapon at mid to close range
DMR loses to Grenades at any range
DMR loses to Melee up close
DMR loses to Vehicles at various ranges

I feel like you were trying to make an argument in favor of the DMR being balanced, then totally lost the ability to think intelligently and rationally three characters in.

You should see the arguments he tried to use in my "tired of stolen kills" topic, the responses he comes up with are hilariously childish.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64648293?page=5

---
(My reaction to stolen kills) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkktKSjCHgo
#193SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/14/2012 10:58:59 AM
CynicalZealot posted...
fiasco86 posted...
I never played Halo PC, but in the dozens of LAN parties I've played, power weapon whoring was never a viable strategy. The pistol saw to that.

Have to second this. When I used to play Halo:CE, 90% of my kills were coming from cross-map pistol sniping.

Maps like Blood Gulch, sure.

Maps like Sidewinder and Boarding Action, which you would think would be great snipe maps were really good for power whoring, shotgunning and AR using.

The maps in CE really made you use different strategies, something every other Halo has lacked.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#194CynicalZealotPosted 12/14/2012 10:59:23 AM
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...
You should see the arguments he tried to use in my "tired of stolen kills" topic, the responses he comes up with are hilariously childish.

To be fair, though, you WERE blatantly wrong in that topic.

---
"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--- Vyvyan, The Young Ones
#195Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 12/14/2012 11:00:47 AM
CynicalZealot posted...
Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...

To be fair, though, you WERE blatantly wrong in that topic.

In YOUR opinion. There were still some people who agreed with what I was saying.
---
(My reaction to stolen kills) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkktKSjCHgo
#196fiasco86Posted 12/14/2012 11:26:32 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
CynicalZealot posted...
fiasco86 posted...

Maps like Sidewinder and Boarding Action, which you would think would be great snipe maps were really good for power whoring, shotgunning and AR using.

The maps in CE really made you use different strategies, something every other Halo has lacked.

Power weapons definitely played a part, but the gameplay wasn't focused around them. Of course people will pick them up and use them, but you wouldn't see people just sitting waiting for it to spawn.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8
#197iTz_SLammiPosted 12/14/2012 11:44:19 AM
Personally, I rather have the BR be better...but i dont think the DMR being strong ruins the game, then again im only SR40 and got the game on release, maybe I should play more >_>
---
Twitter: @_SammiB
Xbox Live: XtremeXtremist --- Steam: iTz_SLammi
#198SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/14/2012 11:47:45 AM
fiasco86 posted...
SpiduxLimitless posted...
CynicalZealot posted...
fiasco86 posted...

Power weapons definitely played a part, but the gameplay wasn't focused around them. Of course people will pick them up and use them, but you wouldn't see people just sitting waiting for it to spawn.

Dunno, most games I played competitively always resulted in camping the sniper or rockets, then camping the Flamethrower online.

Heh, Vehicles couldn't be destroyed and I would frequently come across people on Blood Gulch, 3 deep in a rocket hog with a flamethrower. Flaming Warthog o.o;
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#199BlueRunway05Posted 12/14/2012 12:01:14 PM
X250 posted...
It's been the same in Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach with the Magnum, Br, and DMR respectively. It didn't kill any of those games.

That's true man. Halo 4 is a little less about one weapon this time because there are some weapons that compete a little more than usual.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#200Rainey-kinsPosted 12/14/2012 12:03:18 PM
POST 200!!

Carry on
---
Royal Rose