The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#21Minjo26Posted 12/13/2012 9:42:24 AM
X250 posted...
It's been the same in Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach with the Magnum, Br, and DMR respectively. It didn't kill any of those games.

Yes, but the difference is in most regular matches you had to pick up those weapons... (minus Halo CE) It makes a biiiig difference.
#22thethirdthoughtPosted 12/13/2012 9:42:40 AM
lderivedx posted...
thethirdthought posted...
lderivedx posted...
Lmfao bad players

TC is right in this case though.

Oh look, more bad players.

Oh look, irrelevant post that does nothing but insult someone on the basis of their skill level.
#23iRGushPosted 12/13/2012 9:42:43 AM
You're very misinformed about weapon aim assist, kill times, spread etc.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#24ArcGuardPosted 12/13/2012 9:42:54 AM
I love how everyone always says something about the Boltshot, as if they completely forget about the lolmauler. You want overpowered mini-shotgun? Look no further.
#25yohabrohaPosted 12/13/2012 9:42:56 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
One more thing. People are turning Halo into a firing range simulator. All just sitting up taking potshots from across the map. Like people camping the roof in Complex. Every time Complex or Ragnarok comes up people vote for it so they can take potshots for hours ending the game at full time and not even breaking half score.

That's not Halo. That's garbage.

Did you not play Reach? They even had an achievement for taking potshots across the map!
---
PS3/XBL/SteamID: WillHungIs1337.
#26VauntXPosted 12/13/2012 9:43:31 AM
Why is that people always cry out for a DMR nerf? If the weapons are imbalanced, then just buff the weaker ones to bring them in line. That's a solution that makes sense.
#27Asherlee10Posted 12/13/2012 9:44:44 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
One more thing. People are turning Halo into a firing range simulator. All just sitting up taking potshots from across the map. Like people camping the roof in Complex. Every time Complex or Ragnarok comes up people vote for it so they can take potshots for hours ending the game at full time and not even breaking half score.

That's not Halo. That's garbage.

I love when someone is on top of the building in Complex. It's the easiest damn kill ever. I can see him/her from almost anywhere in the map. It's not likely that he/she will find me shooting until I've almost got that 5th bullet in.

And I'll say it again. Ragnorak has some awesome battles in it. Every time I play it there are 2 main battles. One by the turret and one by the pelican on the hill.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#28VauntXPosted 12/13/2012 9:44:45 AM
ArcGuard posted...
I love how everyone always says something about the Boltshot, as if they completely forget about the lolmauler. You want overpowered mini-shotgun? Look no further.

There's a difference between a mini-shotgun that you can take into combat and a mini-shotgun that you pick up on the field.

What was your point again?
#29manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:50:35 AM(edited)
X250 posted...
It's been the same in Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach with the Magnum, Br, and DMR respectively. It didn't kill any of those games.

As for the Magnum, Halo CE lacked any sort of REAL online multiplayer in the sense of XBL. Outside of LAN events or system link multiplayer could only be played on specific PC or modified Xbox 1 progams such as XLink Kai. For those LAN events, the Magnum was very much broken. 3 shot kill to the head, nobody used any other weapon in those days, not in a competitive environment.

Sadly I can't comment on the BR in relation to Halo 2 as I did not have Xbox Live at all on the first generation Xbox.

Having taken to the BR in H3, it was dominant, it was the go-to competitive weapon. As for casual play, most those complainers from back then were generally casual players that would push BR users while literally running in a straight line with an AR blazing. The AR in Halo 3 had a lower damage profile and much less accuracy than the H4 AR, and thus the BR being the distance option at that time, made it easy to punish. Even so, the BR in each of those games was pickup weapon, and were limited in number.

As for Reach, was not a fan of that game. Worst Halo in the series to many. Also the most casual Halo and the Halo that most current Halo players began with. A failure in my eyes, DMR was the most dominant weapon only because the Needle Rifle lacked the damage to compete in a 1v1 setting.

Maybe to you, the idea of a 100,00k plus online population for a Halo is what you would call success. However, I have been playing Halo from the beginning, back when a 2 million user online population at a given time was not unheard of. Gamers today have become used to accepting mediocrity and crap as great gaming, look at the success of CoD.

Children of the 90's era golden age of gaming etc, have come to see through such nonsense.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#30yohabrohaPosted 12/13/2012 9:45:27 AM
VauntX posted...
Why is that people always cry out for a DMR nerf? If the weapons are imbalanced, then just buff the weaker ones to bring them in line. That's a solution that makes sense.

Because 1. That would involve making changes to 7 different weapons rather than 1. And 2. If all the weapons are stronger the game is even faster and it's almost too fast already
---
PS3/XBL/SteamID: WillHungIs1337.