The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#201BlueRunway05Posted 12/14/2012 11:14:17 AM
Rainey-kins posted...
POST 200!!

Carry on

No what, wait? What was I then?
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#202fiasco86Posted 12/14/2012 11:15:48 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
fiasco86 posted...
SpiduxLimitless posted...
CynicalZealot posted...
fiasco86 posted...
I never played Halo PC, but in the dozens of LAN parties I've played, power weapon whoring was never a viable strategy. The pistol saw to that.

Have to second this. When I used to play Halo:CE, 90% of my kills were coming from cross-map pistol sniping.

Maps like Blood Gulch, sure.

Maps like Sidewinder and Boarding Action, which you would think would be great snipe maps were really good for power whoring, shotgunning and AR using.

The maps in CE really made you use different strategies, something every other Halo has lacked.

Power weapons definitely played a part, but the gameplay wasn't focused around them. Of course people will pick them up and use them, but you wouldn't see people just sitting waiting for it to spawn.

Dunno, most games I played competitively always resulted in camping the sniper or rockets, then camping the Flamethrower online.

Heh, Vehicles couldn't be destroyed and I would frequently come across people on Blood Gulch, 3 deep in a rocket hog with a flamethrower. Flaming Warthog o.o;

Well that's a flaw of the PC version. Halo 1 didn't have rocket hogs or flamethrowers
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8
#203demigodxtwoPosted 12/14/2012 1:31:04 PM
the DMR is far and away the best loadout rifle. theres absolutely no contest.
---
<3 *Big Z* <3http://i.imgur.com/ghLun.jpg<3 *Big Z* <3
Cavs. http://i.imgur.com/JwjWQ.jpg Sit down, kid
#204SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/14/2012 1:34:52 PM
fiasco86 posted...

Well that's a flaw of the PC version. Halo 1 didn't have rocket hogs or flamethrowers

No, even in LAN tournaments, featuring some of the best players in California at the time, people camped snipers and rockets.

Then I mentioned camping the flamethrower ONLINE, not LAN tournaments.

And LOL about it being a flaw in the PC version, they were all things that were suppose to be added to the console release but were scrapped last minute because they couldn't perfect it. The PC version of Halo: CE was the COMPLETE version of Halo 1, the console version was nerfed.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#205A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 12/14/2012 1:40:03 PM
been saying this since two days after launch TC. To those that said it was that way In CE, 2, 3, Reach. You seem to have selective amnesia going on. The precision weapons were pick-ups then, and you couldn't choose your starting weapon.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#206Ultima_WraithPosted 12/14/2012 1:42:18 PM
A_Dirty_Liberal posted...
been saying this since two days after launch TC. To those that said it was that way In CE, 2, 3, Reach. You seem to have selective amnesia going on. The precision weapons were pick-ups then, and you couldn't choose your starting weapon.

True, but then again, there was also the terror of the Fuel Rod Cannon on the PC version as well.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#207SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/14/2012 2:50:20 PM
A_Dirty_Liberal posted...

Pistol was a start.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux