The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#31jcrowley30Posted 12/13/2012 8:47:19 AM
manrightchea posted...
Thoughts?

I Agree 100%. It is now rare to see anyone using a different weapon and the game is quickly becoming boring for me.
#32ArcGuardPosted 12/13/2012 8:47:32 AM
VauntX posted...
ArcGuard posted...
I love how everyone always says something about the Boltshot, as if they completely forget about the lolmauler. You want overpowered mini-shotgun? Look no further.

There's a difference between a mini-shotgun that you can take into combat and a mini-shotgun that you pick up on the field.

What was your point again?

In previous halos, you had an excuse to not see it comign when someone maulered you.

In this game, you know that everyone could potentially have a boltshot. And yet you walk up to them and then complain about how they kill you. How is that overpowered? Keep your distance. If you're more than 5 feet from them, it's not lethal. So you have no excuse and are just playing poorly if you think the boltshot is overpowered.
#33iRGushPosted 12/13/2012 8:47:50 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
One more thing. People are turning Halo into a firing range simulator. All just sitting up taking potshots from across the map. Like people camping the roof in Complex. Every time Complex or Ragnarok comes up people vote for it so they can take potshots for hours ending the game at full time and not even breaking half score.

That's not Halo. That's garbage.

I love when someone is on top of the building in Complex. It's the easiest damn kill ever. I can see him/her from almost anywhere in the map. It's not likely that he/she will find me shooting until I've almost got that 5th bullet in.

And I'll say it again. Ragnorak has some awesome battles in it. Every time I play it there are 2 main battles. One by the turret and one by the pelican on the hill.

Try playing against good plays who know how to utilize a power position.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#34thethirdthoughtPosted 12/13/2012 8:50:16 AM(edited)
iRGush posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
One more thing. People are turning Halo into a firing range simulator. All just sitting up taking potshots from across the map. Like people camping the roof in Complex. Every time Complex or Ragnarok comes up people vote for it so they can take potshots for hours ending the game at full time and not even breaking half score.

That's not Halo. That's garbage.

I love when someone is on top of the building in Complex. It's the easiest damn kill ever. I can see him/her from almost anywhere in the map. It's not likely that he/she will find me shooting until I've almost got that 5th bullet in.

And I'll say it again. Ragnorak has some awesome battles in it. Every time I play it there are 2 main battles. One by the turret and one by the pelican on the hill.

To add to that, a coordinated team of good players.
#35MorbiosoPosted 12/13/2012 8:49:56 AM

Ragnarok like to have people camping on the rock near the base on 1 side (can't remember which color)... same thing though, easy kills.

I noticed on shatter last night there are great places to perch that no one seems to notice. I tore it up on 1 perch.... with my DMR of course :D
#36fiasco86Posted 12/13/2012 8:50:53 AM
X250 posted...
It's been the same in Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach with the Magnum, Br, and DMR respectively. It didn't kill any of those games.

---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8
#37Asherlee10Posted 12/13/2012 8:51:05 AM
iRGush posted...

http://i.imgur.com/U4aTW.gif
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#38ZephyrSSXPosted 12/13/2012 8:51:45 AM
ITT: DMR whores defending their crutch.
---
Of course I'm the type of kid that hates mainstream crap so that's where I'm coming from - "slipknotrox765"
DmC get hype.
#39AnthonyBrock2Posted 12/13/2012 8:51:46 AM
Every weapon does have it own niche and once you get later in the game you see it.

Carbine-Good for sneak attacks, usually landing a few hot before the person can realize what is shooting them guarantees you a kill (unless they have a power weapon).

BR- Better on smaller maps and tight spaces. Can go against DMR better in the circumstances because of the DMR's rate of fire.

DMR- Great at long distances (take not in the name as it is a marksman rifle and those are meant for long precise shots).

Light Rifle- Powerful Zoom in shot and weaker un-zoom spread shot (don't know why it weaker possible because of the spread shot?). Great in extremely open maps (seen alot in Ragnarok these days).
---
Gamertag:SonowRaevius,psn:SonowRaevius
Youtube:sonow666.
#40Asherlee10Posted 12/13/2012 8:52:47 AM
thethirdthought posted...
To add to that, a coordinated team of good players.

Which is what I try to play with. If someone is camping on top of Complex, one of us has informed the rest of the team of that player. He gun be dead.

Morbioso posted...
Ragnarok like to have people camping on the rock near the base on 1 side (can't remember which color)... same thing though, easy kills.

It's SO easy. I love when they camp there. I love it when I can sneak up on him/her, too.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."