The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#41yohabrohaPosted 12/13/2012 9:52:59 AM
manrightchea posted...

Maybe to you, the idea of a 100,00k plus online population for a Halo is what you would call success. However, I have been playing Halo from the beginning, back when a 2 million user online population at a given time was not unheard of. Gamers today have become used to accepting mediocrity and crap as great gaming, look at the success of CoD.

Children of the 90's era golden age of gaming etc, have come to see through such nonsense.

Maybe to you having only one good game to play on a console was awesome but to the rest of the world it's great to all be playing different games. You don't pull those kinds of online numbers these days man. And don't ever try to speak for us 90's era folks, I haven't agreed to a almost any of your points yet
---
PS3/XBL/SteamID: WillHungIs1337.
#42Linctagon7Posted 12/13/2012 9:53:33 AM
We can argue untill we are blue in the face, but the fact remains that any player that is good with the Battle Rifle and uses it exclusively is even better with the DMR. Myself included. I played one game with the B Rifle and went 29-6. Play the next game on the exact same map with the exact same group of people using the DMR and I go 42-11. Nothing changed except the weapon used.

On the other hand, ask someone who only uses the DMR to roll a B Rifle, Carbine or Light Rifle and you can see their performance decline.

Explain that to me.

Also, Reach was an atrocity.
#43Knox_32Posted 12/13/2012 9:53:36 AM
Ok, I get that the past halos all had a superior ranged weapon, but why does that mean that we can't have balanced loadout options? I am not even saying that the dmr is evil, I just feel like it being clearly better limits playstyles options. Are more options for how to play bad? Since when is someone seeking more variety someone to be insulted?

Also, to start a legitmate talk about balance free from "DMR BAD!", the battle rifle is arguably more useful in infinity slayer if at least one person on your team has it. It allows for quicker clean up kills due to it's burst getting that last bullet to the head right as the shields drop instead of a dmr needing to pull the trigger again. Perhaps a slight firing rate increase (very slight) may help it.

The carbine does need some kind of change. Possibly one less bullet to break shields (might be too much), even slightly faster firing rate, or a larger clip size.

I feel the light rifle either needs to be hitscan. For it having 3x zoom, it's effective ranges are not nearly that of the dmr unless you can "lead" your target. Call me bad with it if you like, but I have never feared a light rifle user in anyway in this game.
---
Summoner Name - AceBadcat
Mains - Cho'Gath, Ziggs, Viktor, Nunu, and Ezreal
#44VauntXPosted 12/13/2012 9:54:06 AM
ArcGuard posted...
VauntX posted...
ArcGuard posted...
I love how everyone always says something about the Boltshot, as if they completely forget about the lolmauler. You want overpowered mini-shotgun? Look no further.

There's a difference between a mini-shotgun that you can take into combat and a mini-shotgun that you pick up on the field.

What was your point again?

In previous halos, you had an excuse to not see it comign when someone maulered you.

In this game, you know that everyone could potentially have a boltshot. And yet you walk up to them and then complain about how they kill you. How is that overpowered? Keep your distance. If you're more than 5 feet from them, it's not lethal. So you have no excuse and are just playing poorly if you think the boltshot is overpowered.

First of all, the boltshot has an effective one hit kill range of 9 meters, which exceeds even the shotgun.

Second, knowledge that somebody has something doesn't change the fact that it might be overpowered. If there was a weapon in the game that killed in three shots through walls, you would be very aware that everybody was using it, and it would definitely be considered overpowered.
#45Asherlee10Posted 12/13/2012 9:57:08 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
I played one game with the B Rifle and went 29-6. Play the next game on the exact same map with the exact same group of people using the DMR and I go 42-11. Nothing changed except the weapon used.

Yes things did change between those games. Have you taken any psychology classes or anything? Many, many variables are going to be different from match to match. So, your evidence is invalid.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#46SeikenZPosted 12/13/2012 9:58:13 AM
yohabroha posted...
manrightchea posted...

Maybe to you, the idea of a 100,00k plus online population for a Halo is what you would call success. However, I have been playing Halo from the beginning, back when a 2 million user online population at a given time was not unheard of. Gamers today have become used to accepting mediocrity and crap as great gaming, look at the success of CoD.

Children of the 90's era golden age of gaming etc, have come to see through such nonsense.

Maybe to you having only one good game to play on a console was awesome but to the rest of the world it's great to all be playing different games. You don't pull those kinds of online numbers these days man. And don't ever try to speak for us 90's era folks, I haven't agreed to a almost any of your points yet

Pretty accurate point he made though, but obviously not for the group of gamers that fall under it.
---
#47ArcGuardPosted 12/13/2012 9:59:52 AM
VauntX posted...
ArcGuard posted...
VauntX posted...
ArcGuard posted...
I love how everyone always says something about the Boltshot, as if they completely forget about the lolmauler. You want overpowered mini-shotgun? Look no further.

There's a difference between a mini-shotgun that you can take into combat and a mini-shotgun that you pick up on the field.

What was your point again?

In previous halos, you had an excuse to not see it comign when someone maulered you.

In this game, you know that everyone could potentially have a boltshot. And yet you walk up to them and then complain about how they kill you. How is that overpowered? Keep your distance. If you're more than 5 feet from them, it's not lethal. So you have no excuse and are just playing poorly if you think the boltshot is overpowered.

First of all, the boltshot has an effective one hit kill range of 9 meters, which exceeds even the shotgun.

Second, knowledge that somebody has something doesn't change the fact that it might be overpowered. If there was a weapon in the game that killed in three shots through walls, you would be very aware that everybody was using it, and it would definitely be considered overpowered.

Except that scenario is not the same as this. There would be no way to counter that. Boltshot is EASILY countered by not rushing around and running at people when you don't know what weapons they have. You don't run up to them? You don't die. It's crazy, inoright? Any primary weapon can easily outmatch a boltshot with a little finesse. And if he's camping? Go somewhere else? Guarding a flag? Use grenades or the boltshot you also have.

Also, I'd question your usage of the term EKR on the boltshot there. Just because you can kill someone at 9m doesn't mean that's in its effective kill range. (otherwise the EKF of the Rocket Launcher is as far as the rockets will go...)
#48BurnsDepartmentPosted 12/13/2012 10:00:55 AM
manrightchea posted...
Ah yes, the "get better" rebuttal. The hell with balance, surely any person that makes a post outlining negative game balances must be bad at the game.

Fair enough, you mark my words though, and remember when you read this post.

If any of the "get better" crowd actually mean it, I'm sure they'll explain just how one can get so good that objectively bad weapons become objectively better than objectively good weapons.
And why pretty much all anyone uses is the DMR, even though it's perfectly balanced.

I mean, if ya'll are so amazing, there must be at least one of you kind-hearted enough to tutor nubcakes like myself and OP, eh?
#49Asherlee10Posted 12/13/2012 10:01:51 AM
ArcGuard posted...
Boltshot is EASILY countered by not rushing around and running at people when you don't know what weapons they have. You don't run up to them? You don't die. It's crazy, inoright?

Hey, don't be bring strategy up in here, proving people wrong.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#50manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 10:04:00 AM(edited)
yohabroha posted...
manrightchea posted...

I responded to this only to ask you why you think I would care if you have yet to agree with me?

Also if anything those games from the 90's eras offered far MORE variation that today. Due to both console pricing being lower, adopt rate being higher, and game development be far cheaper.

I'm not a dick of a person it is a legitimate question.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"