The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#51lderivedxPosted 12/13/2012 9:06:09 AM
Burns: we play customs together quite often. Youre more than welcome to sandbag your team for a few games.
#52Linctagon7Posted 12/13/2012 9:06:27 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
I played one game with the B Rifle and went 29-6. Play the next game on the exact same map with the exact same group of people using the DMR and I go 42-11. Nothing changed except the weapon used.

Yes things did change between those games. Have you taken any psychology classes or anything? Many, many variables are going to be different from match to match. So, your evidence is invalid.

And yet I can repeat that result over and over again at a whim. Like a scientific expirement. It can be tested, observed and replicated without fail. The DMR is just plain better than any other starting weapon. It is much easier to use and win 1v1 gunfights with. I do better with the DMR than I do with any other starter weapon. Every single time. Without fail.

Also, don't forget the second part of my post. Why is it that an exlusively DMR player's performance declines when he uses the B Rifle? And no, being familiar with the weapon has nothing to do with it. It's point and shoot. Yet they can do it well with the former and less well with the latter. Why?
#53smoovekenPosted 12/13/2012 9:06:32 AM
So I guess you haven't felt that warm fuzzy feeling when you absolutely dominate DMR users in close quarters with an assault rifle/thruster pack combo.
#54iRGushPosted 12/13/2012 9:06:33 AM
ArcGuard posted...
VauntX posted...
ArcGuard posted...
I love how everyone always says something about the Boltshot, as if they completely forget about the lolmauler. You want overpowered mini-shotgun? Look no further.

There's a difference between a mini-shotgun that you can take into combat and a mini-shotgun that you pick up on the field.

What was your point again?

In previous halos, you had an excuse to not see it comign when someone maulered you.

In this game, you know that everyone could potentially have a boltshot. And yet you walk up to them and then complain about how they kill you. How is that overpowered? Keep your distance. If you're more than 5 feet from them, it's not lethal. So you have no excuse and are just playing poorly if you think the boltshot is overpowered.

Boltshot can kill much farther than 5 feet. Why do you talk about stuff you know nothing about? When has spawning with a shotgun ever been ok?
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#55VauntXPosted 12/13/2012 9:10:06 AM
ArcGuard posted...
VauntX posted...
ArcGuard posted...
VauntX posted...
ArcGuard posted...
I love how everyone always says something about the Boltshot, as if they completely forget about the lolmauler. You want overpowered mini-shotgun? Look no further.

There's a difference between a mini-shotgun that you can take into combat and a mini-shotgun that you pick up on the field.

What was your point again?

In previous halos, you had an excuse to not see it comign when someone maulered you.

In this game, you know that everyone could potentially have a boltshot. And yet you walk up to them and then complain about how they kill you. How is that overpowered? Keep your distance. If you're more than 5 feet from them, it's not lethal. So you have no excuse and are just playing poorly if you think the boltshot is overpowered.

First of all, the boltshot has an effective one hit kill range of 9 meters, which exceeds even the shotgun.

Second, knowledge that somebody has something doesn't change the fact that it might be overpowered. If there was a weapon in the game that killed in three shots through walls, you would be very aware that everybody was using it, and it would definitely be considered overpowered.

Except that scenario is not the same as this. There would be no way to counter that. Boltshot is EASILY countered by not rushing around and running at people when you don't know what weapons they have. You don't run up to them? You don't die. It's crazy, inoright? Any primary weapon can easily outmatch a boltshot with a little finesse. And if he's camping? Go somewhere else? Guarding a flag? Use grenades or the boltshot you also have.

Also, I'd question your usage of the term EKR on the boltshot there. Just because you can kill someone at 9m doesn't mean that's in its effective kill range. (otherwise the EKF of the Rocket Launcher is as far as the rockets will go...)

Apologies. The Boltshot always kills in one shot up to 9m. So much for 5ft.

Saying something is counterable in some way doesn't stop it from being overpowered. The Boltshot breaks CQC cleanly in two. It's a secondary that's stronger than the other CQC weapons in the game. This shouldn't be this difficult to figure out.
#56DarthVashtiPosted 12/13/2012 9:11:55 AM
manrightchea posted...
I've been having issues with Halo 4 for a while now, and up to now, I was growing frustrated because I could not nail down why I was losing so many 1v1 encounters. This includes 1v encounters where I would often have a 1 or 2 shot advantage on my mark.

Having played for longer now, I know why this is. You see, I have up to now been using the BR about 50% of the time, with the other 50% spread between the Light Rifle, Carbine and DMR. When I initially picked up the game, I saw very little difference in lethality between the DMR and each of its counterparts. However, having played longer now, one thing has become clear to me.

THE DMR OUTCLASSES EVERY OTHER PRIMARY/STARTING WEAPON IN THIS GAME.

It has a higher overall damage output than the BR, and due to its ROF and the aim-assist functionality of this game, it still outclasses the BR even at close-mid to mid range. Now the first argument many will say towards this is that both the DMR and BR are 5 shots to kill. This is deceptive however, as the BR shoots a 3 round burst, has lateral spread, and has a bit more recoil. If ANY of those 15 pellets needed to kill misses, then then BR is no longer a 5 shot weapon. This would be fine, if not for the fact that the ability to spam the DMR at great speed while making use of its higher damage profile and the games aim-assist make landing 5 shots with the DMR a cakewalk . Little markmanship.

At long range, it dominates each other primary rifle.

The Carbine, it is seriously underpowered. However fast the firing speed may be. To say you like the Carbine and main it is fine, however it is also true that if you main the Carbine, you can expect to lose many a 1 v 1 encounter due to its pathetic damage. Not only this, but you will run out of ammo fairly quickly due to the ROF and fact that is is a rare/nonexistent primary for ammo pickups, even with the Ammo perk.

The Light Rifle. It is slow to the point that the gun becomes the perfect assist primary. You'll basically be weakening your opponents for teammates with better primaries to clean up for free. The Light Rifle lacks the speed/rate of fire to compete with the DMR. This is added to the fact that the DMR has a huge line of sight.

In addition to the DMR's power and range lethality, it is made even easier to use due to the fact that the gun lacks any sort of functional bloom, and thus can compete inside of ranges that belong to either the BR and even the fully automatic starting weapons.

So what you are saying is you want all guns to be the same?
#57manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:13:08 AM
Not to be a dick guys, but I would rather discuss the primaries, not the Boltshot. Can you guys make another thread for that?
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#58Linctagon7Posted 12/13/2012 9:16:27 AM
DarthVashti posted...
manrightchea posted...
I've been having issues with Halo 4 for a while now, and up to now, I was growing frustrated because I could not nail down why I was losing so many 1v1 encounters. This includes 1v encounters where I would often have a 1 or 2 shot advantage on my mark.

Having played for longer now, I know why this is. You see, I have up to now been using the BR about 50% of the time, with the other 50% spread between the Light Rifle, Carbine and DMR. When I initially picked up the game, I saw very little difference in lethality between the DMR and each of its counterparts. However, having played longer now, one thing has become clear to me.

THE DMR OUTCLASSES EVERY OTHER PRIMARY/STARTING WEAPON IN THIS GAME.

It has a higher overall damage output than the BR, and due to its ROF and the aim-assist functionality of this game, it still outclasses the BR even at close-mid to mid range. Now the first argument many will say towards this is that both the DMR and BR are 5 shots to kill. This is deceptive however, as the BR shoots a 3 round burst, has lateral spread, and has a bit more recoil. If ANY of those 15 pellets needed to kill misses, then then BR is no longer a 5 shot weapon. This would be fine, if not for the fact that the ability to spam the DMR at great speed while making use of its higher damage profile and the games aim-assist make landing 5 shots with the DMR a cakewalk . Little markmanship.

At long range, it dominates each other primary rifle.

The Carbine, it is seriously underpowered. However fast the firing speed may be. To say you like the Carbine and main it is fine, however it is also true that if you main the Carbine, you can expect to lose many a 1 v 1 encounter due to its pathetic damage. Not only this, but you will run out of ammo fairly quickly due to the ROF and fact that is is a rare/nonexistent primary for ammo pickups, even with the Ammo perk.

The Light Rifle. It is slow to the point that the gun becomes the perfect assist primary. You'll basically be weakening your opponents for teammates with better primaries to clean up for free. The Light Rifle lacks the speed/rate of fire to compete with the DMR. This is added to the fact that the DMR has a huge line of sight.

In addition to the DMR's power and range lethality, it is made even easier to use due to the fact that the gun lacks any sort of functional bloom, and thus can compete inside of ranges that belong to either the BR and even the fully automatic starting weapons.

So what you are saying is you want all guns to be the same?

No. I want Zangief to be Zangief and Ryu to be Ryu.

The DMR is the answer to every single range in this game. Close, Mid, Far. Doesn't matter. That's not balance.
#59SeraphLancePosted 12/13/2012 9:19:47 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
The DMR is the answer to every single range in this game. Close, Mid, Far. Doesn't matter. That's not balance.

The Carbine supposedly has the fastest TTK, though it doesn't seem that way to me.

The Light Rifle DOES have a faster TTK than the DMR when scoped, so it is the best weapon at long range if you can aim with it. Overpowered or not, the DMR is not the best at every single range.

That leaves the BR, which I'm half convinced people only want a buff for because they can't let go of their nostalgia. I say just get rid of the damn BR.
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#60manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:20:13 AM
I'm not sure how anyone could have read that response, yet somehow come to the conclusion that I want every gun to be the same.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"