The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#61Dville_WeezyPosted 12/13/2012 10:25:30 AM
I agree with buffing the other rifles and leaving the DMR as is- a decent AR user will win if someone tries to DMR up close...but the carbine is definitely far too weak. I don't see any issues with its ammo or range (since its supposed to be used a bit differently), but at AR range, it feels like its outclassed by the BR and DMR. One poster mentioned sneak attacks though, and its great for that, though I personally prefer automatics to ambush someone. The lightrifle could definitely use a buff with unscoped shot damage, at range its great as is.

In the past, you had to pick up the BR...until enough people complained to get BRs as a starting weapon, and then variety went out the window. At least with this game, there's enough weapons that can do the same thing, but their best performance is in varying situations, so you still see variety. I wouldn't go charging into close/medium range with a lightrifle and a secondary, because I'm just asking for it then...unless I have firepower equipped to have an automatic as a secondary.
#62iRGushPosted 12/13/2012 10:27:19 AM
Most weapons are broken in this game anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RWaDwsGb1c0

Go to 2:40 and 6 to see how ridiculous the bullet magnetism is.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#63LugovesPosted 12/13/2012 10:27:37 AM
The BR and DMR seem almost redudant to me.

Why have 2 semi auto rifles to start with?
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti
#64Knox_32Posted 12/13/2012 10:28:34 AM
SeraphLance posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
The DMR is the answer to every single range in this game. Close, Mid, Far. Doesn't matter. That's not balance.

The Carbine supposedly has the fastest TTK, though it doesn't seem that way to me.

The Light Rifle DOES have a faster TTK than the DMR when scoped, so it is the best weapon at long range if you can aim with it. Overpowered or not, the DMR is not the best at every single range.

That leaves the BR, which I'm half convinced people only want a buff for because they can't let go of their nostalgia. I say just get rid of the damn BR.

The carbine ttk being the fastest is a myth. The light rifle scoped in is faster, but it's aim assist is not as good and it's not hitscan, so it is not really as good at the same ranges.

I honestly do feel the battle rifle is perfectly viable if people just stop trying to use it like a dmr. It is a team gun or meant to be used in conjunction with grenades. In both of these situations it's burst fire is great for getting a final bullet to the head right as shields go down instead of needing another trigger pul.
---
Summoner Name - AceBadcat
Mains - Cho'Gath, Ziggs, Viktor, Nunu, and Ezreal
#65SeraphLancePosted 12/13/2012 10:29:30 AM
iRGush posted...

When the hell did "hitbox" turn into "bullet magnetism" anyway?
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#66iRGushPosted 12/13/2012 10:30:32 AM
SeraphLance posted...
iRGush posted...

The hitbox for the head is nowhere near that big, try doing it with a sniper.

Learn the difference between the two before you post.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#67EDarienPosted 12/13/2012 10:31:10 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
We can argue untill we are blue in the face, but the fact remains that any player that is good with the Battle Rifle and uses it exclusively is even better with the DMR. Myself included. I played one game with the B Rifle and went 29-6. Play the next game on the exact same map with the exact same group of people using the DMR and I go 42-11. Nothing changed except the weapon used.

On the other hand, ask someone who only uses the DMR to roll a B Rifle, Carbine or Light Rifle and you can see their performance decline.

Explain that to me.

Also, Reach was an atrocity.

Um. You went from 4.8 kills per death down to 3.8. I truncated both numbers for simplicity sake, but your argument flies in the face of your evidence. Maybe think about that.
---
Lali-ho!
#68aLmosT_bLinDPosted 12/13/2012 10:34:37 AM
EDarien posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
We can argue untill we are blue in the face, but the fact remains that any player that is good with the Battle Rifle and uses it exclusively is even better with the DMR. Myself included. I played one game with the B Rifle and went 29-6. Play the next game on the exact same map with the exact same group of people using the DMR and I go 42-11. Nothing changed except the weapon used.

On the other hand, ask someone who only uses the DMR to roll a B Rifle, Carbine or Light Rifle and you can see their performance decline.

Explain that to me.

Also, Reach was an atrocity.

Um. You went from 4.8 kills per death down to 3.8. I truncated both numbers for simplicity sake, but your argument flies in the face of your evidence. Maybe think about that.

Lol no. The DMR is better than the BR in every aspect, the DMR has like a .1 second faster kill time so dont say the br is stronger
---
Gamertag: Too Relaxed
Call me Mr Swag.
#69SeraphLancePosted 12/13/2012 10:34:41 AM
iRGush posted...
SeraphLance posted...
iRGush posted...

The hitbox for the head is nowhere near that big, try doing it with a sniper.

Learn the difference between the two before you post.

This is the first Halo game anyone has ever used the term "bullet magnetism". Back in Halo 2 we called that "spread".
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#70lderivedxPosted 12/13/2012 10:37:39 AM(edited)
Lmfao