The DMR will ruin this game if left as is, actually it is doing so as we speak

#71Dville_WeezyPosted 12/13/2012 10:35:43 AM
Knox_32 posted...
SeraphLance posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
The DMR is the answer to every single range in this game. Close, Mid, Far. Doesn't matter. That's not balance.

The Carbine supposedly has the fastest TTK, though it doesn't seem that way to me.

The Light Rifle DOES have a faster TTK than the DMR when scoped, so it is the best weapon at long range if you can aim with it. Overpowered or not, the DMR is not the best at every single range.

That leaves the BR, which I'm half convinced people only want a buff for because they can't let go of their nostalgia. I say just get rid of the damn BR.

The carbine ttk being the fastest is a myth. The light rifle scoped in is faster, but it's aim assist is not as good and it's not hitscan, so it is not really as good at the same ranges.

I honestly do feel the battle rifle is perfectly viable if people just stop trying to use it like a dmr. It is a team gun or meant to be used in conjunction with grenades. In both of these situations it's burst fire is great for getting a final bullet to the head right as shields go down instead of needing another trigger pul.

Agreed 100%- you see way too many people trying to use the BR at the DMR's best range, or even at Lightrifle range, expecting to get a kill from far away. The other one you see is someone at a far distance coming at you from out in the open, using what seems to be a unscoped BR to try and kill you (the shots start to miss more and more). Whatever the case, I don't feel like having the 3rd iteration of Halo: BR because it becomes the only viable weapon due to people who can't get used to the other weapons when the situations call for it.
#72Urdnot_RuntPosted 12/13/2012 10:48:45 AM(edited)
The DMR is fine. The weapons are balanced. Just because one gun has a kill time that's a fraction of a second better than it's cousin doesn't mean it's unbalanced.

The BR excels when crossing streams with teammates because the burst can take out someone's shields and get a kill in one shot leaving almost no delay between when the shield goes off and the kill. If you run into someone and you both have a sliver of shields, the BR wins. The BR inflicts more instances of flinch and slows down the target more.

TC, if you're losing against DMR's with the BR when you have a 1 or 2 shot advantage it's because you're missing shots. I own DMR users constantly at mid range whether I'm using the DMR, BR or Carbine. It all depends on what's working for me right then.

There is a lot more to this game than 1v1 encounters and there is a lot more to take into consideration then which gun kills faster in a test when 2 people are standing still shooting eachother in the head.

You know the Light Rifle has a quicker kill time than the DMR, right? It's 5 shot when scoped out but 4 shot when zoomed in so when more people start getting crazy good at using it zoomed in in close-medium range, that's what I'm gonna be worried about.
#73iRGushPosted 12/13/2012 10:36:26 AM
SeraphLance posted...
iRGush posted...
SeraphLance posted...
iRGush posted...
Most weapons are broken in this game anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RWaDwsGb1c0

Go to 2:40 and 6 to see how ridiculous the bullet magnetism is.

When the hell did "hitbox" turn into "bullet magnetism" anyway?

The hitbox for the head is nowhere near that big, try doing it with a sniper.

Learn the difference between the two before you post.

This is the first Halo game anyone has ever used the term "bullet magnetism". Back in Halo 2 we called that "spread".

Bullet magnetism has been a term throw around since halo 2. I don't really think you know what spread is either if you think thats spread.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#74fiasco86Posted 12/13/2012 10:43:46 AM
iRGush posted...
SeraphLance posted...
iRGush posted...
SeraphLance posted...
iRGush posted...

When the hell did "hitbox" turn into "bullet magnetism" anyway?

The hitbox for the head is nowhere near that big, try doing it with a sniper.

Learn the difference between the two before you post.

This is the first Halo game anyone has ever used the term "bullet magnetism". Back in Halo 2 we called that "spread".

Bullet magnetism has been a term throw around since halo 2. I don't really think you know what spread is either if you think thats spread.

iRGush is actually right here
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
Number of times Killean_Nuggets has invalidated someone's post based solely on their Halo skill: 8
#75thethirdthoughtPosted 12/13/2012 10:44:54 AM
iRGush posted...

Yeah, the bullet magnetism in this game is ridiculous. Luckily, it hasn't reached towards halo 2's level of bullet magnetism, yet.
#76manrightchea(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 10:53:10 AM(edited)
Urdnot_Runt posted...
The DMR is fine. The weapons are balanced. Just because one gun has a kill time that's a fraction of a second better than it's cousin doesn't mean it's unbalanced.

The BR excels when crossing streams with teammates because the burst can take out someone's shields and get a kill in one shot leaving almost no delay between when the shield goes off and the kill. If you run into someone and you both have a sliver of shields, the BR wins. The BR inflicts more instances of flinch and slows down the target more.

TC, if you're losing against DMR's with the BR when you have a 1 or 2 shot advantage it's because you're missing shots. I own DMR users constantly at mid range whether I'm using the DMR, BR or Carbine. It all depends on what's working for me right then. At mid range, the difference in killtimes is so negligible that

There is a lot more to this game than 1v1 encounters and there is a lot more to take into consideration then which gun kills faster in a test when 2 people are standing still shooting eachother in the head.

You know the Light Rifle has a quicker kill time than the DMR, right? It's 5 shot when scoped out but 4 shot when zoomed in so when more people start getting crazy good at using it zoomed in in close-medium range, that's what I'm gonna be worried about.

You missed the part where I said that about 50% of my usage was a BR loadout, it is fully plausible to be 1-2 shots on an opponent and still lose an encounter when using the Carbine or LR. This is not just a BR vs DMR debate for me, it is the fact that one weapon is clearly superior overall.

As for the statement of trying to "use the BR at DMR ranges" that is nonsense. The DMR is not some mid-long range weapon, that is a hoax. The DMR is effective at ALL ranges, and DOMINANT to all at long ranges, and has the highest damage output in addition to the easiest aim assist in the game.

"There is a lot more to this game than 1v1 encounters and there is a lot more to take into consideration then which gun kills faster in a test when 2 people are standing still shooting eachother in the head."

This is part of my point, the other primaries have constraints, either effective ranges, speeds or damage outputs. The MR has none of these.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#77SahdukPosted 12/13/2012 10:52:00 AM
lderivedx posted...
Burns: we play customs together quite often. Youre more than welcome to sandbag your team for a few games.

You mention customs and I want to play this game. Anyone mentions any other way to play Halo 4 and I want to play TF2. :( This gaem sux
---
Lithibetilithibeticlthicbetbirchbichbetic
#78abel13111Posted 12/13/2012 10:52:32 AM
I'm also in agreement. While I won't say it ruins the game, or even makes it unplayable, but it makes the game kinda boring. Like you said, the other rifles are usable, but they all have a specific weakness. Light rifle must be scoped in to be at full strength, carbine requires a lot of shots to kill somebody, the BR's spread prevents it from being used outside of mid range.

The DMR though has no factors or variables to limit it to a specific range like the other starting rifles. It's strong all across the board, and that's why it dominates. Now like other people said, this is the same with the other halos, one specific gun dominates, like with halo 3, it was the BR, CE it was the pistol, Reach was the DMR.
---
Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain
#79BigTlovesBEERPosted 12/13/2012 11:00:23 AM
DMR is ruining the game lol

you guys are funny
#80Knox_32Posted 12/13/2012 11:01:14 AM
Just another two cents from this nobody, I feel map design has more to do with the dmr being called OP than it truly being so. There are many big team maps and most smaller maps with the exception of abandon and adrift have long firing lanes that favor the DMR over other precision weapons. I feel the situations that play to the strengths of the BR are just slightly rarer.

That said, I feel the carbine is just weaker than the others (I am open to counters to this, I used to love the carbine in 3.) The light rifle just requires far to much accuracy and prediction to be practical for the average player (not necessarily a bad thing.)
---
Summoner Name - AceBadcat
Mains - Cho'Gath, Ziggs, Viktor, Nunu, and Ezreal