So Spartan IVs are more human than Spartan IIs?

#1Huah2000Posted 12/13/2012 5:37:44 PM
Wasn't that the point of the beginning video. Halsey is getting interrogated by some considered "something different". According to this person, Spartan IIs are lacking basic human emotions and can not socialize. Halsey then accuses the interrogator of "Replacing him" meaning John-117.

This leads me to believe that this guy is the new developer of the Spartan program. As a result, Spartan-IVs (like Sarah Palmer) seem to be more reckless than Spartan-IIs. Its my hope that in the new trilogy, they explain how Halsey got the formula right while the new Spartan IVs are flawed.
---
Hail HUAH!!!
XBL Gamertag: MrDroopy
#2VoidBeyondPosted 12/13/2012 5:42:11 PM
Obviously they're more human, they were just normal soldiers before they signed up to become Spartan IV's

Spartan II's, on the other hand, were taken from home at 6 and trained to be killers and to not be any bit merciful. But the point of this new trilogy is that Chief is finding figuring out he is a human like everyone else
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#3manrightcheaPosted 12/13/2012 6:16:23 PM(edited)
They are both just as human physiologically, apparently both have the same augmentations. The only difference with Spartan IVs is that they are psychologically more human than Spartan II's due to them signing on voluntarily as adults and not being indoctrinated from childhood via harsh training methods.
---
GT: FRANK NlTTl
"I am a great wind who will sweep all before me like a........a great wind!"
#4ExtraspectrePosted 12/13/2012 6:09:46 PM
manrightchea posted...
They are both just as human physiologically, apparently both have the same augmentations. The only difference with Spartan IVs is that they are psychologically more human than Spartan II's due to them signing on voluntarily as adults and not being indoctrinated.

IV's don't have anywhere near the augmentation that II's did.
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#5manrightcheaPosted 12/13/2012 6:14:27 PM
Extraspectre posted...
manrightchea posted...
They are both just as human physiologically, apparently both have the same augmentations. The only difference with Spartan IVs is that they are psychologically more human than Spartan II's due to them signing on voluntarily as adults and not being indoctrinated.

Where is your proof of this? I know 1's and III's don't have the same augmentations but I was under the impression that IV's had a more-safe or more easily implemented form of the Spartan II augmentations.

I would actually hope this is the case as I prefer the II's by far, but can you link me to where you read this?
---
#6ExtraspectrePosted 12/13/2012 6:49:42 PM(edited)
manrightchea posted...
Extraspectre posted...
manrightchea posted...

Where is your proof of this? I know 1's and III's don't have the same augmentations but I was under the impression that IV's had a more-safe or more easily implemented form of the Spartan II augmentations.

I would actually hope this is the case as I prefer the II's by far, but can you link me to where you read this?

I may have been wrong in the sense that they don't have more upgrades in general, though there is something about SII being selected as genetically perfect specimens before the augments and that producing greater synergy effects (If you read the first book when Halsey met John he could predict coin-flips perfectly every time and was much stronger and faster than the other kids).

I can only assume that SIV's use pretty much the same Procedures as the SIIIs since there is really no detailed info on it.

Anyway, here is the facts I could find:

http://www.halopedia.org/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures

http://www.halopedia.org/Halopedia:CHRYSANTHEMUM
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
#7AoENIACPosted 12/13/2012 6:46:18 PM
The proof is the very first book about Spartan IIs where they explain that children can be augmented further due to their malleable young bodies.

In the game Spartan IIs and Spartan IVs have no functional differences while playing them but in the lore Chief's augments are more extensive because they were done as a child rather than an adult.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#8manrightcheaPosted 12/14/2012 1:18:47 AM(edited)
AoENIAC posted...
The proof is the very first book about Spartan IIs where they explain that children can be augmented further due to their malleable young bodies.

In the game Spartan IIs and Spartan IVs have no functional differences while playing them but in the lore Chief's augments are more extensive because they were done as a child rather than an adult.

Oh right I do remember that, I read that book. I forgot about the perfect specimens leading to increased augmentation effects. I remember how their reaction speeds were only supposed to increase about 300 percent but increased by 1400. Something along those lines, I never took that into account.

Even if the augmentations themselves were the same, they would get the higher effects due to being genetically perfect children. Also I hope I didn't come off like an ass, I wasn't asking for proof because I was calling you a liar, I was asking for proof because I have been wanting more extensive details on what augmentation the non-SII Spartan IV ranks received. I haven't found anything that goes into detail about them yet.

I want to like the SIV's but they seem so damn undisciplined compared to all of the other Spartans, be it IIs or IIIs.
---
#9Ryguy226Posted 12/14/2012 4:37:24 AM
manrightchea posted...
I want to like the SIV's but they seem so damn undisciplined compared to all of the other Spartans, be it IIs or IIIs.

Same here, every time I listen to "Spartan" Miller, I want to punch him. The way they speak and banter to each other just doesn't come off as Spartan like, even the Spartan III's from Noble team bantered a lil, but were serious about it, these guys just come off as an everybody (which they probably are) in Spartan armor, not a super soldier.
#10DruskenPosted 12/14/2012 5:17:41 AM
Extraspectre posted...

If you read the first book when Halsey met John he could predict coin-flips perfectly every time and was much stronger and faster than the other kids).

Go read the book again. He had luck and the leadership knack but he was not the strongest or fastest. Fred was considered to be just taking second place so he wouldn't get attention and Samuel was considered the strongest before his death. Also Kelly is considered the fastest. Not meaning to come off like a dick, just wanting you to have the facts straight.