Do you care about your K/D?

#11Arctic_SunrisePosted 12/13/2012 8:00:16 PM
Nope, not at all. Hell, if I defined my gaming worth via stats rather than just enjoying the game, I'd probably never, ever play anything.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#12ffmasterjosePosted 12/13/2012 8:41:58 PM
Yes in Halo
---
Your favorite Trapper's favorite Trapper
#13EmperorLinkXPosted 12/13/2012 8:48:00 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
not enough to change how i play the game...but i look at it periodically

Same here. I usually have a k/d ration of near enough to 1 to be happy. But in objective games, i usually dont care at all. Most of the time im the only person playing the objective.
---
Death to Gnomes and Murlocs!
#14ODommPosted 12/13/2012 8:49:02 PM
As a Dominion Player, no...
I can't, if I did... I would be dead by now.
---
I think I've finally made the mods hate me, this is the 3rd account they hate of mine XD Bout time ~~ Dominion 95/240 wins
#15Tha_BloccPosted 12/13/2012 8:55:47 PM
Nope not one bit. I play halo to relax and have some fun. I could not careless about my k/d.
---
"Open up the casket, I ain't dead yet".
#16EDarienPosted 12/13/2012 9:00:39 PM
Eh, not really. I really vary what I play a lot. I'll do like 2 rounds of SWAT then a Dominion game or two, then some CTF and/or a Team Regicide ... I'm really all around the playlists, so my K/D is bound to be low. I'll check it out once in a while if I'm logging onto Waypoint for kicks, but it doesn't really effect how I play.

For instance, on CTF I might be in last place on my team by points, but the kills/assists I got before the enemy grabbed the flag simply don't count for much. That doesn't make me any less important to the team. Heck, I went 15-0 in CTF twice on Ragnarok. Enemy never got the flag beyond the landing zone of the man cannon. And that only happened twice the whole match. I was still in last place on points, but could have been an entirely different game had I not defending the flag like I did. The same is true in other matches where I die, keeping 3 enemies busy while my flag runner gets the score. My K/D goes down pretty hard there, and I don't even get flag score points, but he never would have made it if not for my interference.

K/D can be fun, especially among friends to ****talk, but it means absolutely nothing unless all you play is slayer. Even then, assists should be factored in when judging someone's skill.
---
Lali-ho!
#17tarzanmxPosted 12/13/2012 9:02:34 PM
I sometimes look at it to get an indicator of how I'm doing, but I don't really care enough to let it get on my head.
Hell, I've already mentally braced myself for the fact that getting things like the Plasma Pistol to Master level are gonna make it take one huge dive.
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#18PidgeonPeasantPosted 12/13/2012 9:04:52 PM
Indirectly. The care of it comes from the fact that doing well (getting kills and dying less) is more fun to me. I don't care what the particular number is, but the more consistently I am going positives, the more fun I am essentially having.
#19Crystal_DreamPosted 12/13/2012 9:08:38 PM
Not at all;
which is probably why I should stop playing Team Regicide since I'm ALWAYS King... -_-
---
"I love you, I love you forever, so give me your love
to love me forever." - Hatsune Miku
#20PraetorianGhostPosted 12/13/2012 9:46:05 PM
Since I almost exclusively played flood to get the assault stance, (which I got about week ago) I am forced to not care about it until it is out of the abyss it is in right now.
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."