Do you care about your K/D?

#21vengeance_gloryPosted 12/13/2012 9:53:47 PM
I care about it more than a human baby.

Not really, though. It's all about the K/D spread and assists.
---
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/suprmodified/halo4
#22Seto_RyuPosted 12/13/2012 9:55:44 PM
Not really. I use to get mad when it went below 2, but lately I've just stopped. I started to actually go for objectives and just have fun. I don't mind going negative in a game if I get 4 flag captures. I'll die for the flag; it's up to my team to get the kills.
#23CyanocittaPosted 12/13/2012 9:58:18 PM
Yes. I only play slayer modes, and I feel that the most important thing to help your team is your k/d ratio. I have fun trying to get the most kills with the least deaths possible.

If I were an objective mode player I would not. K/d doesn't really matter as much depending on your role in those playlists.
#24lord_wazooPosted 12/13/2012 10:00:14 PM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
Couldn't care less

^
---
Scutchyy
#25J_Dawg007Posted 12/13/2012 10:01:58 PM
K/D or even Ka/D isn't the be all end all anyway. I care more about my teammates' than my own though. Even though it's not a true indicator of skill in every situation, it's at least a guideline so you can see how they play and how they'll fare.

To make unfair generalizations, I figure if someone is over 2 (like me </stealth brag>) then they probably aren't gonna do much in the way of objectives. Whenever I play Oddball, CTF, etc., the higher K/D randoms on my team generally don't go for the ball or the flag. They may aid in the assault for said objects, but they rarely pick them up.

If someone is in the barely positive range, I figure they probably go for objectives, throwing themselves mercilessly at the enemy until the goal is achieved. That's not a bad thing, either. They play to win, not to have the gaudy stats.

If someone is 0.5 or lower, I tell them to return the game to Gamestop so they can get Call of Duty.

The last one was a joke, obviously, and those scenarios don't happen in every instance. But they are merely my observations having played this game a while.
---
Private LUE is better than public LUE in the same way a 15-car collision is better than a 16-car collision. -CJayC
#26VoidBeyondPosted 12/13/2012 10:07:27 PM
Kinda. I look at it once in a while to make sure I'm positive.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#27phillyeagles123Posted 12/13/2012 10:25:46 PM
I used to care about my K/D in Halo 3 and Reach, but not so much anymore. As long as it is above 1, then I'm okay with whatever it is. I care somewhat about my K/D in Slayer, but not so much in Objective, since it doesn't really matter what your K/D is in objective, but it does to an extent in Slayer.
#28drakor180Posted 12/13/2012 10:34:00 PM
I just want it at least even. It's nice to see the number rise, but it's no big deal.
---
Why do I come here again? This place is so cynical...
#29splodesplodePosted 12/13/2012 10:40:00 PM
Somewhat, not as much in this game, it a lot harder to stay alive
---
<3
#30sravankbPosted 12/13/2012 10:41:27 PM
Nope.

Just play the game; K/D shouldn't affect how much fun you're having.
---
6 MONTHS!? Jesus that's a long attention span... I'm lucky if I can pay attention for more than