Do you care about your K/D?

#81Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 12/14/2012 7:45:03 AM
I couldn't really give less of a crap about my K/D because I mostly play objective based games. I might care a little bit if I only played Slayer matches, but even then I still wouldn't give much of a crap about it because I don't really take online gaming seriously like I did 10 years ago when XBL first came out and I wasn't married with children and was still living alone. I just play to have fun nowadays.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#82Asherlee10Posted 12/14/2012 7:45:40 AM
DSquarius posted...
And you didn't? It might of worked or at least given me something funny to read when I log on this evening.

I'm very disappointed in you :P

Playing tonight?

Most definitely! I'll probably be on about 9 PM CST
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#83Killean_NuggetsPosted 12/14/2012 7:46:22 AM
You don't even know what I think.

What you think is pretty clear from your previous posts. You think that how well someone has done in a game is based on their K/D, especially in slayer. A higher K/D indicates a better player. Pretty sure I just hit the nail right on the head with regards to what you think.

So lets say you have player A, who gets a K/D of +20 from a game of slayer, but his team still lost. Now lets say you have player B who got a K/D of +4, but the way in which he played allowed his team as a whole to perform better and subsequently his team won. A lot of people would agree that player B was better than player A overall.

What we get from this is that individual K/D is pretty much irrelevant in TS, team K/D is what matters.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#84lderivedxPosted 12/14/2012 7:49:55 AM
Im fairly certain seiken has said that people who go negative in slayer are a detriment to their team.
#85DSquariusPosted 12/14/2012 7:50:40 AM
Killean_Nuggets posted...

So lets say you have player A, who gets a K/D of +20 from a game of slayer, but his team still lost. Now lets say you have player B who got a K/D of +4, but the way in which he played allowed his team as a whole to perform better and subsequently his team won. A lot of people would agree that player B was better than player A overall.

What we get from this is that individual K/D is pretty much irrelevant in TS, team K/D is what matters.

Without taking anything from this little dispute into account, this statement is 100% correct.
---
Get at me
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#86DSquariusPosted 12/14/2012 7:52:52 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
DSquarius posted...
And you didn't? It might of worked or at least given me something funny to read when I log on this evening.

I'm very disappointed in you :P

Playing tonight?

Most definitely! I'll probably be on about 9 PM CST

I should be on by then. I'm two hours ahead in AST.
---
Get at me
#87keyblade_lordPosted 12/14/2012 7:56:17 AM
Nope.avi
---
OBJECTION! This Topic Clearly Sucks!
PSN, Steam and Gamertag: Joseponypants
#88Asherlee10Posted 12/14/2012 7:58:27 AM
DSquarius posted...

NFL, right?

I imagine you're buried in 15 feet of snow.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#89DSquariusPosted 12/14/2012 8:01:04 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
DSquarius posted...

NFL, right?

I imagine you're buried in 15 feet of snow.

NS and no snow!
---
Get at me
#90SeikenZPosted 12/14/2012 8:08:13 AM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
You don't even know what I think.

What you think is pretty clear from your previous posts. You think that how well someone has done in a game is based on their K/D, especially in slayer. A higher K/D indicates a better player. Pretty sure I just hit the nail right on the head with regards to what you think.

No, I actually think the same. The previous post where I said that K/D meant everything in slayer was in response to someone who said it didn't matter at all in general , which is wrong. It's obviously more important that your team does well overal, but there is hardly a team when you play with people you don't know, which goes for me since all I do is play alone.

lderivedx posted...
Im fairly certain seiken has said that people who go negative in slayer are a detriment to their team.

Actually, that depends on what the individual did to get there. If all he did was walk out into the open just to get shot, then yes obviously, but if he did so to acquire control of the map, a weapon, you name it, then no.
---