Was gonna buy this but now I'm not so sure. Is it really this bad?

#1WalkerRedPosted 12/18/2012 3:49:06 AM
So I'm a fan of both halo and cod. Didn't have time to play both so I went with cod because everyone knows playing with randoms sucks and most of my friends play cod.

So after playing cod for a bit I thought it was time to change things up. I came to this board to see how things were going and it seems to be overwhelmingly negative. Is it really that bad? What are things things people hate and love about this game? I don't want to waste 60 bucks.
#2Azrael0206Posted 12/18/2012 3:53:26 AM
Find some friends that have it,
Try it out a little bit, see how you like the gameplay.
Read reviews (not from forum boards) of the game.
Find a good holiday special on maybe a used copy :)

This board is mostly comprised of trolls and elitists
So an opinion from here may steer you wrong.

Good luck :)
---
Always willing to help!
Official Angel of Death
#3Wolfsangel90Posted 12/18/2012 3:59:17 AM
^What he said.

This board really isn't the place to judge the game from. hes not exaggerating when he says "full of trolls and elitists." This is basically a complaint forum, where people moan about any negative aspect they can find over and over, without mentioning the good things.

A lot will tell you that this is easily the worst Halo. I'm personally having the most fun playing a Halo game since Halo 2 (been playing since CE launch-day.)
---
And this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace.
It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention.
#4nuclearpizzaPosted 12/18/2012 4:00:24 AM
I have both Blops 2 and this game and it is fun. Im constantly switching back and forth between the two and having a blast. Its worth it.
---
All about me:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQd7_HqR900
GT: Rainingoblivion
#5Meatwad3000Posted 12/18/2012 4:04:47 AM
I wouldn't buy it honestly. 343i would rather waste time making updates that take away people playing their poorly designed maps instead of making an update where the game isn't a laggy mess where DMR and boltshot run rampant on Haven 24/7.

personally I regret spending the $40 I paid for the game and I really hope a Title Update fixes a lot of the issues soon.
---
GT : oOignignoktOo
#6Wolfsangel90Posted 12/18/2012 4:19:02 AM
Meatwad3000 posted...
I wouldn't buy it honestly. 343i would rather waste time making updates that take away people playing their poorly designed maps instead of making an update where the game isn't a laggy mess where DMR and boltshot run rampant on Haven 24/7.

personally I regret spending the $40 I paid for the game and I really hope a Title Update fixes a lot of the issues soon.

What lag? Other than a limited time frame on a few select nights (mostly before updates and such) I haven't had any lag other than typical poor connection lag.
---
And this stillness of life did not in the least resemble a peace.
It was the stillness of an implacable force brooding over an inscrutable intention.
#7Azrael0206Posted 12/18/2012 4:23:01 AM
Wolfsangel90 posted...
Meatwad3000 posted...

What lag? Other than a limited time frame on a few select nights (mostly before updates and such) I haven't had any lag other than typical poor connection lag.

He means his fisher price modem connection he got at wal-mart.
He needed to Q_Q about it somewhere, so why not here?
---
Always willing to help!
Official Angel of Death
#8xninjagrrlPosted 12/18/2012 4:35:12 AM
If you mainly care about the campaign/story then a rental would suffice. You can easily beat this game in 5-6 hours playing by yourself.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#9iFi_SalamanderPosted 12/18/2012 6:04:15 AM
My advice to you in honest non-bias:

They game has a great campaign and is incredibly fun, but you will be miserable if you are worried about your K/D, because survivability in this game is nigh impossible because of how easy the game is because of the aim assist and the DMR/Boltshot, Past Halos I'd settle on a 2.0+K/D. On here I am happy with a 1.5 on a good day, and realistically I am more of a 1.25.
---
~Fire and Ice~
#10SunDevil77Posted 12/18/2012 6:07:10 AM
No, look at the overwhelmingly positive reviews.
GameFAQs is riddled with babies who can't handle change, and this Halo changes it up a bit. It's a fantastic game, and you should definitely pick it up.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.