I wonder why they called it SWAT.

#1Smackdowner1Posted 12/18/2012 8:31:31 PM
These are Spartans, not police.
And what special weapons and tactics are even being employed here? It's basically the most generic game mode ever.

They should have just called it "Headhunters". It fits within the Halo universe* and describes the objective perfectly. I know there's a completely different gametype in Reach with a similar name, but who ****ing cares? That's Reach. If that mode ever comes back, just call it something else.

Hell, I'd even take "ODST" over "SWAT"

* http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Headhunters
---
''Belligerence'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2012
#2aLmosT_bLinDPosted 12/18/2012 8:37:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3metroidman92Posted 12/18/2012 8:38:55 PM
I suppose you do need different tactics to do good in SWAT. Not special tactics, exactly.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#4infamous3668Posted 12/18/2012 8:46:28 PM
SWAT is a very old game type that started in like Halo 2... ODST was not a common term back then.
---
gamertag = DWinsGamertag
#5Smackdowner1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 8:52:24 PM
infamous3668 posted...
SWAT is a very old game type that started in like Halo 2... ODST was not a common term back then.

I'm sorry.
Did I ask for a ****ing history lesson?

I don't think I did.
---
#6Governator00Posted 12/18/2012 8:52:26 PM
Wow.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#7EDarienPosted 12/18/2012 8:53:15 PM
Headhunters doesn't work for a few reasons. 1) Predator ripoff. 2) Headhunters apparently were given cloaking, motion trackers and other tech that most Spartans weren't. In other words SWAT are regular Spartan IIIs and the other gametypes are Headhunters with AA and radar.

Basically SWAT is an apt term. The normal game involves radar, armor abilities and energy weapons/grenades. Also, vehicles. Special doesn't mean advanced, it simply means unique/different. It is a deviation from the normal game. It is special, specifically the tactics are special as they are VASTLY different from the regular game. Also, the weapons aren't special in the sense of being "unique" but they are limited, leading to even more special tactics.
---
Lali-ho!
#8infamous3668Posted 12/18/2012 8:54:53 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
infamous3668 posted...

I'm sorry.
Did I ask for a ****ing history lesson?

I don't think I did.

Well... U kinda did when u asked y it was called SWAT, the name just never changed
---
gamertag = DWinsGamertag
#9SahdukPosted 12/18/2012 9:02:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10Smackdowner1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 9:02:54 PM
EDarien posted...
) Headhunters apparently were given cloaking, motion trackers and other tech that most Spartans weren't. In other words SWAT are regular Spartan IIIs and the other gametypes are Headhunters with AA and radar.

Hey genius, the reason I'd rather have it called Headhunters is because you shoot for the head not because the characters in the book had all the cool toys.
---