I wonder why they called it SWAT.

#41GoroPosted 12/18/2012 11:42:26 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
Happy?

No.

LololzorzzZ
BTW I was an inheritor in reach unhappy guy!!!!!
WHOOOOOO.!!!!!!
---
GT: GaryBuseyT33th
#42The Real Evil LuigiPosted 12/19/2012 1:01:08 AM
Awwe yeah the good old days, when everyone would start humming the official song while playing. Good times all around
---
Can one fill rooms with furniture in Forge? Personally, I can't wait to furnish the fight.--Sb27441X
Epic
#43JikanEXEPosted 12/19/2012 5:46:54 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
EDarien posted...
) Headhunters apparently were given cloaking, motion trackers and other tech that most Spartans weren't. In other words SWAT are regular Spartan IIIs and the other gametypes are Headhunters with AA and radar.

Hey genius, the reason I'd rather have it called Headhunters is because you shoot for the head not because the characters in the book had all the cool toys.

Butt hurt much?
#44ChrisSLPosted 12/19/2012 5:53:25 AM
I also wonder about the name SWAT. only the S and the T are correctly placed for this game mode.
#45DuwstaiPosted 12/19/2012 5:56:50 AM
Tactics in SWAT: camp

Swat is only good when its a free for all on a small map. Like back in the Halo 2 days. Then its fun and about aim skill and reaction time.

4 person teams on huge maps is an exercise of royal boredom and lame "tactics" like crouch camping in a tiny corner of the map with only the top of your head showing. So fun.
---
balls
#46MaxBemisPosted 12/19/2012 11:14:26 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
infamous3668 posted...
SWAT is a very old game type that started in like Halo 2... ODST was not a common term back then.

I'm sorry.
Did I ask for a ****ing history lesson?

I don't think I did.

Are you like, six years old? Good lord.
---
This calls for science!
#47phillyeagles123Posted 12/19/2012 11:41:21 AM
Wow, TC asks a question, people respond, and then he gets pissy about it. What, were we not supposed to answer the question? Were we just supposed to read it, and then move on?
#48tubb311Posted 12/19/2012 11:54:49 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
These are Spartans, not police.
And what special weapons and tactics are even being employed here? It's basically the most generic game mode ever.

They should have just called it "Headhunters". It fits within the Halo universe* and describes the objective perfectly. I know there's a completely different gametype in Reach with a similar name, but who ****ing cares? That's Reach. If that mode ever comes back, just call it something else.

Hell, I'd even take "ODST" over "SWAT"

* http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Headhunters

no one cares what you are wondering about gametype titles
#49darren19822000Posted 12/19/2012 1:34:02 PM
since i made this gametype on halo 2. well i didnt INVENT it im sure, but in my large circle of friends i was the first to introduce it. ive always called it oh s***. thats what id always hear over the game chat when i killed someone close to me...ahh the memories of "swat" on foundation.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#50EDarienPosted 12/19/2012 2:33:03 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
EDarien posted...
) Headhunters apparently were given cloaking, motion trackers and other tech that most Spartans weren't. In other words SWAT are regular Spartan IIIs and the other gametypes are Headhunters with AA and radar.

Hey genius, the reason I'd rather have it called Headhunters is because you shoot for the head not because the characters in the book had all the cool toys.

Hahahaha ... I don't remember asking you a ******* thing.
---
Lali-ho!