Please hear me out: Resi 6 DLC or Crimson Map pack?

#1IamChaChaPosted 12/20/2012 8:45:01 PM
Probably gonna get a lot of flak for asking this so here goes: Between the Crimson DLC and the new modes DLC in Resident Evil 6, which would you say is more worthwhile? The access to either is not terribly imperative to be honest, but I do have some spare Microsoft Points lying around that I wouldn't mind making use of.

Randomuser97: How could you buy DLC for Resi6?! Crapcom on disc DLC hoot hoot hoot!

Well now that you mention it, on disc DLC is ironically what I WOULD be leaning towards as I'd like to take HDD space into consideration. How big is it/ how big is the Crimson DLC?

xxXuserXxx: This is stupid. Which game do you enjoy more? Get the DLC for that game. Duh.

Well I enjoy Halo 4 a lot. Vanilla Halo 4. Haven't gotten bored of it yet and never played a custom game yet either. I don't CRAVE more maps, but if the maps are good I wouldn't mind having 'em.

Resi 6...if you asked me of I'd spend money on DLC for the game prior to its release I'd have scoffed arrogantly, causing you to feel belittled. Then I would exert remorse and promptly apologize, and simply answer the question with a 'no'. This was before I got hooked on Mercenaries and put more than 40 hours in that mode alone. Not to mention I got the pre-order exclusive maps recently without using my own cash and never really got mileage out of them. So that's about 10 maps to play on, were I to get the new modes. Also got a lot of RE points to spend.

userurameshi117: Your asking this board so obviously the answer is this game.

userama-man: ^Go back to school. It's: you're. This is an M rated game, so maybe when you graduate you can come back to this board.

userurameshi117: Screw you, jag off if I wanted to take a grammar class, I'd go back to high school.

userama-man: If you did in fact graduate, why would they let you back on school grounds for a grammer class? Fail logic is fail.

instigativeuser007:^lolol fail! It's 'grammar'. Maybe the both of you can check your schedules and meet up in the same class. Anyway, RE6 sucks, it's not horror it's Call of Duty. It strayed from it's roots. Anyway Halo 4 sucks, it's not competitive it's Call of Duty. It strayed from is roots.

userurameshi117: [This message was deleted by a moderator or an administrator]

Guys guys please! Can someone please help me out here?
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?
#2chickenwaxPosted 12/20/2012 9:17:36 PM
I see your argument, actually, but I'm still going for the Halo 4 DLC. The game has a more lasting appeal, and I just fear the RE6 multiplayer scene will die WAY sooner.
---
"Two in Harmony, Surpasses One in Perfection" -The Kirijo Group
#3IamChaCha(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 4:20:36 AM
I see...
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?
#4DSquariusPosted 12/21/2012 5:23:06 AM
I'd pass on the Crimson pack. The maps are not very good and that seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen. This game needs more medium / small maps but all three from the Crimson pack are huge and, imo, poorly laid out.

I can't say buy the Resident Evil 6 DLC instead because I never picked that game up. I played the demo, threw up on my controller from being so disgusted, and cancelled my pre-order of the anthology.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#5DSquariusPosted 12/21/2012 5:26:06 AM
Forgot to mention that I see the Crimson DLC going the same way as Reach's DLC. You'll never get to play the maps in a month or two.

I know there's a terrible terrible infinity slayer competition going on right now so that takes away some of the player base, but last night during peak Thursday night hours there was only 1200 - 1500 players in the DLC playlist.
---
#6CorndogburglarPosted 12/21/2012 6:11:13 AM
DSquarius posted...
Forgot to mention that I see the Crimson DLC going the same way as Reach's DLC. You'll never get to play the maps in a month or two.

I know there's a terrible terrible infinity slayer competition going on right now so that takes away some of the player base, but last night during peak Thursday night hours there was only 1200 - 1500 players in the DLC playlist.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that the Crimson DLC has three absolutely horrible maps and I would die a happy person if I never had to play them again.
---
Everyone said it a was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#7superhPosted 12/21/2012 6:38:33 AM
If you are a resi fan and enjoyed 1-4, get the map pack. Less disappointment. I'm being absolutely honest.
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
#8Brendy_BoyPosted 12/21/2012 8:21:09 AM
The new maps for Halo are terrible, so don't get them.

As for the Resi 6 DLC, haven't played it.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender
#9Alex_SagePosted 12/21/2012 8:24:32 AM
I see the DLC maps all the time in regular matchmaking.

Sure nobody is playing the DLC playlist, but that's because it's already fully integrated into standard matchmaking.

Don't post lies.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#10DSquariusPosted 12/21/2012 8:30:45 AM
Alex_Sage posted...
I see the DLC maps all the time in regular matchmaking.

Sure nobody is playing the DLC playlist, but that's because it's already fully integrated into standard matchmaking.

Don't post lies.

Like they did with Reach and eventually those maps never came up.

I thought you were leaving the boards btw.
---