Please hear me out: Resi 6 DLC or Crimson Map pack?

#11Alex_SagePosted 12/21/2012 7:34:40 AM(edited)
Oh. I didn't realize that. I never really played reach all that much.

And yeah I was, but facebook and gamefaqs took action and I'm protected for the time being.

Then some random user sent me a spec code, and Blite backed off admitting that the one dude seriously took it too far. It was just dramatic.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#12ARsignal11Posted 12/21/2012 8:11:07 AM
DSquarius posted...
Alex_Sage posted...
I see the DLC maps all the time in regular matchmaking.

Sure nobody is playing the DLC playlist, but that's because it's already fully integrated into standard matchmaking.

Don't post lies.

Like they did with Reach and eventually those maps never came up.

I thought you were leaving the boards btw.

Alex_Sage is right. Halo 4's matchmaking is improved where it will prioritize people who have the maps and match them together multiplayer. I constantly get the Crimson maps as choices all the time. Not sure if that was the case with Reach as those maps - even when they were first initially released - never came up in the normal big team and 4v4 slayer.

As for the quality of the maps, they are more geared towards big team slayer. I personally like the maps and enjoy playing on them.
#13aLmosT_bLinDPosted 12/21/2012 8:12:43 AM
Alex_Sage posted...
Oh. I didn't realize that. I never really played reach all that much.

And yeah I was, but facebook and gamefaqs took action and I'm protected for the time being.

Then some random user sent me a spec code, and Blite backed off admitting that the one dude seriously took it too far. It was just dramatic.

good to hear.
---
Gamertag: Too Relaxed
Call me Mr Swag.
#14Alex_SagePosted 12/21/2012 8:16:23 AM
For what it's worth, thanks for sticking up for me.

lol, but seriously, moving on. I actually enjoy the new DLC maps.

The big team maps are awesome and offer a lot of variety.

The only map I don't really care for is Harvest because it's like the new Haven. When it shows up everyone picks Harvest in 4v4. It's mad annoying because I feel the map is too big for 4v4 and everyone just wastes their time in vehicles.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#15UltimateGeth39Posted 12/26/2012 12:04:30 AM
Go for the RE6 maps and if you get any new game modes I would skip versus its pretty broken predator is fun onslaught is ok the new maps are pretty good requiem for war has ogroman as a special enemy so thats pretty cool just my opinion though.
#16Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 12/26/2012 12:20:36 AM
Alex_Sage posted...
The only map I don't really care for is Harvest because it's like the new Haven. When it shows up everyone picks Harvest in 4v4. It's mad annoying because I feel the map is too big for 4v4 and everyone just wastes their time in vehicles.

This is how I feel about Harvest for the most part. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have Infinity Slayer on it, but they seriously need to have their head examined. It's really just a terrible map in general, though. There isn't one redeeming quality about it. Shatter and Wreckage are great, though.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#17lilstingPosted 12/26/2012 12:24:20 AM
I ended up playing the Crimson DLC quite a bit in hopes of getting the cheevos. Trust me dude, even if you like Big Team Battle, the maps are still bad. I didn't pay for the maps, and I was able to boost the achievements before the maps got taken away. I like to support companies by shelling out my money when possible, but this was just a NO. I refuse to buy these maps, and you'd be wise to do the same. I never played RE 6 so I can't say about that. What I would ultiamtely suggest doing though is to pay attention to the daily deals Microsoft has been giving to us each day. They've had some very good XBLA games on sale. I managed to get Mark of the Ninja for 600 pts. I wanted to get Dust, but never got on my xbox that day. There are still a few more days until the daily deals are done so I would start by looking there. BTW the walking dead episode 1 is free right now so give that a DL.
#18Booty_CallPosted 12/26/2012 12:33:44 AM
Avoid the Crimson Map Pack.

Eegghhh
---
"Oh bother," said Pooh as he chambered his last round.
Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador
#19JkickitPosted 12/26/2012 2:23:12 AM
DSquarius posted...
Forgot to mention that I see the Crimson DLC going the same way as Reach's DLC. You'll never get to play the maps in a month or two.

I know there's a terrible terrible infinity slayer competition going on right now so that takes away some of the player base, but last night during peak Thursday night hours there was only 1200 - 1500 players in the DLC playlist.

I've played the DLC maps MANY times outside the playlist.
---
Oh no meng! http://tinyurl.com/bcnp2xk FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% - --- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Skyrim, PKMN White 2, and PKMN Crystal.
#20IamChaCha(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 7:22:44 AM
Ended up getting 1 new mode from the Resi DLC. Ended up NOT regretting the decision so much that I'm straight up gonna get all the rest and probably even the new maps, even though buying one of the modes separately outside of the bundle would cost me more.

Needless to say, I think I made the right decision. If a Capcom game's DLC can make me willingly WANT to spend money for more, I may never see this phenomenon again.

Thanks for the advice guys; I can wait for Halo 4's next non big team map pack.
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?