Surprise Code Giveaway! (This one will take a 'bit to figure out)

#61BillyBob_21Posted 12/24/2012 8:12:25 PM
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
I honestly just went through every single combination using all letters and numbers excluding the number zero like this.

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And got nothing. So unless something was going wrong with all of the attempts to redeem I was clicking every half a second, this must be a cruel trolling which I didn't anticipate given the TC's history...

And yeah I have no life.

I very highly doubt you went through every possible combination, considering there are thousands and thousands of different combinations.
#62I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/24/2012 8:14:31 PM
mrgreen55 posted...
I honestly just went through every single combination using all letters and numbers excluding the number zero like this.

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And got nothing. So unless something was going wrong with all of the attempts to redeem I was clicking every half a second, this must be a cruel trolling which I didn't anticipate given the TC's history...

And yeah I have no life.

Did the same, same results. Not even an "Invalid, code has already been redeemed" message either.

I have too much free time for Christmas Eve.

I got the processing circle icon followed by "Please enter a valid code." every time... And sometimes the loading circle took slightly longer or shorter than other times so I'd expect it was genuinely processing it.
---
GT: Call Me Rhythm
#63lizard_cops5771Posted 12/24/2012 8:18:23 PM
rhythm you didnt do every combo, that would take you weeks
#64I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/24/2012 8:18:37 PM
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And yeah I have no life.

I very highly doubt you went through every possible combination, considering there are thousands and thousands of different combinations.

Given how the TC narrowed it down I believe it goes something like this

Each of those 6 possible assigned spots for the characters in question represent this many possible situations

M = 1 possible letter
number = 9 possible numbers
letter = 26 possible letters

You multiple those chances by each other to get 234 possible combinations, and then multiply that by 6 for each positioning I mentioned to get 1,404 possible combinations.

Not thousands.
---
#65lizard_cops5771Posted 12/24/2012 8:26:46 PM
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And yeah I have no life.

Each of those 6 possible assigned spots for the characters in question represent this many possible situations

M = 1 possible letter

You multiple those chances by each other to get 234 possible combinations, and then multiply that by 6 for each positioning I mentioned to get 1,404 possible combinations.

Not thousands.

sorry bud but that's just really wrong
#66FullMetalMegaPosted 12/24/2012 8:28:25 PM
Well anyways, Someone send me a PM when someone actually redeems it and know what it is. Night.
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
#67BillyBob_21Posted 12/24/2012 8:29:26 PM
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And yeah I have no life.

M = 1 possible letter

Not thousands.

Ummm no. We are dealing with permutation, not combinations. Even if he narrowed it down a bit, you are still dealing with tens of thousands of different possibilities. If he didn't narrow it down, you would be in the hundreds of thousands.
#68I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/24/2012 8:30:09 PM
lizard_cops5771 posted...

o sry maff jeanyus
---
#69BillyBob_21Posted 12/24/2012 8:32:08 PM
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
lizard_cops5771 posted...

o sry maff jeanyus

It's okay, I'm sure you are good at another subject.
#70mrgreen55Posted 12/24/2012 8:33:20 PM
There aren't "thousands" of combinations. One of the 3 spots is an M, and the only numbers used in the other spots are 2,3,4,6,7,8 or 9.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.