Surprise Code Giveaway! (This one will take a 'bit to figure out)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Surprise Code Giveaway! (This one will take a 'bit to figure out)
3 years ago#61
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
I honestly just went through every single combination using all letters and numbers excluding the number zero like this.

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And got nothing. So unless something was going wrong with all of the attempts to redeem I was clicking every half a second, this must be a cruel trolling which I didn't anticipate given the TC's history...

And yeah I have no life.

I very highly doubt you went through every possible combination, considering there are thousands and thousands of different combinations.
3 years ago#62
mrgreen55 posted...
I honestly just went through every single combination using all letters and numbers excluding the number zero like this.

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And got nothing. So unless something was going wrong with all of the attempts to redeem I was clicking every half a second, this must be a cruel trolling which I didn't anticipate given the TC's history...

And yeah I have no life.

Did the same, same results. Not even an "Invalid, code has already been redeemed" message either.

I have too much free time for Christmas Eve.

I got the processing circle icon followed by "Please enter a valid code." every time... And sometimes the loading circle took slightly longer or shorter than other times so I'd expect it was genuinely processing it.
---
GT: Call Me Rhythm
3 years ago#63
rhythm you didnt do every combo, that would take you weeks
3 years ago#64
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And yeah I have no life.

I very highly doubt you went through every possible combination, considering there are thousands and thousands of different combinations.

Given how the TC narrowed it down I believe it goes something like this

Each of those 6 possible assigned spots for the characters in question represent this many possible situations

M = 1 possible letter
number = 9 possible numbers
letter = 26 possible letters

You multiple those chances by each other to get 234 possible combinations, and then multiply that by 6 for each positioning I mentioned to get 1,404 possible combinations.

Not thousands.
---
3 years ago#65
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And yeah I have no life.

Each of those 6 possible assigned spots for the characters in question represent this many possible situations

M = 1 possible letter

You multiple those chances by each other to get 234 possible combinations, and then multiply that by 6 for each positioning I mentioned to get 1,404 possible combinations.

Not thousands.

sorry bud but that's just really wrong
3 years ago#66
Well anyways, Someone send me a PM when someone actually redeems it and know what it is. Night.
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
3 years ago#67
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

M-letter-number
M-number-letter
letter-M-number
letter-number-M
number-letter-M
number-M-letter

And yeah I have no life.

M = 1 possible letter

Not thousands.

Ummm no. We are dealing with permutation, not combinations. Even if he narrowed it down a bit, you are still dealing with tens of thousands of different possibilities. If he didn't narrow it down, you would be in the hundreds of thousands.
3 years ago#68
lizard_cops5771 posted...

o sry maff jeanyus
---
3 years ago#69
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
lizard_cops5771 posted...

o sry maff jeanyus

It's okay, I'm sure you are good at another subject.
3 years ago#70
There aren't "thousands" of combinations. One of the 3 spots is an M, and the only numbers used in the other spots are 2,3,4,6,7,8 or 9.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Surprise Code Giveaway! (This one will take a 'bit to figure out)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived