Surprise Code Giveaway! (This one will take a 'bit to figure out)

#71I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/24/2012 9:35:00 PM
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
lizard_cops5771 posted...

sorry bud but that's just really wrong

o sry maff jeanyus

It's okay, I'm sure you are good at another subject.

You guys can criticize when you guys show me your genius equations kay? And for the record, permutations and combinations are essentially one in the same- at least for this math problem.
---
GT: Call Me Rhythm
#72lizard_cops5771Posted 12/24/2012 9:37:05 PM
there are 13,800 options at the least. that's being really flexible though because that's assuming that the LETTER character isn't an M

realistically, there are about 15,000 combo's here with just these 3 characters missing.

so, yeah.
#73I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/24/2012 9:38:46 PM
there are 13,800 options at the least. that's being really flexible though because that's assuming that the LETTER character isn't an M

realistically, there are about 15,000 combo's here with just these 3 characters missing.

so, yeah.

NO DEWD there are 5 TRILLION BILLION options at the LEAST. that's being really flexible though because that's assuming that the LETTER character isn't an M

realistically, there are about 9 HUNDRED BILLION MILLION combo's here with just these 3 characters missing.

See how easy that was?
---
#74mrgreen55Posted 12/24/2012 9:40:59 PM
No vowels, N, or S. No 0 or 5 in numbers. Check your math again.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.
#75lizard_cops5771Posted 12/24/2012 9:42:44 PM
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

o sry maff jeanyus

You guys can criticize when you guys show me your genius equations kay? And for the record, permutations and combinations are essentially one in the same- at least for this math problem.

here's my geneeus ekuashion dat i make 4 u

3 different characters. 25 different characters to choose from (18 letters, 7 numbers.) again, this is being flexible, because the chances that M is chosen two times is really unlikely.

so we have (25!)/((25-3)!) which simplifies to 25! / 22! which is...

yeah, 13,800.
#76BillyBob_21Posted 12/24/2012 9:43:36 PM
mrgreen55 posted...
There aren't "thousands" of combinations. One of the 3 spots is an M, and the only numbers used in the other spots are 2,3,4,6,7,8 or 9.

Oh I didn't realize it was narrowed down that close. Well it's a good thing he narrowed it down that far lol, because from just the info in the first post, it would have been over a million different combinations. But you guys are correct, with the current info, it's just over a thousand different combos.
#77lizard_cops5771Posted 12/24/2012 9:45:58 PM
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

so, yeah.

NO DEWD there are 5 TRILLION BILLION options at the LEAST. that's being really flexible though because that's assuming that the LETTER character isn't an M

realistically, there are about 9 HUNDRED BILLION MILLION combo's here with just these 3 characters missing.

See how easy that was?

on top of me proving you wrong, you managed to make yourself look even dumber by saying 9 hundred billion is a bigger number than 5 trillion billion

way to go champ
#78I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/24/2012 9:48:13 PM
I_Got_Rhythm posted...
BillyBob_21 posted...
I_Got_Rhythm posted...

o sry maff jeanyus

here's my geneeus ekuashion dat i make 4 u

3 different characters. 25 different characters to choose from (18 letters, 7 numbers.) again, this is being flexible, because the chances that M is chosen two times is really unlikely.

so we have (25!)/((25-3)!) which simplifies to 25! / 22! which is...

yeah, 13,800.

a)Making each possible character pool from BOTH letters and numbers makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE

b)You're not accounting at all for the fact that a KNOWN character is M

c)You obviously have no idea what situations factorials are actually used for
---
#79I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/24/2012 9:48:51 PM
Oh and thanks for making yourself look stupid! :D
---
#80lizard_cops5771Posted 12/24/2012 9:54:06 PM
lI_Got_Rhythm posted...

a)Making each possible character pool from BOTH letters and numbers makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE

b)You're not accounting at all for the fact that a KNOWN character is M

c)You obviously have no idea what situations factorials are actually used for

a) how does that not make sense? we don't know if the second spot is a letter or a number.

b) i did, if i didn't then the number would be 26!/23!

c) factorials are used as a shorthand for solving combinations and permutations in the mathematics community, among other things

i like how you get hurt about it though, makes it way more fun