what's the worst gun in the game?

#21forthnbackPosted 12/26/2012 8:10:08 AM
If you mean the boltshot is super annoying, then yes. But I, and I'm certain many others, use it to great affect without dying a whole lot. Its relatively easy to use, and certainly the best secondary weapon outside of the plasma pistol on BTB.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat
#22BitakuPosted 12/26/2012 9:00:22 AM
Go2Church posted...
Worst performance wise?

Concussion Rifle.

This is what I was thinking.
---
On a different website I'd say "I'm surprised you got modded for insulting Hitler." but not on GameFAQs. - CatfishWiggins
#23Alex_SagePosted 12/26/2012 9:05:52 AM
The suppressor is so bad it changed my sexual orientation.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#24I have no namePosted 12/26/2012 10:01:23 AM
forthnback posted...
Its certainly a bad weapon (the boltshot) to spawn with, as its capable of an instant kill. In that sense, very annoying. However, anyone who thinks people pick it because they are "bad" or "in need of assistance" is being very stupid and hypocritical. Its a very powerful gun, so why wouldn't you take it? Its a competative multiplayer, where the goal is to kill your enemy. Do you mean to tell me you avoid the sniper, rocket launcher, mantis, and all other powerful weapons because to use something strong is "being bad at the game"?.

I can pretty much guarantee 90% of the people whining about the boltshot are using the DMR, the gun with auto-aim so ludicrous you can point it in someone's general direction, mash the trigger 5 times and get a kill from halfway across a BTB map.

It's just that when they sit in a corner the whole match behind a piece of cover that blocks their entire body except for the tiniest bit needed to shoot over it they call it 'skill', but when I trick one of them into running around a corner into a face full of boltshot they call it 'cheap'.

I'll stop using s gun that's stupid overpowered at close range when the rest of you stop using a gun that's stupid overpowered at every other range.
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#25bd0g5Posted 12/26/2012 10:07:35 AM
Oh sure, let's make the shotgun we spawn with even stronger.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#26superhPosted 12/26/2012 10:11:06 AM(edited)
The DMR. Only because it has so much aim assist. Well i know not aim assist, but the hit reticle is actually much bigger than what appears on your screen. therefore, you can have only the edge of the `invisible` reticle on their head or chin and it will head shot them. the center could not even be aimed on the spartan. That is how hitscan weapons work.

THAT needs to be nerfed. The DMR's stopping power and extremely fast kill time as well as vehicle attack power wouldn't be as bad IF it wasn't so easy to use.

I hate to say it, but this gun is obviously made so players with terrible aim can kill. Just go back to halo 3 quickly, and notice how bad your aim will be for a few games if you use the DMR ever. That is right, this is how it is without the insane reticle size.

Whilst the boltshot is cheap, it's not over powered. You actually need to aim quite well to get a kill with it unless your corner camping. It has a skill curve.
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
#27True_ScornPosted 12/26/2012 11:50:15 AM
ThirdDegree posted...
yeah that one is pretty bad. I meant the most annoying gun though. As in reach people liked to to use armor lock and crouch walk with invis with shotguns, or charge with the AR and melee. In Halo 3 people liked to use the mauler. I'd say people still like to do the noob combo with the plasma pistol, but the bolt shot seems to be a pretty popular choice this game.

What is this "noob combo"? Dropping someone's shields with a PP then blasting them in the face with BR/DMR?
#28Phifty2Posted 12/26/2012 11:51:57 AM
The one you use and get killed a lot without getting a lot of kills yourself. It's all subjective(well except for the DMR) and related to your play style and preference.
---
"Oh, well. What the hell. Checkers sells more than chess."
#29SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/26/2012 11:56:15 AM
True_Scorn posted...
ThirdDegree posted...
yeah that one is pretty bad. I meant the most annoying gun though. As in reach people liked to to use armor lock and crouch walk with invis with shotguns, or charge with the AR and melee. In Halo 3 people liked to use the mauler. I'd say people still like to do the noob combo with the plasma pistol, but the bolt shot seems to be a pretty popular choice this game.

What is this "noob combo"? Dropping someone's shields with a PP then blasting them in the face with BR/DMR?

Yeah, it was called the n00b combo in Halo 2 originally because you could dual wield the Plasma Pistol and the Magnum for quick 2 shot kills, especially since you could just run around with a fully charged PP the entire time.

It's carried over in different variations. It's actually pretty limited now as you have to charge, basically, right before you know you're going into combat otherwise you waste half of your energy for the weapon, plus you have to swap weapons to pick up that head shot. Not so much of a n00b combo anymore, but it's still a cheap kill.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#30bearded_moosePosted 12/26/2012 12:01:26 PM
ACTUAL worst?

people might argue the Plasma Pistol, but at least it has the charged shots.
the concussion rifle hands down, is the biggest POS in the game. even damage boost hardly makes it useful.

worst as YOU (tc) mean it?

it's either the boltshot or the DMR
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12