Should I switch from thruster pack to hard light shield?

#51CorndogburglarPosted 12/27/2012 5:41:25 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
ssj3blade posted...
>Implying having a wife and kids is something to brag about
>Implying "bad" is not subjective
>Implying people in this topic know what they're talking about
>Implying

It is something to brag about! Children are our future. The wife is give or take.

Bad is not subjective, if something is down right terrible in everything it does there is no way not to view it as bad. Bad can be used subjectively however, and there is a difference.

I never once said I knew what I was talking about, I'm just an ass.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your family, brother. I'm the same way with my wife and daughter.

I don't know how old these guys are that you're talking with, so I don't mean to imply that they are young, but people in general on this site seem to be young kids that don't understand the finer things in life yet.
---
Everyone said it a was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#52SomnambulisticPosted 12/27/2012 6:35:06 AM
Thruster Pack is more versatile, so it wins. It can be used offensively or defensively. Hardlight Shield's only offensive capability is iffy, with reflecting things like rockets or fuel rod rounds back at the enemy, but that stuff reflects in a mostly random direction anyway.

Sidenote: Jet Pack is absolutely godawful for combat and if you use it while fighting you probably have a negative K/D. It's a map control ability, stick to that pls if you don't want to be a constant bullseye in the sky.
---
You wanna live forever?
#53iRGushPosted 12/27/2012 7:40:30 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
Sidenote: Jet Pack is absolutely godawful for combat and if you use it while fighting you probably have a negative K/D. It's a map control ability, stick to that pls if you don't want to be a constant bullseye in the sky.

Why do you give advice if you have no idea what you're talking about?
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#54SomnambulisticPosted 12/27/2012 8:37:23 AM

Name me an advantage the Jet Pack offers you in combat that outweighs the fact that you make yourself visible to more enemies and easier to shoot at the same time.

I'm giving this advice based off of experience. I haven't played against or seen a single person do well with the Jet Pack when they actually use it during fighting. They get lit up like a Christmas tree every time. Every. Time.
---
You wanna live forever?
#55bd0g5Posted 12/27/2012 8:50:03 AM

Name me an advantage the Jet Pack offers you in combat that outweighs the fact that you make yourself visible to more enemies and easier to shoot at the same time.

I'm giving this advice based off of experience. I haven't played against or seen a single person do well with the Jet Pack when they actually use it during fighting. They get lit up like a Christmas tree every time. Every. Time.

Have you played with any of the competent players on this board? I'm guessing you haven't.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#56SomnambulisticPosted 12/27/2012 8:59:43 AM

Have you played with any of the competent players on this board? I'm guessing you haven't.

It wouldn't really make a difference. If nobody can explain their playstyle with the Jet Pack in action as to why it's effective during combat, then seeing them actually using it wouldn't change anything.

If somebody can provide some info detailing why it's useful during fighting, then I wouldn't even need to see it in action. But, I haven't heard any of these good reasons yet, nor somebody do well with it regardless.
---
You wanna live forever?
#57SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/27/2012 9:00:24 AM
Jetpack + Bolt Shot or AR = Death From Above. It's not useful in every situation, but if you drop down on someone after peppering their ass, or randomly appear in front of them with a charged bolt shot, they are dead.

I never use the Jetpack myself, I'm not good with the bolt shot (oh the agony), but I do understand it's uses. Especially in maps with multiple levels that you can't always see down or around (abandon for instance).

Regen field has always worked for me. Useless in open combat, but if you're facing off against a few people and you have some cover, it's a quick way to get your shields to start recharging on demand, and the fact you only have to strife in and out of it really quick helps greatly.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#58NeeTamaPosted 12/27/2012 9:29:02 AM
I *thought* Hardlight Shield was useless, but I had a match on ragnarok where a team was just lighting me up any time I was visible for more than 2 seconds with the flag.

Guy with a hardlight shield put it on and backed up covering me whenever we were forced to go into the open.

The guys were in no range to throw grenades but could pick at me from afar, so I guess in this one instance it was great.
#59crazycloysterPosted 12/27/2012 11:05:18 AM
I use it with my grenade spam class (for those cqc grenade hurling parties on Adrift and the top floor of abandon)

resupply + explosives + hardlight + high traffic area = non stop grenade spam with little or no dmg from your own grenades and theirs

plus it always is hilarious when some scattershot dude rushes you and proceeds to shoot himself...
---
"...Now it is you you have made a bold charge across the neutral zone..."
#60themagicpainmanPosted 12/27/2012 11:11:09 AM
Does every thread on this board become a testosterone-filled e-peen waving fight?
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW