Hard Light Shield and Dexterity go very well together

#1ewalkPosted 12/26/2012 12:28:23 PM
Before you all start trying to gank me for saying the HLS is actually useful, try using it in Oddball.

Assault Rifle
Boltshot
Pulse Grenade
Hard Light Shield
Mobility
Dexterity

This is actually a really good load out. Keep in mind this is an objective game type, not slayer. The goal isn't to get as many kills as possible, the goal is to win. The AR will do a lot of damage even if you die, your teammate will finish the player off. I go 15 kills per game mostly, with about 15 assists too haha.

I tend to take a few bullets, throw up the shield while waiting for them to take the opportunity to either reload, or run their clip out, and finish them off. I will also try to melee after they throw a melee onto my shield.

It's not a perfect strat, but it works wonders. Try it out.
#2SLOPPYYYYYYYYYYPosted 12/26/2012 12:30:22 PM
lmao
---
XBL: yPPoLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxNhLlXaQMY my 2nd reach tage!
#3DSquariusPosted 12/26/2012 12:31:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4imthestuntmanPosted 12/26/2012 12:31:45 PM
you face people actually stupid enough to fire at the shield? i just throw grenades at their feet and wait for the ability to run out....
#5Groudon_UzamakiPosted 12/26/2012 12:34:34 PM
imthestuntman posted...
You developed a good strategy that works well for you? I am going to invalidate it by saying everyone you play sucks.

---
I've spent the past ten minutes sobbing uncontrollably.
Is this what a period feels like?" SomeThomas
#6Phoenixmon2Posted 12/26/2012 1:24:15 PM
Does Dexterity speed up your weapon draw after dropping hardlight shield or something?
#7SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/26/2012 1:25:26 PM
Groudon_Uzamaki posted...
imthestuntman posted...
You developed a good strategy that works well for you? I am going to invalidate it by saying everyone you play sucks.

To be fair, anyone who is dumb enough to blast a hardlight shield and not toss a nade by the feet is a pretty poor player.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#8CorndogburglarPosted 12/26/2012 1:45:37 PM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
Groudon_Uzamaki posted...
imthestuntman posted...

To be fair, anyone who is dumb enough to blast a hardlight shield and not toss a nade by the feet is a pretty poor player.

This
---
Everyone said it a was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#9CorndogburglarPosted 12/26/2012 1:47:44 PM
You never really mentioned how Dexterity and HLS work well together, even though it was the title of your thread.
---
Everyone said it a was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#10Ultima_WraithPosted 12/26/2012 1:56:38 PM
Corndogburglar posted...
You never really mentioned how Dexterity and HLS work well together, even though it was the title of your thread.

I think it probably has to do with you reloading faster than someone who doesn't have Dexterity and attacking first.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith