The Thesis of Halo Fanboys (and the one Fangirl out there too)

#1krazyninjaman3Posted 12/26/2012 1:43:46 PM
First of all FPS type games are not for you. All you know is that Halo is supposed to be an awesome game simply because you think that everyone else says so.

Because you are a follower of such trends, you seem to want to force yourself to a) like the game, and b) be fairly okay at it - not only so that you can validate the hype of the game before making any kind of objective decision yourself; but also so you can hopefully not be called a noob by everyone online while playing a game you really dont like at all (without the marketing behind Halo, it really is a mediocre series at best).

With that in mind i say WELCOME! as you are in good company. You will feel good knowing that there are millions of others JUST LIKE YOU! out there, mindlessly playing Halo 'because its supposed to be good' while forcing yourself to find the few things to actually like in it.

Some of you folks will be in such denile of disliking this series, that you'll even go so far as to read the crappy novels and watch the horrible animes. Even read everything in Waypoint! To those of you that have gone this far i say you are trying to hard! This ostrcises and marginalizes you from the rest of the nooby 'casuals' out there, and no one likes you.

Also interesting to note. You will all of the sudden detest the Call of Duty series. You will despise that this other game has beome way more popular than Halo, requires more skill to play, and is overall a much. much better game.

Do not worry young noobs; Halo is here for you! This will be your haven, and rejoice! for what a haven it is. Truth be told, no one is good at this game, no one actually likes this game, and no one likes anyone that likes this game and is good at it!

To all you Xmas noob casuals out there i say 'welcome to halo 4!'
---
Until Sony finally distributes the Purple Knight DLC for Castle Crashers (Like they were supposed to), i will be switching to XBOX 360 for everything.
#2iRGushPosted 12/26/2012 1:45:13 PM
i didnt read op
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#3ODommPosted 12/26/2012 1:46:35 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m59z7yYY1G1ry3ebmo1_250.gif
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#4krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 1:47:38 PM(edited)
Your exactly the kind of people i expected to reply to my topic! Wow, im like a .... scientist! or something!
---
Until Sony finally distributes the Purple Knight DLC for Castle Crashers (Like they were supposed to), i will be switching to XBOX 360 for everything.
#5shadowknight93Posted 12/26/2012 1:49:02 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
First of all FPS type games are not for you. All you know is that Halo is supposed to be an awesome game simply because you think that everyone else says so.

Because you are a follower of such trends, you seem to want to force yourself to a) like the game, and b) be fairly okay at it - not only so that you can validate the hype of the game before making any kind of objective decision yourself; but also so you can hopefully not be called a noob by everyone online while playing a game you really dont like at all (without the marketing behind Halo, it really is a mediocre series at best).

With that in mind i say WELCOME! as you are in good company. You will feel good knowing that there are millions of others JUST LIKE YOU! out there, mindlessly playing Halo 'because its supposed to be good' while forcing yourself to find the few things to actually like in it.

Some of you folks will be in such denile of disliking this series, that you'll even go so far as to read the crappy novels and watch the horrible animes. Even read everything in Waypoint! To those of you that have gone this far i say you are trying to hard! This ostrcises and marginalizes you from the rest of the nooby 'casuals' out there, and no one likes you.

Also interesting to note. You will all of the sudden detest the Call of Duty series. You will despise that this other game has beome way more popular than Halo, requires more skill to play, and is overall a much. much better game.

Do not worry young noobs; Halo is here for you! This will be your haven, and rejoice! for what a haven it is. Truth be told, no one is good at this game, no one actually likes this game, and no one likes anyone that likes this game and is good at it!

To all you Xmas noob casuals out there i say 'welcome to halo 4!'

I should take note of this just incase anyone ever asks if being bad at video games has a tell.
---
The Didact was the ancient evil, because he was basically forerunner Hitler.-SterlingFox
Trolling trolls since 2006.
#6Alex_SagePosted 12/26/2012 1:49:24 PM
Do you have a special one legged chair without a flat seat part?
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#7DSquariusPosted 12/26/2012 1:50:17 PM
zzz

I read it unfortunately. It was painful and if it wasn't for the uplifting Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade credit music in the background I would have fallen asleep.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#8ODommPosted 12/26/2012 1:50:30 PM
I'm not really a stupid troll, I just honestly didn't read it.
I wouldn't say I'm a "fanboy," I'd say I'm a fan.
The term fanboy is for kids who are... well "fanboys"
I'm an adult and I'm a fan of something. Fanboy is a dumb term
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#9krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 1:52:31 PM
ODomm posted...
I'm not really a stupid troll, I just honestly didn't read it.
I wouldn't say I'm a "fanboy," I'd say I'm a fan.
The term fanboy is for kids who are... well "fanboys"
I'm an adult and I'm a fan of something. Fanboy is a dumb term

Then just read my dam first post and you'll learn something about yourself today. I promise.
---
#10tubb311Posted 12/26/2012 1:53:39 PM
you can replace "Halo" in the OP with "Call of Duty" and it makes more sense