The Thesis of Halo Fanboys (and the one Fangirl out there too)

#211krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:07:13 PM
I already stated that i do not care for spelling and such. I know i should have wrote it out better, but i just wanted to get my ideas out there and did not care to proof read or hit the delete button when i caught my own spelling errors and such (i usually type in the dark with only my monitor lighting my keyboard).

So regardless of my spelling and whatever, you have no argument. Good job you corrected my spelling that i did not care about.

Oh, i am well aware that 'a lot' is two words, but i still purposely spell it as 'alot'.

There is a good reason for this that im sure you will agree with.

To say i have 'a lot' of something in modern english commonly refers to having much of something (ie. i have a lot of money).

However, when spelt as 'a lot' what you are actually saying is that you have 'a place' for something (ie: i have a 'lot' where i park my car reserved for me at the parking lot).

In order to help people distinguish between the two; i spell a 'a lot' as 'alot' when referring to having much of something (or 'lots' of something).

The word 'lot' should only have one meaning but actually has at least two. Universal rules of english are too lazy to distinguish between the different meanings without solely relying on the context of the sentence (wich in itself may be ambiguous), so i take it upon myself to correct this.

And one last thing. A semicolon is used when there are two different premises in the same sentance that are loosly connected. I suppose a comma would have fit better in the example you provided, but at the time i felt that the semicolon fit better because first i reply to someone saying 'yes' then adding my own stuff afterwards, ergo connecting the two normally unrelated premises together.
#212krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:13:01 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
Bet you can't get it to 500.

I did catch the Halo 2 reference; clever.

I dont care for getting topics to 500. If i did i would just post those stupid choose your own adventure games that people post around here.

Im just trying to help people out here; if i could do it in one post that would be great - seems people are very slow learners though.
#213King_of_NowPosted 2/6/2013 7:10:59 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
I already stated that i do not care for spelling and such. I know i should have wrote it out better, but i just wanted to get my ideas out there and did not care to proof read or hit the delete button when i caught my own spelling errors and such (i usually type in the dark with only my monitor lighting my keyboard).

I am aware that you have stated that you don't care for your spelling errors, but if you're going to attempt to come and insult other people, you may want to do so without appearing to have the grasp of English that one could expect of an intoxicated toddler.

krazyninjaman3 posted...
So regardless of my spelling and whatever, you have no argument. Good job you corrected my spelling that i did not care about.

Thanks bro, I really needed the praise of a troll. Just an FYI, if you're going to try for the trolling aspect of things, you're not supposed to compliment me when I go against you and your points.

At least try and put that foot down, dude. I want to see what you're made of!

krazyninjaman3 posted...
Oh, i am well aware that 'a lot' is two words, but i still purposely spell it as 'alot'.

There is a good reason for this that im sure you will agree with.

To say i have 'a lot' of something in modern english commonly refers to having much of something (ie. i have a lot of money).

However, when spelt as 'a lot' what you are actually saying is that you have 'a place' for something (ie: i have a 'lot' where i park my car reserved for me at the parking lot).

In order to help people distinguish between the two; i spell a 'a lot' as 'alot' when referring to having much of something (or 'lots' of something).

The word 'lot' should only have one meaning but actually has at least two. Universal rules of english are too lazy to distinguish between the different meanings without solely relying on the context of the sentence (wich in itself may be ambiguous), so i take it upon myself to correct this.

Started this little tangent off on a bad note. I do not, and will never agree with any reason for shortening "a lot" into "alot". Even your first-grade teacher would get annoyed when you made this excessively basic error.

"A lot" could certainly pertain to what you describe. In that instance, a "lot" whereby you store your vehicle. Unfortunately, "a lot" doesn't quite work that way.

I recognize that there could be confusion between the meanings of "a lot" but honestly, I believe those people to have even less intelligence than yourself. Most of us semi-cognitive human beings can read a sentence and tell which context the dreaded "a lot" was supposed to be taken.

Thanks for the assistance though.

krazyninjaman3 posted...
And one last thing. A semicolon is used when there are two different premises in the same sentance that are loosly connected. I suppose a comma would have fit better in the example you provided, but at the time i felt that the semicolon fit better because first i reply to someone saying 'yes' then adding my own stuff afterwards, ergo connecting the two normally unrelated premises together.

This is actually the only thing you have stated that is somewhat correct. I agree, a semicolon could work in that scenario, but in the end, a comma would have sufficed, and done the job better.

Thank you. Now please try again :)
#214krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:50:02 PM
It's people like me that help change things for the better, while people like you and my first grade teacher sheepishly enforce the staus quo even though you know it is wrong.

A lot should be made into its own word. I provide a good argument for it, and no one can tell me it is wrong to do so; because no one has any authority to do so without a rebuttle argument.

'I have a lot of lots. But can one really have a lot of lots?'

See how that can mean several different things at once? I just made up that sentance two seconds ago, im sure i could think of more if i wanted too. Your arguments against that are not valid or sufficient.
#215King_of_NowPosted 2/6/2013 8:37:58 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
It's people like me that help change things for the better, while people like you and everyone else sheepishly enforce the staus quo even though you know it is wrong.

A lot should be made into its own word. I provide a good argument for it, and no one can tell me it is wrong to do so; because no one has any authority to do so without a rebuttle argument.

'I have a lot of lots. But can one really have a lot of lots?'

See how that can mean several different things at once? I just made up that sentance two seconds ago, im sure i could think of more if i wanted too. Your arguments against that are not valid or sufficient.

Sentence*, rebuttal*

Had to fix that part of your text for you, cause it's more accurate this way. Anyone with sense knows how "a lot" is supposed to look in a field of text, and we use it accurately.

Be the issue wrong in your mind, or not, it is rhetorical and pointless to argue over. This is how the English language works. Is it a perfect language? Not by a long shot.

King_of_Now posted...
I'm aware you're attempting to seem intelligent, but please, don't flatter yourself
#216WebsandWigsPosted 2/6/2013 9:31:26 PM
Didnt read anything beyond the OP, just wanna say that I enjoy genuinley enjoy Halo games. SO yea
#217krazyninjaman3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:21:10 PM
English isnt perfect, but it is constantly evolving. It constantly evolves because of people like me.

You came out strong, but you lost when you got into the argument about 'a lot' vs 'alot'. You went on too long about spelling and who gives a hoot for such a while the internet lost interest in you and sided with me.

I give your effort 6.2/10. Not bad.
#218King_of_NowPosted 2/7/2013 12:29:58 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
English isnt perfect, but it is constantly evolving. It constantly evolves because of people like me.

It is constantly evolving but unfortunately for you, it's still the rules of English that pertain to how "a lot" is supposed to be. Be it correct, or incorrect in your mind (it matters not to me, and anyone else who understands the English language), again, it is rhetorical (that basically means pointless, FYI).

It evolves because of people like you? LMFAO kid! You think they're likely to change "sentence" to "sentance" because of you? How about changing the appropriateness for using a comma or semicolon? You may want to make sure you have a Grade Nine grasp of English before you attempt to state that you are a driving force in its evolution, pal. You're really not going to fool anybody that way.

krazyninjaman3 posted...
You came out strong, but you lost when you got into the argument about 'a lot' vs 'alot'.

I am aware I came out strong, because YOU backed off, reducing the points of your arguments down to the single point of "a lot" vs. "alot". Notice how it was you who made the issue the main point of your last post? I wasn't just gonna drop it after you did that, I don't run from my arguments like you do pal. It's called honor, try and scrape some up.

I go on about your spelling because you have the grasp of English that most immigrants could achieve after a year here.

You couldn't think of anything better to say? I am disappointed sir! Where is that grandiose attitude you had in the first 5 or 6 pages of this topic? Then, you were at least attempting to appear dominant, rather than willing to lie on the ground and take it. You made my job easier but please, fight back or something, I almost feel bad for wrecking you, I guess I'm just too peaceful.

krazyninjaman3 posted...
You went on too long about spelling and who gives a hoot for such a while the internet lost interest in you and sided with me.

The internet sided with you? When you're insulting them, and looking like a moron in the process? Here's a small task for you, you little child. Look back through all the posts in this topic. Do you really think they're with you? Really? Seems to me like they don't care for you all that much. See, I know how to read, kid, maybe you should try it as well.

Urdnot_Runt posted...
This is one of those troll threads where all the TC's points get taken apart and dismissed over and over and the TC keeps backpeddling but just won't stop.

Observe, Captain Delusional^. This sums you up in such an easy, eloquent way, and also shows just how "with you" these people are.

I would waste time and find more evidence that the people on this board hate you, but what would that achieve? You making some other lame excuses and pulling some more random BS out of the hat? Not interested, to be honest. I like logical arguments, because then at least I can feel superior when I refute them.

krazyninjaman3 posted...
I give your effort 6.2/10. Not bad.

Again, you're a terrible troll. You can't be giving me praise! 6.2/10 is still a passing grade!

Care to bring up any other points? As I've already said, you ran from my other points and reduced your argument down to a single point you believed you could overcome (which you failed).

So, here's your chance pal! Say something stinging and witty, you may yet actually insult me (I try and keep faith for that, I mean, I can't always "pwn" [STILL can't believe you actually use that LOL] you can I?)

Bring it, champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzK6GmfDcpc
#219SpiduxxudipSPosted 2/7/2013 12:32:33 PM
From: krazyninjaman3 | Posted: 2/6/2013 5:13:01 PM | #262
SpiduxxudipS posted...
Bet you can't get it to 500.

I did catch the Halo 2 reference; clever.

I dont care for getting topics to 500. If i did i would just post those stupid choose your own adventure games that people post around here.

Im just trying to help people out here; if i could do it in one post that would be great - seems people are very slow learners though.

I'll help.

267!
---
What do I look like, Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No Doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
Thizz iz what it iz -- GT - Spidux
#220King_of_NowPosted 2/8/2013 11:57:50 AM
Well friends, a time of greatest celebration has come for us.

This troll has been defeated, and has left the building, defeated and scarred from his attempts at being a successful keyboard warrior (and a successful user of the English language).

I hereby /topic.

Go in peace, my people.