Dominion Diaries.

#461GeneralKenobi85Posted 1/24/2013 12:53:43 AM
Man I wish I hadn't ignored this board for the last couple months. Missed out on most of this topic.

Great read so far though.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#462esprailePosted 1/24/2013 1:55:56 AM
C
---
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
#463IamChaCha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:07:22 AM
[A] xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: I gotta send Jaasce a party invite. It's the only way we can communicate without Derived knowing. Alright, let's see here.....dashboard...*sigh* this would be so much easier if we had sent each other friend requ-

Jaasce: Hey! You can hear me, can't you! You son of a ******, I know what you're doing.

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: !

Jaasce was now very close to Derived. He was within hearing distance. Derived has his rocket launcher out.

Iderivedx: I'd shudder to think I hadn't made it more obvious

Jaasce: You can never just play a game fair and square, can you?

Iderivedx: I'm not cheating, if that's what you're alleging. You're free to come and attack me or my base as you please. I will, as per the nature of the game, be forced to defend myself, however.

Jaasce:grrrrrrrr

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: Come on buddy, don't do it! Damn, I gotta hurry....recent players....there we go. Hm..it...it says 'Playing Halo 4, in theater menu.' That's not...he's here, not in the theater! Oh...right..

L3git took note of the black background that replaced the map's.

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: We're not in the game proper....we're in Derived's forged...hacked- concoction. Alright here we go. He should receive it now.

L3git noticed Jassce stop strafing. He stood still.

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: Oh! He must be reading it! Sweet! Huh?

Something caught L3git's eye. In the distance, away from the battle, a jade, glowing light emanated from behind a rock. It was definitely not present in the regular version of Longbow. It was too conspicuous not to check out.

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: What's that then? I better find out, brold timer might be walking into a trap....hm?

L3git saw Jassce start walking and strafing again. He was no longer reading the message.

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: He accepted?...but he's not in my party.......

meanwhile
Jaasce: The hell's sending me messages at a time like this?! Why is it all pixelated?

The writing on the Xbox notification prompt was blurry and unreadable, no doubt a side effect of playing on the hacked map. It was still possible to make out the sender's gamertag with some concentration, but this wasn't in Jassce's agenda.

Jaasce: I don't have time for random custom games invites! (To Derived) So this is the only way you can guarantee yourself a win, huh? When you bend the rules to your favor!

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: No! He's talking to him again....accept my invite, dude! Damn, maybe it's one of those times where it doesn't pop up in-game to distract-...no, he did stop......bah!

L3git ran towards the direction of the green glow. When he neared the next set of cover objects, he started sending another invite.

Iderivedx: I don't have to bend anything. You gave me options, but I still make the choices. You wanted to play this game, well I can show you that no matter how you stack it up to your liking, it will always go my way. Just accept it and move on.

Derived didn't sound enthusiastic. It seemed toying with Jaasce was not as fulfilling as when it was a collective effort with SLOPPY and L3git trying desperately to fend off doom. It seemed like just another day for him.

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: ACCEPT MY INVITE! DAMN! Maybe if I can get his attention somehow. Is that green thing a weapon? Maybe I could be behind Derived and wave it to make him l-...whoa..

The object was now in view. It was indeed a weapon. It was a Binary Rifle, but...one that was very peculiar. Instead of the Promethean aesthetic of orange-yellow glowing lights, it was black and glowing green. A piercing green which could not be produced from in-game forge objects. The rifle was heavily modded, it seemed....

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: What.......what is this?
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?
#464IamChaCha(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:07:25 AM
Jaasce: It must take a sad soul to get his jollies out of p-

Iderivedx: Please. You failed to hurl these pathetic quips of discontent before the match started. Don't make yourself look like a sore loser by voicing your displeasure now that you're losing.

Jassce: I'm NOT losing! That's the point! You want to force a tie.

Iderivedx: And?

Jaasce: So that you can cheat me out of victory with riddles for a tie-breaker, is that it?

Iderivedx: *Sigh*...can you honestly say you wouldn't find more excitement in solvi-

Jaasce: Can you honestly say you don't know what it feels like to be stolen from!?

Iderivedx: ............

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: ACCEPT THE INVITE, MAN! Damn...any louder and Derived'll hear me. Maybe I can shoot the rifle...

Jaasce: Match after match we were doing good, then you brought a curve ball to knock us off course. That's not fair. But you wouldn't care about what's 'fair', would you? You don't give a damn about anything do you!?

Iderivedx: ...........so...you gonna make a move, or....?

Jaasce: Your stupid rules, your stupid 'catches' and little disclaimers!

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: 'Invite sent'. Come on man, that's like the 5th one-

Jaasce: You don't know what it's like to have a friend ripped from your sight, do you?

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX:.....

Jaasce: I can only wonder where L3git is now....you..you freaking bastard, he didn't even deserve that. It was me, ME who messed up, and you take it out on him! Why? HUH!?! Cause you know there'd be nothing I could do about it?!

Iderivedx:...........

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX:.........................b......bro...

Jaasce: You're the epitome of low, you know that! You cheated us out of a victory with the first Dominion match, you cheated us out of winning by giving us ridiculous riddles, you cheated us out of our options, because you made the rules up as you went, and you cheated me out of the opportunity to send a good guy a friend request! You cheated L3git out of a victory and sent him away, and you cheated us out of enjoying it together! Do you know how it feels to be cheat-

Iderivedx: DO YOU?!

Jaasce:....!

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX: !

Derived snapped back. You fell silent immediately. Throughout everything, the three of you never saw Derived show any kind of emotion. It seemed.....it seemed you struck a nerve.

Iderivedx: You don't know the meaning of being 'cheated'. You don't know anything. You don't know what it means to have something taken away from you, let alone taken and claimed as one's own. You don't know anything. Anything! 'Dominion'...This game mode is...is nothing but a charade. A shadow of what it was......anything to do with it makes me sick, and you don't know how that feels.

xXL3gitnoscop3sxX:....whoa......

Jaasce:.....

You were speechless. What is Derived talking about? Why is he so upset? Maybe this was a chance to learn his motives and see if you could change his mind..

[A]"Uh....what do you mean, 'cheated?''
[B](As L3git) Run for the Binary rifle and attempt to overhear the conversation
[C]'Tell me about it. Maybe I can relate. I do know what you mean' (Persuasion)
[D]'I agree with you. Who was it that cheated you? Did you let that bastard get what was coming to him?'(Manipulation)
[E]Try to make out who the invites were sent by
---
If Jimmy's mom had four children, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, what is the fourth ones name?
#465lderivedxPosted 1/24/2013 10:51:00 AM
I am so mad.
---
You hate even numbers? Are you one of those people that only eats certain colors of M&Ms? -skiergamer23
GT: i derive dx
#466GeneralKenobi85Posted 1/24/2013 11:01:27 AM
A
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#467supermoc10Posted 1/24/2013 11:03:40 AM
B
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#468JaascePosted 1/24/2013 11:13:59 AM