Recording Clips for People

#1VauntXPosted 12/27/2012 9:55:46 AM
I picked up a Hauppauge HD PVR to start doing let's plays. I still need to pick up a microphone and some cables...

Anyways, I was thinking about starting up a little channel and putting people's clips from this forum up on it. Just trying to gauge a response to the idea with this thread: how many of you would be interested in such a thing?

Cheers.
#2lderivedxPosted 12/27/2012 9:56:20 AM
I have an entirely mediocre killtac.
---
what was the point of that burger king video? You didnt need video proof to show that you are lonely, I would have taken your word on it. - brady
#3NonproducePosted 12/27/2012 10:07:26 AM
I dont have anything cool.
If you could magically watch me play F-Zero gx, then I have something to share.
---
Official Taokaka supporter! -^w^-
http://tousei.deviantart.com/art/TAOKAKA-117133612
#4SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/27/2012 10:32:03 AM
I keep forgetting to save my files in the theater. I've got a very underwhelming double assassination clip, that's about it.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#5tubb311Posted 12/27/2012 10:35:43 AM
I have quite a few clips in my fileshare that i would love to have captured/youtubed. count me in.
#6ODommPosted 12/27/2012 10:53:25 AM
That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I have a good amount of clips right now I think
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#7JkickitPosted 12/27/2012 12:23:15 PM
Sure, hit me up, check me out.
I'm interested.
---
Oh no meng! http://tinyurl.com/bcnp2xk FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% - --- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Skyrim, PKMN White 2, and PKMN Crystal.
#8darren19822000Posted 12/27/2012 12:32:27 PM
hey now dont steal my idea. im getting one when i get tax returns and thought that a good way to get practice and learn is to make a halo 4 board tage. just a few clips from everyone in it.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#9MorbiusOFlegendPosted 12/27/2012 12:34:51 PM
I should have saved my flawless Mantis from yesterday, always forget about clips.
#10VauntX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 12:37:49 PM
Let's run a quick beta of the idea then. Unfortunately, I lack the necessary cabling to record in HD, so it'll have to be component for now (yuck!).

I've set up a channel called halo4clipstest. I've also uploaded a clip of my own: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oApbDemmoPY. Put it on 480p and it doesn't look too bad.

Post in this thread if you'd like a clip put on the channel. Post your GT and the name of the clip. Only post one clip, and wait till I've got back to you before posting any others.

Try to keep the length of the clip reasonable: if possible, no longer than a minute. If I like the clip, I'll put it up on the channel. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, so I'm not going to turn the clip away just because you missed one shot in your overkill. Just don't want to waste time putting up lot's of worthlessness, so make sure you post your best stuff!

If the reaction to the project is good enough and the time involved on my part isn't too extensive, I'll create a proper channel and upload everything submitted here in 720p HD gloriousness. So don't feel like you're wasting your time posting in here!

Right then: over to you guys.