Best Halo game to date.

#41DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 2:10:11 PM
DSquarius posted...
Demon Slicer posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
The fact that Halo 4 is beating out Halo 2 is a sign that people are taking off their nostalgia goggles which is a damn beautiful sign. Don't get that much anywhere else.

It's a sign that Halo will never be good again.

Or that it's at it's peak.

Peak? At it's peak Halo completely dominated the FPS shooter industry. You really can't say that anymore.

That's because COD went all modern and started that series' popularity after being exclusively WW2 based before then. Kinda like the early COD werelike the Joel Schumacher Batman movies and then Modern Warfare was The Dark Knight and suddenly everyone jumps on it as the best ever.

Only difference is, Nolan's Batman movies are awesome and COD isn't.

At one time, Goldeneye 007 dominated the FPS genre too, before that Quake, before that Duke Nukem 3D, before that Doom, before that Wolfenstein.

Halo 4 is the best in the series so far but people are too busy with COD to notice while the Halo vets are too busy with their nostalgia goggles on and trying to go against the grain by claiming an older game is better despite that not being so.

Ah yes, the nostalgia goggles. I was waiting for someone to bring up that crap.

IMO, Halo CE is the best in the series. It's not nostalgia because I just finished playing Anniversary again last night on legendary. I still own every Halo and I play them all frequently excluding 2 due to the lack of Xbox Live online.

It's all opinion. I have no problem with players thinking Halo 4 is the best in the series but saying it's at it's peak is nonsense when Halo 2 sometimes had over a million players online iirc.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#42bd0g5Posted 12/27/2012 2:12:09 PM
Why do some people try to defend halo 4 so much? They pretend that it has no flaws.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#43YoYoLeFtToRiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:12:50 PM
Ha, it has nothing to do with Nostalgia goggles with Halo, but with games like Zelda and Mario it does apparently.
---
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!
#44SnakeEyes170Posted 12/27/2012 2:13:03 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
DSquarius posted...
Demon Slicer posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
The fact that Halo 4 is beating out Halo 2 is a sign that people are taking off their nostalgia goggles which is a damn beautiful sign. Don't get that much anywhere else.

It's a sign that Halo will never be good again.

Or that it's at it's peak.

Peak? At it's peak Halo completely dominated the FPS shooter industry. You really can't say that anymore.

That's because COD went all modern and started that series' popularity after being exclusively WW2 based before then. Kinda like the early COD werelike the Joel Schumacher Batman movies and then Modern Warfare was The Dark Knight and suddenly everyone jumps on it as the best ever.

Only difference is, Nolan's Batman movies are awesome and COD isn't.

At one time, Goldeneye 007 dominated the FPS genre too, before that Quake, before that Duke Nukem 3D, before that Doom, before that Wolfenstein.

Halo 4 is the best in the series so far but people are too busy with COD to notice while the Halo vets are too busy with their nostalgia goggles on and trying to go against the grain by claiming an older game is better despite that not being so.

Yeah, Halo doesn't dominate the FPS shooter industry anymore because COD took it's place.
very insightful post thank you for your input

and who was talking about nostalgia goggles with halo 2? the game was legit better, and at the very least the maps were certainly better than this one's.
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#45Ultima_WraithPosted 12/27/2012 2:13:16 PM
bd0g5 posted...
Why do some people try to defend halo 4 so much? They pretend that it has no flaws.

The same could be said of any of the halo games, they all have flaws, but each one is fun for its own reasons to different people.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#46YoYoLeFtToRiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:13:45 PM
bd0g5 posted...

No one who favors 4 ever said the words "this game has no flaws" so I don't know why you even bother to bring that up.
---
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!
#47DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 2:14:29 PM
Ha, it has nothing to do with Nostalgia goggles with Halo, but with games like Zelda and Mario it does apparently.

Was this directed at me?

If so, I've never said anything regarding Zelda and Mario.
---
#48YoYoLeFtToRiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:16:44 PM
DSquarius posted...

Was this directed at me?

It was directed at you. And you really don't have to as that seems to be the common complaint about when it comes to "nostalgia goggles".
---
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!
#49bd0g5Posted 12/27/2012 2:23:14 PM
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
bd0g5 posted...

No one who favors 4 ever said the words "this game has no flaws" so I don't know why you even bother to bring that up.

Judging from post #36, you can't even see that this game is flawed. The fact that you think halo is currently at its peak is also a bit frightening.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#50DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 2:24:41 PM
DSquarius posted...

Was this directed at me?

It was directed at you. And you really don't have to as that seems to be the common complaint about when it comes to "nostalgia goggles".

Probably one of the worst arguments someone has ever come up with against me and, if I'm honest, I don't really understand how it has anything to do with me. You're talking about things I've never said. Good luck with that strategy in a debate.

I haven't played a Zelda or Mario game since Super Nintendo so I'm in no position to comment on those franchises.

I basically only play 3 franchises. Halo (which dominates most of my time), Forza, and Half Life.

Point is, maybe nostalgia goggles exist with some players, but not me.
---