Best Halo game to date.

#51NejiHyuga900Posted 12/27/2012 2:29:01 PM
I choose Halo 4. I barely remember a thing from Halo 2 (except I remember playing as both Master Chief and the Arbiter in the campaign). I have never played the multiplayer of Halo 1 or Halo 2... ever... except in custom games locally (I have no idea what online multiplayer was like for both of them; I was still a singer player-player back then). Why do people like Halo 2 so much? (And I still have my Halo 2 Limited Edition case, bonus disc, and strategy guide, but the game disc is missing.)

Oh wait, I just remembered that you can dual wield SMG's and Needler's in Halo 2. Maybe that's why a lot of people liked Halo 2 the most.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#52YoYoLeFtToRiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:39:20 PM
bd0g5 posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
bd0g5 posted...
Why do some people try to defend halo 4 so much? They pretend that it has no flaws.

No one who favors 4 ever said the words "this game has no flaws" so I don't know why you even bother to bring that up.

Judging from post #36, you can't even see that this game is flawed. The fact that you think halo is currently at its peak is also a bit frightening.

The series is at it's peak. And you definitely sound like one of those who are stuck in nostalgia land.
---
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!
#53YoYoLeFtToRiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:40:58 PM
DSquarius posted...
DSquarius posted...
Ha, it has nothing to do with Nostalgia goggles with Halo, but with games like Zelda and Mario it does apparently.

Was this directed at me?

If so, I've never said anything regarding Zelda and Mario.

It was directed at you. And you really don't have to as that seems to be the common complaint about when it comes to "nostalgia goggles".

Probably one of the worst arguments someone has ever come up with against me and, if I'm honest, I don't really understand how it has anything to do with me. You're talking about things I've never said. Good luck with that strategy in a debate.

I haven't played a Zelda or Mario game since Super Nintendo so I'm in no position to comment on those franchises.

I basically only play 3 franchises. Halo (which dominates most of my time), Forza, and Half Life.

Point is, maybe nostalgia goggles exist with some players, but not me.

Dude, there is nothing weak about my argument at all as it's one of this site's most common, obligatory flaws. It's not my fault you didn't stand out just a little more.
---
C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!
#54DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 2:58:06 PM
DSquarius posted...
DSquarius posted...
Ha, it has nothing to do with Nostalgia goggles with Halo, but with games like Zelda and Mario it does apparently.

Was this directed at me?

If so, I've never said anything regarding Zelda and Mario.

It was directed at you. And you really don't have to as that seems to be the common complaint about when it comes to "nostalgia goggles".

Probably one of the worst arguments someone has ever come up with against me and, if I'm honest, I don't really understand how it has anything to do with me. You're talking about things I've never said. Good luck with that strategy in a debate.

I haven't played a Zelda or Mario game since Super Nintendo so I'm in no position to comment on those franchises.

I basically only play 3 franchises. Halo (which dominates most of my time), Forza, and Half Life.

Point is, maybe nostalgia goggles exist with some players, but not me.

Dude, there is nothing weak about my argument at all as it's one of this site's most common, obligatory flaws. It's not my fault you didn't stand out just a little more.

lol

Yeah, this conversation is going nowhere.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#55DaMan1900Posted 12/27/2012 3:26:25 PM
Halo: CE
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 3

halo 3 killed the series for me and i found halo 4 to be a snore fest(my opinion no need to attack me if you have a different opinion)... i feel like my tastes in games has changed which is why i dislike 3 and 4 as much as i do.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#56SnakeEyes170Posted 12/27/2012 3:29:05 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 3

halo 3 killed the series for me and i found halo 4 to be a snore fest(my opinion no need to attack me if you have a different opinion)... i feel like my tastes in games has changed which is why i dislike 3 and 4 as much as i do.

omg nostalgia goggles nostalgia goggles look at me parrot words i read on the internet and give no actual argument!!! ur nostalgia goggles are on!!!!
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#57DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 3:35:20 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 3

omg nostalgia goggles nostalgia goggles look at me parrot words i read on the internet and give no actual argument!!! ur nostalgia goggles are on!!!!

I know right! He feels the same way about Zelda and Mario too.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#58SnakeEyes170Posted 12/27/2012 3:36:34 PM
DSquarius posted...
DaMan1900 posted...
Halo 2
Halo 4
Halo 3

I know right! He feels the same way about Zelda and Mario too.

my argume-NOSTALGIA GOGGLES arg- NOSTALGIA GOGGLES argument isn't NOSTALGIA GOGGLES weak at all
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#59BlueRunway05Posted 12/27/2012 3:38:53 PM
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
irishman5705 posted...
The fact that Halo 4 is beating Halo 2 is probably the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

I miss the days when the Halo board's average IQ was greater than that of a potato.

The fact that Halo 4 is beating out Halo 2 is a sign that people are taking off their nostalgia goggles which is a damn beautiful sign. Don't get that much anywhere else.

It's a good thing that I had it off since CE. I'm used to changes.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#60Demon SlicerPosted 12/27/2012 3:54:31 PM
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Demon Slicer posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Demon Slicer posted...
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
The fact that Halo 4 is beating out Halo 2 is a sign that people are taking off their nostalgia goggles which is a damn beautiful sign. Don't get that much anywhere else.

It's a sign that Halo will never be good again.

Or that it's at it's peak.

If by peak you mean the most casual and flawed Halo has been since Reach's initial release...then sure.

Flawed how? Oh, that's right. You didn't provide anything legitimate to back up such claims. Better luck next time.

Terrible maps, join in progress, lack of good playlists(no doubles or MLG, removal of Slayer Pro, etc), custom loadouts and "perks" further reduce the skill gap and hurt game balance along with AA's, sprint, random weapon drops, and ordinace drops, new CTF rules require less skill and don't promote team work as well as the old rules, lack of custom games options, bloom still exists, grenade/hit indicators hold players' hands, lack of a meaningful ranking system, etc etc.

Fanboys are funny.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"