wtf, did i just delete my game save by picking new difficulty level?

#1mav104Posted 12/27/2012 3:01:44 PM
I've completed the game up to The Composer. I got to a point where I couldn't progress and decided to try "easy" difficulty. I'm went through the back/select routine, changed the difficulty to easy and saved the change. Looks like I overwrote the entire game and have to start all over again. I'm not aware of any of the top games having this crappy interface. Most games allow difficulty on the fly. I've played every Halo game and haven't run into this - probably there and I didn't have to change difficulty. Anyway, I'm hoping that I'm wrong and I'm missing something 'cause I can't believe these guys (343) are that dumb - I'm sure it's a pass on from Bungie. They've hit a home run IMHO here but I'm still pissed.

Anybody got any info about fixing this problem? I'll have to put this damn game aside for a few months before I can even consider replaying from scratch.

Thx
#2jats605Posted 12/27/2012 3:03:25 PM
That's happened on all the Halo games I've played; 3, ODST and Reach.
---
I will get in an Abrams and sit on the runway, right in front of the jets. Jets can't go in reverse.
--PunchTheKeys
#3DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 3:03:28 PM
Start again as in from the first mission or start again just from the beginning of The Composer?
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#4FullMetalMegaPosted 12/27/2012 3:04:10 PM
Sounds more like the difficulty you played on is saved up to the composer. You should be able to go back on the composer even on a different setting. You also should keep how far you got in the game.
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
#5Ultima_WraithPosted 12/27/2012 3:04:49 PM
Did you try switching the difficulty back perhaps? You might not be able to jump levels if you change difficulty. Never tried though, I did my initial run through on Easy to learn where everything was, and then co-op legendary, next will be solo legendary.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#6SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/27/2012 3:10:32 PM(edited)
If you start a level on Normal, get to a checkpoint, go back and switch it to easy you lose the checkpoint.

If you change the skulls you have on it does the same thing.

This is how Halo is. You don't get to try a legendary go through and switch to easy on the fly.

The missions you've completed thus far will still be completed under whatever difficulty you beat them on, but this mission has to be restarted.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#7mav104(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 3:09:58 PM
Dsquarius, thank you, thank you. I hadn't even thought about going to the mission load part of the game. I can really be a dumb sh_t sometimes. Actually I get thrown into the "Midnight" mission start.

Thanks again - major relief.
#8DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 3:11:32 PM
lol I didn't really do anything but you're welcome :D

Glad it worked out for you.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#9bd0g5Posted 12/27/2012 3:14:12 PM
Easy? I'm so sorry that you have to live without thumbs.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo