Can I use custom loadouts in single player campaign?

#1sonetPosted 12/27/2012 4:26:26 PM
I have played multiplayer locally with my sons and earned enough rank and points and purchased a dmr and promethean vision as an armor power however when I play in my single player campaign I am forced to start with what appears to be the levels map default. Is that the way single player is supposed to be or are custom loadouts only good for multiplayer? Thanks in advance.
#2DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 4:39:40 PM
Nope.

You can only use custom loadouts in War Games including Spartan Ops.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 12/27/2012 4:39:59 PM
Nope. That's Black Ops 2 that lets you do that in Campaign.

Additionally, the campaign in Halo 4 has less features than ever, having removed campaign scoring, campaign matchmaking, and you can't gain experience points for completing levels for your multiplayer character (you can only gain exp by playing the campaign through the weekly campaign challenges). Basically, it's the barest minimum.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance The guilty pay the price.
I hate Square-Activision's FFXIII and its slew of cash-in spin-offs & sequels
#4DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 4:43:26 PM

Additionally, the campaign in Halo 4 has less features than ever, having removed campaign scoring, campaign matchmaking, and you can't gain experience points for completing levels for your multiplayer character (you can only gain exp by playing the campaign through the weekly campaign challenges). Basically, it's the barest minimum.

Having said all that, the enemy kills you get in the campaign count towards your commendations.

I was sad to see the scoring and xp removed from the campaign.
---
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 12/27/2012 4:46:44 PM
DSquarius posted...

Having said all that, the enemy kills you get in the campaign count towards your commendations.

^ Hadn't thought about the enemy kills. I knew they counted in Spartan Ops; I just didn't think about the campaign. Because, come on, with the low rate the only map in multiplayer that has a Wraith on it is picked, there wouldn't be a feasible way to get the Wraith destroyer commendation completed.
---
#6DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 4:49:06 PM
DSquarius posted...

^ Hadn't thought about the enemy kills. I knew they counted in Spartan Ops; I just didn't think about the campaign. Because, come on, with the low rate the only map in multiplayer that has a Wraith on it is picked, there wouldn't be a feasible way to get the Wraith destroyer commendation completed.

The vehicles don't count but the enemies do. ie...Jackals, Elites, etc.

Or at least I thought they did...now I'm second guessing myself haha.
---
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 12/27/2012 4:52:03 PM
DSquarius posted...
DSquarius posted...

I'd test it, but I really have no inclination to play through it again. Hm... It's got me curious at least.
---
#8DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 4:53:09 PM
DSquarius posted...
DSquarius posted...

I'd test it, but I really have no inclination to play through it again. Hm... It's got me curious at least.

I'll try it later this evening and post my results.

The vehicles definitely do NOT count though.
---
#9tarzanmxPosted 12/27/2012 4:55:53 PM
They don't count. The only commendations you can get in Campaign are the Legendary ones.
Enemies, Vehicles, and Weapons only level up on Spartan Ops and War Games.
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.
#10DSquariusPosted 12/27/2012 7:45:08 PM
Damn, I just confirmed the kills in the campaign don't count either :(

How disappointing.
---