So is this now experiencing the hate Reach got?

#21Fat_Dog_MendozaPosted 12/28/2012 9:20:38 AM
I remember when it was cool to hate Combat Evolved because of the pistol. I remember Halo 2 sucked because of dual-wielding, ruining the assault rifle, the short single-player, and the cliffhanger ending. I remember Halo 3 sucked because it was over-hyped. ODST sucked because you didn't play as Master Chief, and it was just a spin-off. Reach sucked because it didn't do anything new. And now Halo 4 sucks because it's been a month since launch.

Those are all moot points because the entire series sucks on account of being popular.
#22SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/28/2012 9:22:48 AM
Fat_Dog_Mendoza posted...
Reach sucked because it didn't do anything new.

You can find just about ANY reason to hate Reach, and you'd be correct, but this reason is completely and totally wrong. Reach did the MOST new things out of any Halo... It just did them very poorly.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#23NovaLevossidaPosted 12/28/2012 9:28:41 AM
The game was released unfinished. Why so many people gave it a pass for that, I don't know. I just don't give praise to developers who don't finish a game and release it anyway with the intent to patch it later. Almost two months later, and we still don't have a "patch it later" fix for things like file search, and that's just the beginning of the shortcomings.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage
#24RoneZoneFitnessPosted 12/28/2012 9:29:38 AM
Rasafarian posted...
There's a vast silent majority of people who have the game, love it, and don't come here to post about it.

it's not that they love it it's that they dont care enough to come here an piss and moan....but the numbers speak for themselves.
#25TheSpectrePosted 12/28/2012 9:31:02 AM
This game shipped to me from gamefly and it was like 3 or 4 on my list. i've never been a huge halo fan. Its always seemed like a relatively generic space FPS series. No Halo game I've played has struck me as anything different nor has any Halo fan really been able to explain what sets it apart from the standard FPS set in space. The closest i was told was a bond formed with the master chief character himself, but he, too came across like a generic "super soldier" protagonist. Much like with the CoD series, I dont get the appeal. I can only assume its multiplayer since the campaigns are almost always bland.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#26LandonioPosted 12/28/2012 9:34:16 AM
ChezDispenser posted...
Reach and 4 are the best in show, in my opinion. Halo 2 and 3 had way, way, way too much reliance on the Battle Rifle.

*shoots self*
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:Halo 4, Dark Souls, Oblivion: GOTY, The Walking Dead, Resident Evil 4: HD, 3rd Strike: Online
#27KamikazeCactuarPosted 12/28/2012 9:36:22 AM
iRGush posted...
The honeymoon phase is over and people see how bad the game really is

Honestly it's this. At first I was like "OMG THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN REACH!" then I realized it was still a bad game.
---
GT - A Lvl1 Krabby
#28lderivedxPosted 12/28/2012 9:37:42 AM
To be fair, it is still better than default Reach.
---
what was the point of that burger king video? You didnt need video proof to show that you are lonely, I would have taken your word on it. - brady
#29warior55Posted 12/28/2012 10:04:55 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
People are incapable of being satisfied.

---
Halo 4
#30CorndogburglarPosted 12/28/2012 10:08:31 AM
It desperately need Firefight and a few more smaller maps for Slayer. I'm sorry, but 5 maps just isn't good enough.

Other than that, I love the game, have had it since launch, and its still the only game i play.
---
Everyone said it a was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.