So is this now experiencing the hate Reach got?

#41LazHarshawPosted 12/28/2012 6:26:21 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
The game was released unfinished. Why so many people gave it a pass for that, I don't know. I just don't give praise to developers who don't finish a game and release it anyway with the intent to patch it later. Almost two months later, and we still don't have a "patch it later" fix for things like file search, and that's just the beginning of the shortcomings.

You want an overhyped unfinished game, go play Skyrim. Halo 4 is a godsend from that broken pile of dragon crap. Boohoo I can't share 15 minutes of me owning n00bs, well too bad I can't do half the quests. I rather have a game with the superficial crap unfinished come out then one with that wasn't play tested at all.

Developers need to realize that delaying a game to touch it up is a good thing and that deadlines just get in the way.
#42lderivedxPosted 12/28/2012 10:58:52 PM(edited)
well too bad I can't do half the quests.

My copy works fine.

But, that's irrelevant, just like Skyrim's state as far as H4 is concerned. It's not disputable that many things in H4 do not work which ought to or are worse than they were before. Some have been patched, some have not. Here's a short list that I can think of off the top of my head:

Fileshare
JIP is inconsistent. Sometimes it won't add people at the start of the game, sometimes it will add them in the last few minutes.
Game will start 1-4v5 (or however many players is appropriate)
Worse, which is why it is separate: game will start 5v0.
Matchmaking randomly aborts
Parties sometimes split up when joining a game
Objects do not merge as well in forge as they did in Reach
Radar will sometimes appear in radar-less custom games, in specific spots.
The whole specialization fiasco
Ranking system is pathetically short and is artificially lengthened by locked specializations
Two new gametypes and not a single playlist for them
Frame rate drop on larger maps

I'm not going to mention button glitches or map glitches because it doesn't seem that those would be reasonably found with discussion or internal testing.

This is not a complete game, and no amount of "well this game was much worse" will make that list disappear.
---
Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
GT: i derive dx
#43KarnRX78Posted 12/29/2012 12:17:43 AM
TheSpectre posted...
This game shipped to me from gamefly and it was like 3 or 4 on my list. i've never been a huge halo fan. Its always seemed like a relatively generic space FPS series. No Halo game I've played has struck me as anything different nor has any Halo fan really been able to explain what sets it apart from the standard FPS set in space. The closest i was told was a bond formed with the master chief character himself, but he, too came across like a generic "super soldier" protagonist. Much like with the CoD series, I dont get the appeal. I can only assume its multiplayer since the campaigns are almost always bland.

Really have had to played Halo from the very start to get the feeling.

I've loved the campaign in each Halo game. The MP got boring pretty fast, some of that might be playlists. Give me classic slayer and team slayer and I'd play this game a lot more than I do now.

The MP just feels bland. The playlists, the maps, how it plays.
#44jakethenoobPosted 12/29/2012 12:21:41 AM(edited)
couchtater12345 posted...
Everybody seemed to love this game when it came out roughly a month ago. It seems opinions have soured, why is that?

People were just REALLY hoping that it would be much better than Reach. It is, but not by much and people are starting to realize this. I haven't played in a month, and don't really plan on playing anytime soon.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/