So can anyone tell why Halo 4 got so boring so quickly?

#21ST_ZeroPosted 12/28/2012 10:18:39 AM
Naichingeru posted...
I can't quite put my finger on it. I was bored after a month. I played Reach and 3 for almost the entirety of their lifespans, and probably played ODST for longer than 4.

Ranking system is terrible, terrible over-played maps, horrible playlist, etc.

If 343 wants salvage what's left of their failed attempt at a halo game (halo4) then they can start by

1) Nerfing the boltshot..... a lot. This alone will make halo 4 a much more enjoyable game somewhat to play. There's no need for anyone to start off with a 1 shot kill weapon. Idk what 343 was thinking when they came up with that, that's ridiculous. If you use it then you're terrible.

2) Update the playlist

3) Add forge maps to matchmaking.
---
One of the best at halo that graced gamefaqs. I give halo lessons for MS points, msg me.
#22DSquariusPosted 12/28/2012 10:22:40 AM
ST_Zero posted...
Naichingeru posted...
I can't quite put my finger on it. I was bored after a month. I played Reach and 3 for almost the entirety of their lifespans, and probably played ODST for longer than 4.

Ranking system is terrible, terrible over-played maps, horrible playlist, etc.

If 343 wants salvage what's left of their failed attempt at a halo game (halo4) then they can start by

1) Nerfing the boltshot..... a lot. This alone will make halo 4 a much more enjoyable game somewhat to play. There's no need for anyone to start off with a 1 shot kill weapon. Idk what 343 was thinking when they came up with that, that's ridiculous. If you use it then you're terrible.

2) Update the playlist

3) Add forge maps to matchmaking.

The best post you've ever made. I almost agree with everything you said. The world is clearly going to end today.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#23seminolesoccerPosted 12/28/2012 10:26:50 AM
iRGush posted...
iRGush posted...
No ranks, no good playlists, player skill isn't rewarded.

To add to this, horrible maps and terrible game mechanics

there's still trueskill operating behind the scenes and if you really want, you can check halotracker for your unofficial 'rank'

no good playlists is completely subjective. snipers was good so I don't understand why they removed it but slayer pro was completely underplayed (despite the whining of those on this board who probably didn't even play it that much)

player skill is rewarded more than Reach. the br from h3 would be nearly as easy to use as this game's br/dmr if it had been hitscan like those two weapons are (dmr just needs an aim-assist range nerf and it'll be fine--the increased slowdown when you hit a player close range with the br is enough reason to switch it up for the dmr occasionally on smallish maps)

maps are infinitely better than what Reach shipped with and the first round of dlc is good. shatter is fun, harvest is solid if unspectacular, and wreckage is good for some objective types

terrible game mechanics? the game plays fine aside from some occasionally choppy, clunky close range maneuvers (i.e. boltshot fight at B on Exile, etc..)

this can all be summed up as: adapt, get better, and quit blaming every death on an allegedly 'cheap' tactic (I can count my boltshot kills on one hand and still win cqc fights a lot more than I lose)
---
PSN: Viper51989
GT: IL Viper IL
#24Illuminati_xzPosted 12/28/2012 10:30:35 AM
I am bored of it too, playing other games instead of wasting my time on Halo 4 War games!
---
You win some you lose some.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk. GT: Illuminati xz
#25iRGushPosted 12/28/2012 10:32:25 AM
seminolesoccer posted...
iRGush posted...
iRGush posted...

there's still trueskill operating behind the scenes and if you really want, you can check halotracker for your unofficial 'rank'

no good playlists is completely subjective. snipers was good so I don't understand why they removed it but slayer pro was completely underplayed (despite the whining of those on this board who probably didn't even play it that much)

player skill is rewarded more than Reach. the br from h3 would be nearly as easy to use as this game's br/dmr if it had been hitscan like those two weapons are (dmr just needs an aim-assist range nerf and it'll be fine--the increased slowdown when you hit a player close range with the br is enough reason to switch it up for the dmr occasionally on smallish maps)

maps are infinitely better than what Reach shipped with and the first round of dlc is good. shatter is fun, harvest is solid if unspectacular, and wreckage is good for some objective types

terrible game mechanics? the game plays fine aside from some occasionally choppy, clunky close range maneuvers (i.e. boltshot fight at B on Exile, etc..)

this can all be summed up as: adapt, get better, and quit blaming every death on an allegedly 'cheap' tactic (I can count my boltshot kills on one hand and still win cqc fights a lot more than I lose)

i lol'd
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#26superhPosted 12/28/2012 10:35:15 AM
best and most versatile gun is the easiest to use. The fact that even with all the skill in the world with another gun wont surpass it = broken game.
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
#27seminolesoccerPosted 12/28/2012 10:39:29 AM
superh posted...
best and most versatile gun is the easiest to use. The fact that even with all the skill in the world with another gun wont surpass it = broken game.

so you haven't liked a single halo game? h1 pistol by far the best and arguably easiest to use, h2 br with its ridiculous magnetism= easiest to use and best, h3 br was easy to use (although the lack of hitscan like I mentioned made it harder--oddly enough the competitive community whined) and best, reach dmr after title update was, and even before, was incredibly easy to spam at any distance and the best

the dmr is exactly what mlg types and those with 'skill' asked for and now everyone is crying. I'm just a lonely pubstar but a lot of those on this board complaining about how skill isn't rewarded likely have significantly lower kds. just sayin'
---
#28seminolesoccerPosted 12/28/2012 10:39:55 AM
iRGush posted...
seminolesoccer posted...
iRGush posted...
iRGush posted...

i lol'd

I lol'd at your kd and highest skill
---
#29McNabFishPosted 12/28/2012 10:49:09 AM
Seriously in need of Multi team and Grifball. Its not as if they need to develop it, they showed gameplay videos of grifball before the game was released FFS!
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
#30GotThat415SwagPosted 12/28/2012 10:59:07 AM
seminolesoccer posted...
iRGush posted...
seminolesoccer posted...
iRGush posted...
iRGush posted...

i lol'd

I lol'd at your kd and highest skill

GOT EM
---
XBL: A Percussionist