So can anyone tell why Halo 4 got so boring so quickly?

#41seminolesoccerPosted 12/28/2012 11:45:52 AM(edited)
@iRGush

why don't you substantiate any of your claims?..such as player skill not being rewarded

any direct support except what I assumed (getting killed by the boltshot--use pro vision and stop qqing)?

do you have a problem with ordnance drops? you're a high enough level to have the re-roll skill and you only have to select it when you choose your ordnance, not when you earn

which playlists specifically need to be introduced (or reintroduced)?

which maps from previous halo games would you want in this one (when ragnarok was almost universally praised in its previous incarnation) and how do you think they would interact with the new, and what you call terrible, game mechanics?

feel free to answer any of these questions, or just keep on trollin'
---
PSN: Viper51989
GT: IL Viper IL
#42LordNobunagaPosted 12/28/2012 11:44:56 AM
My reasons for losing interest are

1: Instant respawns that have a guy you just killed come behind and kill you before your shields recharge

2: ordinance drops can change outcomes of a match due to lucky drops. Your team gets nothing useful, while they get the Spartan Laser, rockets and incineration cannons.

3: DMR being the one gun to rule them all

4: map selection system inferior to Halo 3

5: spartan ops is too generic, annoying dialogue, map recycling, cheap enemy spawns, and just overall uncreative

6: grenades seem even more lag susceptible than before. Many times where I swear to God I stuck a guy with a plasma and it either goes through them or falls off that guy

7: loadouts kill the map control gameplay of past halos. All you need now is a DMR and some lucky ordinance drops to dominate.
---
Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy.
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#43DSquariusPosted 12/28/2012 11:47:11 AM
I'm dying for a lone wolves or rumble pit style FFA playlist.

Lone wolves was my thing in Halo 2 and 3. I miss it :(
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#44seminolesoccerPosted 12/28/2012 11:48:51 AM
LordNobunaga posted...
My reasons for losing interest are

1: Instant respawns that have a guy you just killed come behind and kill you before your shields recharge

2: ordinance drops can change outcomes of a match due to lucky drops. Your team gets nothing useful, while they get the Spartan Laser, rockets and incineration cannons.

3: DMR being the one gun to rule them all

4: map selection system inferior to Halo 3

5: spartan ops is too generic, annoying dialogue, map recycling, cheap enemy spawns, and just overall uncreative

6: grenades seem even more lag susceptible than before. Many times where I swear to God I stuck a guy with a plasma and it either goes through them or falls off that guy

7: loadouts kill the map control gameplay of past halos. All you need now is a DMR and some lucky ordinance drops to dominate.

everyone past level 70 can (and should) have a wheelman class and a ordnance re-roll class as part of their starting five

it's really not that big of a deal
---
#45seminolesoccerPosted 12/28/2012 11:51:56 AM(edited)
instant respawns aren't in a lot of gametypes. if ALL you play is slayer, I can understand that and the ordnance issue being a more prevalent concern
---
#46iRGushPosted 12/28/2012 12:11:45 PM(edited)
seminolesoccer posted...
@iRGush

why don't you substantiate any of your claims?..such as player skill not being rewarded

any direct support except what I assumed (getting killed by the boltshot--use pro vision and stop qqing)?

do you have a problem with ordnance drops? you're a high enough level to have the re-roll skill and you only have to select it when you choose your ordnance, not when you earn

which playlists specifically need to be introduced (or reintroduced)?

which maps from previous halo games would you want in this one (when ragnarok was almost universally praised in its previous incarnation) and how do you think they would interact with the new, and what you call terrible, game mechanics?

feel free to answer any of these questions, or just keep on trollin'

Using a crutch to kill something overpowered isn't the answer. Starting with a 1sk kill with range farther than powerweapons is ridiculous, you can say QQ all you want but it just tells me more about how much less you actually know about making a balanced game.

Randomness is not competitive is ANY way what so ever, it takes to skill and leaves battles up to chance which is in no way skillfull. Re-roll skill only adds chance ontop of chance which is even less uncompetitive.

To touch on player skill, its hardly rewarded as it used to be in previous titles with dying being punished less, power positions being non existent across most maps ("4v4"), weapon spawn time knowledge gone, dynamic spawning taken out, aim assist being ridiculously high that a better shot won't do as much for you as it used to, strafe accelleration being too high, sprint being included again, team attack off in slayer, being able to start with broken armour abilties. Thats just off the top of my head, theres probably tons more I missed.

I've posted this list many times before, matchmaking should be split into ranked and social with

Social:
Infinity Slayer (5v5)
Big Team Battle (Slayer +OBJ/Dominion)
Rumble Pit/Regicide
Grifball
Flood
Action sack
Multi Team(Slayer, OBJ, OBJ)

Ranked:
Infinity slayer (4v4)
Snipers
Swat
MLG
OBJ
FFA
Doubles

No one would ever complain about playlists this way.

As for maps, I'm not looking for remakes because that doesn't really address bad new maps, living off old maps forever doesn't solve the problem. Having to build a map around sprint ruins map design because the same company that is making the halo 4 maps was founded by the people who made the halo 2 maps. Community forgers can make better maps than complex. Valhalla was only loved in halo 3 because you couldn't cross map with a weapon which completely ruins btb with its ease to use.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#47bearded_moosePosted 12/28/2012 12:20:16 PM
i know exactly why.

somewhere along the line, halo stopped being about fun and started being about all things MLG... the fanbase followed suit.

now that this game doesn't cater to MLG players, people are losing interest.

that's why.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12
#48NightRainPosted 12/28/2012 12:21:36 PM
Screw MLG elitists...
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#49tranceaddict19Posted 12/28/2012 12:26:06 PM
Really only gripe I have is it's so much harder than games in the past (unless you are playing really really bad people) to engage more than 2 targets at one time
---
360 GT- eljuanandonly
#50kyleh614Posted 12/28/2012 12:37:47 PM
iRGush posted...
No ranks, no good playlists, player skill isn't rewarded.