MLG ruined Reach....Halo 4 is next?

#31The-Tactician(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 7:48:55 PM
LoneWolf4545 posted...
The-Tactician posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Battlefield 3???

Battlefield 3 was screwed up terribly, the game is full of crippled guns if they aren't machine guns or assault rifles.

Snipers and Shotguns got nerfed in all aspects, for some reason, "competitive" players don't use Shotguns and Snipers.

The semi-auto snipers are awesome and same with the shotguns. You just have to use them in the right situation. Obviously any type of assault rifle is going to be better in the majority of situations.

And honestly, battlefield 3 is probably one of the least "mlg" type games put there.

Also, just because it's not close-rane/4v4 doesn't mean it's not MLG, the community may be less vocal(in your eyes....ears), but go to Battlelog and there's tons of cry babies about the power of a SHOTGUN and how the Assault Rifles have too much bullet drop.

Wanna hear something that's completely true? All Light Machine guns are capable of sniping and have lover range than all non t-bolt snipers.
---
Did you know that the internet is used for comfort above all else?
#32The-Tactician(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 7:50:57 PM
mrgreen55 posted...
mrgreen55 posted...
How did MLG ruin Reach? Your explanation ought to be good for a laugh.

What did MLG players do to Reach? I think thats the answer you're looking for.

MLG ruined Reach, Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3, but I guess Halo 4 is the only one you played out of the 4.

Oh, so you have no idea what you're talking about.

And I've played every Halo since CE, 2 was the first one where I really paid any attention to actually trying to be decent. That was a sick dodge, though.

So you don't want constructive conversation, you want me to spend time typing out the answer so you can....laugh? So I could oblige you in griefing me? lolwhat?

You couldn't be any more demented.
---
#33Wii0playerPosted 12/28/2012 8:03:56 PM
I'd just like them to not turn this into a one rifle game. Forget what MLG wants, and just balance out the weapons so that each has their uses.
---
"In Mass Effect 3, the path to victory is less clear at the outset. You wont just find some long-lost Reaper off button."-Casey ******* Hudson.
#34LoneWolf4545Posted 12/28/2012 8:08:53 PM
The-Tactician posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
The-Tactician posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Battlefield 3???

Battlefield 3 was screwed up terribly, the game is full of crippled guns if they aren't machine guns or assault rifles.

Snipers and Shotguns got nerfed in all aspects, for some reason, "competitive" players don't use Shotguns and Snipers.

The semi-auto snipers are awesome and same with the shotguns. You just have to use them in the right situation. Obviously any type of assault rifle is going to be better in the majority of situations.

And honestly, battlefield 3 is probably one of the least "mlg" type games put there.

Also, just because it's not close-rane/4v4 doesn't mean it's not MLG, the community may be less vocal(in your eyes....ears), but go to Battlelog and there's tons of cry babies about the power of a SHOTGUN and how the Assault Rifles have too much bullet drop.

Wanna hear something that's completely true? All Light Machine guns are capable of sniping and have lover range than all non t-bolt snipers.

No it's not "MLG" because of the vehicles. It adds too much randomness to games. Which is what makes battlefield 3 so awesome. Battlefield has never been about infantry and it never will. For the most part shotguns destroy at close range. That's all they should be able to do in a Videogame. Yeah I will say sniping does absolutely suck in this game because of suppression but you put a 4x scope and a laser sight on any semi auto and you are a one man wrecking crew.

If you are only going for kills then yes shotguns and snipers are terrible. If you are only going for kills then you are playing battlefield wrong.
#35The-Tactician(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 8:17:08 PM
LoneWolf4545 posted...
The-Tactician posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
The-Tactician posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Battlefield 3???

No it's not "MLG" because of the vehicles. It adds too much randomness to games. Which is what makes battlefield 3 so awesome. Battlefield has never been about infantry and it never will. For the most part shotguns destroy at close range. That's all they should be able to do in a Videogame. Yeah I will say sniping does absolutely suck in this game because of suppression but you put a 4x scope and a laser sight on any semi auto and you are a one man wrecking crew.

If you are only going for kills then yes shotguns and snipers are terrible. If you are only going for kills then you are playing battlefield wrong.

"Battlefield has never been about infantry and it never will."

Team Deathmatch and Close Quarters would like to a word with you.

The Shotguns being crippled, and snipers being bad aren't a problem because the majority of Battlefield players are all Assault Rifle users, you can use shotguns or snipers and have a good k/d.

Semi Auto snipers with 4x and laser sight makes them Assault Rifles.

Who runs around with sniper rifles? How is a gun that ONLY close range useful in a game like Battlefield? Why does you sniper have to be a assault rifle for it to be useful?

Battlefield has a stronger community than Halo: Reach or Gears of War but it's definitely gotten a lot smaller since the all the nerfs.
---
#36ViktorMaxPosted 12/28/2012 8:17:21 PM
iRGush posted...
Not sure if serious

THIS.
---
True dat.
#37mrgreen55Posted 12/28/2012 8:23:38 PM
mrgreen55 posted...
mrgreen55 posted...
How did MLG ruin Reach? Your explanation ought to be good for a laugh.

What did MLG players do to Reach? I think thats the answer you're looking for.

MLG ruined Reach, Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3, but I guess Halo 4 is the only one you played out of the 4.

Oh, so you have no idea what you're talking about.

And I've played every Halo since CE, 2 was the first one where I really paid any attention to actually trying to be decent. That was a sick dodge, though.

So you don't want constructive conversation, you want me to spend time typing out the answer so you can....laugh? So I could oblige you in griefing me? lolwhat?

You couldn't be any more demented.

Of course, it's not like you have an actual argument as to how MLG ruined any of those games. By all means, if you can prove me wrong please do.
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.
#38jats605Posted 12/28/2012 8:27:48 PM
TC, what if I told you that what you call "ruining" DICE calls "balanceing"?
Apart from the snipers, which are useless, BF3 is darn near perfect.

BF has never been about infantry.
Squad Deathmatch was added in BC2. One game ago.
Pre-Bad Company, there was only Conquest and CTF.

Close Quarters was made solely to attract CoD kids and everyone but you knows it.
---
I will get in an Abrams and sit on the runway, right in front of the jets. Jets can't go in reverse.
--PunchTheKeys
#39NovaLevossidaPosted 12/28/2012 8:33:25 PM
The-Tactician posted...
"Battlefield has never been about infantry and it never will."

Team Deathmatch and Close Quarters would like to a word with you.

The Shotguns being crippled, and snipers being bad aren't a problem because the majority of Battlefield players are all Assault Rifle users, you can use shotguns or snipers and have a good k/d.

Semi Auto snipers with 4x and laser sight makes them Assault Rifles.

Who runs around with sniper rifles? How is a gun that ONLY close range useful in a game like Battlefield? Why does you sniper have to be a assault rifle for it to be useful?

Battlefield has a stronger community than Halo: Reach or Gears of War but it's definitely gotten a lot smaller since the all the nerfs.

You know, I was playing BF3 the other day and my friend was party leader and put me on some stupid server with him that banned a lot of things that I didn't read. I took out four guys with what's probably one of the worst guns in the game—the Jackhammer shotgun—who rushed me all at once. Then I was kicked from the game. Oops, shotgun ban. Terrible players banning things they can't counter. Personally, I'd feel ashamed to lose a 4v1 to a Jackhammer with one of the guys trying to flank me.

On the whole, it's not hard to go positive on KD with any gun in its Team Deathmatch and similar modes. I mean I've gone positive just about every time with the Jackhammer and frag rounds which are woefully non-lethal most of the time. Rush and Conquest are different because they're objective modes, but in direct gun confrontations, it's not hard to get any gun to work at its optimum range, except perhaps LMGs which are inferior to ARs when on the move and are easy targets when bipods are out.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage
#40old_school227Posted 12/28/2012 8:39:15 PM
I fail to see how MLG ruined Reach when reach was bad since day 1