MLG ruined Reach....Halo 4 is next?

#51lderivedxPosted 12/30/2012 9:09:19 PM
Honestly MLG would be great if it didnt have an effect of turning decent people into cocky jerks with an insatiable need to be the center of attention.

So things would be great if there was no competition at all.

I see.
---
You hate even numbers? Are you one of those people that only eats certain colors of M&Ms? -skiergamer23
GT: i derive dx
#52NeeTamaPosted 12/30/2012 9:22:18 PM
lderivedx posted...
Honestly MLG would be great if it didnt have an effect of turning decent people into cocky jerks with an insatiable need to be the center of attention.

So things would be great if there was no competition at all.

I see.

You didn't even think about what I said did you? You just had a knee-jerk reaction and had to post something that doesnt follow what I said.

Competition is great, disgusting displays of arrogance and disrespectful comments are not.

Ever notice how the majority of would-be future MLG players seem to be completely devoid of human decency? They promote a poor image for the organization and thus it catches a lot of undue flak, even from someone like myself.

By now im just shifting my hate to elitists who think their 1337 halo skeelz make up for their horrible personalities.
#53lderivedxPosted 12/30/2012 9:27:35 PM
Competition is great, disgusting displays of arrogance and disrespectful comments are not.

That's competition in general, not specifically MLG.

Ever notice how the majority of would-be future MLG players seem to be completely devoid of human decency?

No, I have not noticed because those that I do personally know are pretty good guys and I don't find myself particularly concerned about other people on the internet, much in the same way I don't read tabloid magazines.
---
Derive's posts are like orgasms... that actually revolve around logic and reasoning. I enjoy reading them. - MIxeD
#54NeeTamaPosted 12/30/2012 9:39:21 PM
lderivedx posted...

Competition in general? I've never experienced that kind of disrespect in any of the martial arts tournaments I was in, even if someone lost badly you told them it was a good match. You didnt call them a noob and tell them to give up their efforts altogether.

SPORTSMANSHIP has a place in all competition. As I understand it, official MLG players understand this. Oftentimes the ones who aspire to be like them fall short not just in skill but their capacity to understand FRIENDLY competition.

If someone wants to associate themselves with MLG, they should do well to garner respect not for themselves but what they seek to be a part of.

So yes, I was wrong, it isn't MLG. It's people who can't comprehend the true spirit of competition.
#55mrgreen55Posted 12/30/2012 9:40:04 PM
Still waiting on how MLG ruined any of these games
---
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.
#56Dville_WeezyPosted 12/30/2012 9:46:44 PM
NeeTama posted...
lderivedx posted...

Competition in general? I've never experienced that kind of disrespect in any of the martial arts tournaments I was in, even if someone lost badly you told them it was a good match. You didnt call them a noob and tell them to give up their efforts altogether.

SPORTSMANSHIP has a place in all competition. As I understand it, official MLG players understand this. Oftentimes the ones who aspire to be like them fall short not just in skill but their capacity to understand FRIENDLY competition.

If someone wants to associate themselves with MLG, they should do well to garner respect not for themselves but what they seek to be a part of.

So yes, I was wrong, it isn't MLG. It's people who can't comprehend the true spirit of competition.

I'd have to agree here- most of them are just posers who like to talk trash when they win, and go silent, or back out immediately when they get stomped. There's enough of them out there to ruin the perception for the people who are skilled and decent people. They're the Dan Hibiki of the FPS world.
#57lderivedxPosted 12/30/2012 9:47:22 PM
Competition in general?

I've done a lot of competing so far in my life and in anything that was actually serious, there has been arrogance, whether it be basketball, martial arts, or even school. They don't all display themselves in the same way, but I have always noticed it.

If you truly have not encountered this, then you are quite fortunate.
---
wait so you called final charming? i think your flirting. tc is also a pedo. aware child agencies immediately - Shrub
#58NeeTamaPosted 12/30/2012 9:55:50 PM
lderivedx posted...
Competition in general?

I've done a lot of competing so far in my life and in anything that was actually serious, there has been arrogance, whether it be basketball, martial arts, or even school. They don't all display themselves in the same way, but I have always noticed it.

If you truly have not encountered this, then you are quite fortunate.

Maybe it's because I very rarely lost, but my aunt taught me to always show grace in victory. I beat them TODAY, TOMMROW may not bring the same fortune and I was told to hope they would show the same grace, and they did.
#59lderivedxPosted 12/30/2012 9:56:58 PM
Maybe it's because I very rarely lost, but my aunt taught me to always show grace in victory. I beat them TODAY, TOMMROW may not bring the same fortune and I was told to hope they would show the same grace, and they did.

I'm not saying everyone is a jerk. I'm saying I've always seen arrogance, in some form or another, in serious competition.
---
Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
#60NeeTamaPosted 12/30/2012 10:08:25 PM
lderivedx posted...

I'm not saying everyone is a jerk. I'm saying I've always seen arrogance, in some form or another, in serious competition.

I guess it's just disappointing in some aspects, competition to me has always been something i'd like to see pure.