I am worst player ever please help.

#1GoldenSWarriorsPosted 12/28/2012 11:30:15 PM
I don't know how I am so bad at this game. I've played many online multiplayer games before, and I have never been terrible at anything, except for Halo.

So I've played about 35 games so far, and my best game I went 12-7-12. I have still never had a positive KDR. I just don't know why I am so terrible. It seems like I can put my entire assault rifle clip into the enemy, and they will live, and then they turn around and kill me in one or two shots.

I've tried every strategy, from being really aggressive, to crawling around and waiting for enemies to come. I've tried staying with teammates, and running off on my own. Nothing works for me. Is it just that my aim really sucks, or what? If so, what weapons are good for someone who has absolutely zero skill at all, and what strategies should I be doing?
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#2SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/28/2012 11:32:31 PM
Practice.

What's your internet speeds?
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#3ODommPosted 12/28/2012 11:35:36 PM
Focus on not dying more than you are focusing on getting kills. Know the map and know where the enemy is on the map, where they are spawning, where they will likely go. Watch your radar but not your radar exclusively. If you are inaccurate, avoid close quarter encounters and use cover like it's your job.

You've only played 35 games, don't beat yourself up. I'm not the best damn player on the boards, I consider myself a casual, but it isn't hard to do well once you know the maps and their flow.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#4Pats4Life128151Posted 12/28/2012 11:44:38 PM
I use to be really bad at Halo. The key is just practicing your aim and knowing the map. Keep ur head on a swivel and use precision weapons. Ull be fine bro
---
"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
-Michael Jordan
#5forthnbackPosted 12/28/2012 11:53:03 PM
First step is to stop using the Assault Rifle, and any other rapid fire starter gun like the Suppressor and Storm. Use the DMR, so you can fight at range and not have to get so close. Also, try to always stay near cover and pretend the open centers of the map do not exist. Don't go there.

That will help you initially. I can help you if you want.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat
#6JkickitPosted 12/28/2012 11:53:27 PM
Lift more.
---
Oh no meng! http://tinyurl.com/bcnp2xk FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% - --- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Skyrim, PKMN White 2, and PKMN Crystal.
#7NevercomingdownPosted 12/29/2012 12:26:08 AM(edited)
It's cause Halo takes skill. If you can't headshot you will always lose to those who can.

Oh yeah, and don't use the assault rifle, that's probably most of the problem.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#8GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 12:36:28 AM
Okay, I listened to all your advice and I think I'm doing a lot better now. I had my first positive game, 9-11-7, and a game with the most kills, 17, but 18 deaths. I'm really starting to like the DMR. Thanks for all your input.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
#9forthnbackPosted 12/29/2012 12:46:42 AM
Good job dude. If you want, I'll be on tomorrow and we can play a few matches. I can help offer some better advice after I've seen you play.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat
#10GotThat415SwagPosted 12/29/2012 1:00:23 AM
Go warriors!
---
XBL: A Percussionist