can you do campaign co-op online? is it recommended?

#1Killeryoshi8Posted 12/29/2012 10:13:42 AM
I sometimes have friends coming over and when we do play on the Xbox, we ocassionally play co-op with Halo 4. But I want to do Legendary some time and my friends are probably not good enough, nor are they always present to give it a try.

Is it possible, and if so, recommended to play online co-op on high difficulty levels?
---
OUYA - The new game console
Kerbal Space Program
#2rincewind1990Posted 12/29/2012 10:16:50 AM
There's no campaign matchmaking so the only way to play with other people over xbox live is to invite them to your lobby.
#3ZeroSkyPosted 12/29/2012 10:35:02 AM(edited)
Yes you can play campaign co-op online provided you know people who are interested in joining you. And it generally always makes things easier, simply because you respawn with your buddy instead of at the last checkpoint. Worst case you can just throw bodies at the enemy until they pile up enough to serve as a barrier as you walk past. Or something like that.
#4EDarienPosted 12/29/2012 10:44:29 AM
ZeroSky posted...
Yes you can play campaign co-op online provided you know people who are interested in joining you. And it generally always makes things easier, simply because you respawn with your buddy instead of at the last checkpoint. Worst case you can just throw bodies at the enemy until they pile up enough to serve as a barrier as you walk past. Or something like that.

Yeah, this. Back in the Halo 1 days, even if your friends aren't good they can be useful. My dad isn't the best at shooters, but bless his heart he likes to play co-op with me sometimes. We found if he just hangs back and takes some pot shots, it can distract the enemy, but also since he's hanging back and isn't in danger of dying, every time I die, I just respawn where he is and our progress isn't hindered by "checkpoints." He's like a portable checkpoint so that I can rush the enemy over and over and if I just kill one each time, I'll respawn at him and rush again until they're all dead. It's kind of cheap, but it gets the job done, so have fun and remember no matter how bad your friends are, mobile checkpoints are pretty cool.
---
Lali-ho!