MLG drops Halo 4 off the Pro Circuit, thanks to Virgin Gaming.

#151The_Mighty_KELPPosted 12/30/2012 8:50:50 PM
"Without support from MSFT / 343 we can't run Halo. 343 has expressed interest in working with us."
Doesn't that mean that 343 is trying to give support to MLG???

"Halo stream @ Dallas had 40k watching at 1 point
They had 40,000 people watching Halo 4 and they're not running it anymore???

Seriously, I don't get what this means.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#152lderivedxPosted 12/30/2012 8:50:53 PM
I am interested in knowing how delusions can form piles.
---
[Jesse,] you need to stop noscoping me though its really infuriating, that time you jumped from ring 2, no scoped me, and picked up camo, i about died IRL -bale
#153lderivedxPosted 12/30/2012 8:51:57 PM

They need MS to get on board, and from that sounds of it, that's not happening.
---
I was never aiming to be mature though. I was aiming to be right and dammit, I've got good aim. - MrSty GT: i derive dx
#154Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/30/2012 9:34:17 PM
Charocks posted...
What is MLG? Nothing but miserable little pile of delusions!

hows that jealousy taste? bitter?
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 11-5
#155NeeTamaPosted 12/30/2012 9:40:42 PM
lderivedx posted...

They need MS to get on board, and from that sounds of it, that's not happening.

Does anyone know how long the contract(?) with virgin gaming lasts?
#156Dville_WeezyPosted 12/30/2012 9:48:16 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Charocks posted...

Enough talk, have at you!
#157OLDBOYviciousPosted 12/30/2012 9:48:49 PM
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
"Without support from MSFT / 343 we can't run Halo. 343 has expressed interest in working with us."
Doesn't that mean that 343 is trying to give support to MLG???

"Halo stream @ Dallas had 40k watching at 1 point

Seriously, I don't get what this means.

quote 1: this is typical media speak, basically, 343 does not want to look like they are alienating MLG players from their game, and MLG does not want people to stop watching or participating because they think Halo will never be a part of MLG. Any time MLG or 343 talk about each other, it will be in these vague, polite, hopeful quotes so that fans always have the possibility of a partnership to look forward to, and no one looks bad. 343 probably actually does want to work with MLG but has been precluded from it due to the contract they are in with Virgin. It is also possible that 343 wants to start their own professional gaming circuit based not off of MLG at all, and could be a first move towards a Microsoft/Virgin cooperative effort to have a Microsoft- only pro gaming league that they alone would have rights to.

quote 2: It is surprising that with Halo getting a lot of viewers at MLG events, that Microsoft and/or 343 would allow a deal to happen that prevents it from being used in MLG. It eliminates a lot of Halo's exposure in the gaming world, and somewhat ruins Halo's ability to be taken as a serious game among professional gaming circles.
---
Kids, you gotta keep your meat ice cold!
#158dudeasaurusPosted 12/30/2012 9:50:52 PM
Huh.
I remember when hardly anyone even knew what MLG was...
I remember watching Walshy, Ogre 1, and 2 dominate in Halo 2 and then in Halo 3.
Those were good times.
I wonder though if MLG's rising popularity might have had a negative effect on the Halo franchise (along with the positives).
Bringing in new players is a complicated matter in my opinion.
New features can bring new players in, but can push away traditional fans.
I lost track of the MLG part way through my days with Halo 3 so I don't know what the game modes are like now, or what they were like in Reach, but if the MLG's rise of popularity was a partial cause of new players coming to the series at the same time that Competitive COD was heating up, then it's not unreasonable to think that many of those COD fans started to migrate to Halo where they began expecting various COD-eque features like loadouts and such.
I say all this to reach my actual point....
Perhaps if MLG drops Halo 4, then Halo's "original" fanbase will remain, while a stream of new players turns into a babbling brook. New players can be great to extend the life of a game series, but it can also lead to betrayal of the original piece that started it all.
Complicated issue...
#159Kpt_KapowskiPosted 12/30/2012 9:51:08 PM
Dville_Weezy posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Charocks posted...

Enough talk, have at you!

wtf is up with people wanting to duel me lately?
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 11-5
#160thehelpfulgamerPosted 12/30/2012 10:13:25 PM
mrgreen55 posted...
Halo 4: Casual Evolved

I want this on a t-shirt.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.