MLG drops Halo 4 off the Pro Circuit, thanks to Virgin Gaming.

#161The_Mighty_KELPPosted 12/30/2012 10:09:10 PM
OLDBOYvicious posted...
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
"Without support from MSFT / 343 we can't run Halo. 343 has expressed interest in working with us."
Doesn't that mean that 343 is trying to give support to MLG???

"Halo stream @ Dallas had 40k watching at 1 point
They had 40,000 people watching Halo 4 and they're not running it anymore???

Seriously, I don't get what this means.

quote 1: this is typical media speak, basically, 343 does not want to look like they are alienating MLG players from their game, and MLG does not want people to stop watching or participating because they think Halo will never be a part of MLG. Any time MLG or 343 talk about each other, it will be in these vague, polite, hopeful quotes so that fans always have the possibility of a partnership to look forward to, and no one looks bad. 343 probably actually does want to work with MLG but has been precluded from it due to the contract they are in with Virgin. It is also possible that 343 wants to start their own professional gaming circuit based not off of MLG at all, and could be a first move towards a Microsoft/Virgin cooperative effort to have a Microsoft- only pro gaming league that they alone would have rights to.

quote 2: It is surprising that with Halo getting a lot of viewers at MLG events, that Microsoft and/or 343 would allow a deal to happen that prevents it from being used in MLG. It eliminates a lot of Halo's exposure in the gaming world, and somewhat ruins Halo's ability to be taken as a serious game among professional gaming circles.

Okay, thanks a ton. That makes sense and answers my questions.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#162deimos91Posted 12/30/2012 10:47:34 PM
SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY posted...
Is anyone really surprised though? No way in hell is this game ready to be played at a competitive level.

for once i agree with you so many things need to be tweaked buffed nerfed or just removed (jip)
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#163DiscernPosted 12/30/2012 11:51:59 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Dville_Weezy posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Charocks posted...
What is MLG? Nothing but miserable little pile of delusions!

hows that jealousy taste? bitter?

Enough talk, have at you!

wtf is up with people wanting to duel me lately?

Castevania: SoTN opening scene.

Dracula: What is a human? A miserable pile of secrets! Have at you!
---
GT- Discern88
#164bd0g5Posted 12/30/2012 11:59:11 PM
deimos91 posted...
Is anyone really surprised though? No way in hell is this game ready to be played at a competitive level.

for once i agree with you so many things need to be tweaked buffed nerfed or just removed (jip)

You may be 12 years old, but I say you have a point there. JiP has no place in halo.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#165XxOblivion77Posted 12/31/2012 12:22:34 AM
Not surprised, but sad.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
I whine and cry about BO2 yet play it more than anything else. :(
#166VG_CarlPosted 1/2/2013 10:10:13 AM
Hey Gamers,

I want to introduce myself first, and then I'll circle back around with a reply. I'm Carl Clendenin, the Community Manager and Manager of Player Retention for Virgin Gaming. It is my job to accept the feedback from the community (Community Manager) and make your experience with Virgin Gaming the best it possibly can be (Player Retention). My job is to listen, and to give you exactly what you want.

Now with that said, there's a whole lot to read about on the internet. I've read almost every reply that I've come across (not just here) but it'd be impossible to reply to everyone as an individual. For that, I've left my personal contact details at the bottom here, but feel free to contact us through our official social channels as well.

On to the good stuff.

Virgin Gaming provides tournaments for all skill levels. Game integration and working with game developers to ensure a fun, fair and competitive atmosphere are what we pride ourselves on. We're here to allow any gamer the chance to compete for epic prizes, without prejudice to his skill level. The best gamers in the world should be rightfully rewarded and crowned as such, but he shouldn't be the only one winning the prizes.

With that said, the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge is the first of many. We wanted the Halo community to embrace us for the reasons mentioned above - and embrace us you have. Literally hundreds of thousands of gamers have joined the Infinity Challenge, playing over seven million games. For that, on behalf of Virgin Gaming, we give you our sincere thanks.

But. There's always a but...

We haven't forgotten or overlooked anyone here. Sure we wanted to kick things off in a big way by including everyone, but competitions like the Infinity Challenge will not be our only form of competition. In fact, I look forward to working with EVERYONE in the Halo community to build competitions that you guys would like to see in the future. You as a community have built something great here, and we're only here to help you to continue to build upon those things.

Your Feedback

It sounds cliche here, but your feedback helps me to help you. I don't care if it's about the rules, or the format, or if you spot a cheater - but the best possible way to shape future tournaments it to let your voice be heard. A closed mouth doesn't get fed, so let me know what you want to see.. even if you have to blow up my Twitter. :)

...continued below...
#167VG_CarlPosted 1/2/2013 10:11:14 AM
Regarding MLG

This is a question that is bound to come up, so we may as well address it here. I admit that I'll be short on this topic, but as clear as possible.

Last summer we signed a deal with Microsoft to develop an application to allow gamers to use the Virgin Gaming service direclty on the Xbox console via Xbox LIVE. You can read more on this partnership here. My sentiments about competitive and casual tournament options are echoed in that release from last summer.

Our deal was with Microsoft, and Halo 4 falls under the Microsoft Game Studios catalog.

We wish to express that we have no ill intent, and have nothing but wishes of continued success to Sundance and the rest of the MLG team.

In closing

Virgin Gaming fully supports Halo. To kick things off it was our focus to create a tournament that is accessible to all Halo fans. Again, we are not focusing on only the best players, or only North American players. We're focusing on sharing epic prizes with as many Halo fans as possible.

Remember, this is our first tournament. It is not our only tournament. I look forward to communicating with you guys in the future about how we can make the best possible tournaments a reality.

Virgin Gaming is a customer service based industry. We are here to provide a service for you, the gamers. We work for you. We want what you want.

With that said feel free to contact me in anywhere, at any time, and about anything.

===
Carl Clendenin
Community Manager | Manager of Player Retention

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carlclendenin3
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VG_Carl
Email: carl.clendenin@virgingaming.com

(Email will be the slowest reply)
#168SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 10:11:31 AM
VG_Carl posted...
Hey Gamers,

I want to introduce myself first, and then I'll circle back around with a reply. I'm Carl Clendenin, the Community Manager and Manager of Player Retention for Virgin Gaming. It is my job to accept the feedback from the community (Community Manager) and make your experience with Virgin Gaming the best it possibly can be (Player Retention). My job is to listen, and to give you exactly what you want.

Now with that said, there's a whole lot to read about on the internet. I've read almost every reply that I've come across (not just here) but it'd be impossible to reply to everyone as an individual. For that, I've left my personal contact details at the bottom here, but feel free to contact us through our official social channels as well.

On to the good stuff.

Virgin Gaming provides tournaments for all skill levels. Game integration and working with game developers to ensure a fun, fair and competitive atmosphere are what we pride ourselves on. We're here to allow any gamer the chance to compete for epic prizes, without prejudice to his skill level. The best gamers in the world should be rightfully rewarded and crowned as such, but he shouldn't be the only one winning the prizes.

With that said, the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge is the first of many. We wanted the Halo community to embrace us for the reasons mentioned above - and embrace us you have. Literally hundreds of thousands of gamers have joined the Infinity Challenge, playing over seven million games. For that, on behalf of Virgin Gaming, we give you our sincere thanks.

We haven't forgotten or overlooked anyone here. Sure we wanted to kick things off in a big way by including everyone, but competitions like the Infinity Challenge will not be our only form of competition. In fact, I look forward to working with EVERYONE in the Halo community to build competitions that you guys would like to see in the future. You as a community have built something great here, and we're only here to help you to continue to build upon those things.

Your Feedback

It sounds cliche here, but your feedback helps me to help you. I don't care if it's about the rules, or the format, or if you spot a cheater - but the best possible way to shape future tournaments it to let your voice be heard. A closed mouth doesn't get fed, so let me know what you want to see.. even if you have to blow up my Twitter. :)

...continued below...

u suck noob
---
XBL: yPPoLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxNhLlXaQMY my 2nd reach tage!
#169iRGushPosted 1/2/2013 10:15:33 AM
Virgin gaming

>Says they support halo
>kills competitive halo
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#170SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/2/2013 10:17:56 AM
VG_Carl posted...
Hey Gamers,

On to the good stuff.

Your Feedback

...continued below...

u suck noob

So basically he's saying (without saying anything, really) that he understands Pro's should be treated like Pro's... But casuals are more important BECAUSE they fill up the infinity challenge? Someone should get an EPIC PRIZE, even if they are in no way shape or form near the best, or actually good at all?

**** Virgin.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux