MLG drops Halo 4 off the Pro Circuit, thanks to Virgin Gaming.

#171Super VejitaPosted 1/2/2013 10:18:23 AM
Discern posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Dville_Weezy posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Charocks posted...
What is MLG? Nothing but miserable little pile of delusions!

hows that jealousy taste? bitter?

Enough talk, have at you!

wtf is up with people wanting to duel me lately?

Castevania: SoTN opening scene.

Dracula: What is a human? A miserable pile of secrets! Have at you!

Actually it's...well...check my sig. :D

Honestly, one of the best opening scenes in gaming IMO.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#172Alex_SagePosted 1/2/2013 10:21:21 AM
MLG makes me lol.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#173Moody_DroidPosted 1/2/2013 10:30:34 AM
VG_Carl posted...
Hey Gamers,

I want to introduce myself first, and then I'll circle back around with a reply. I'm Carl Clendenin, the Community Manager and Manager of Player Retention for Virgin Gaming. It is my job to accept the feedback from the community (Community Manager) and make your experience with Virgin Gaming the best it possibly can be (Player Retention). My job is to listen, and to give you exactly what you want.

Now with that said, there's a whole lot to read about on the internet. I've read almost every reply that I've come across (not just here) but it'd be impossible to reply to everyone as an individual. For that, I've left my personal contact details at the bottom here, but feel free to contact us through our official social channels as well.

On to the good stuff.

Virgin Gaming provides tournaments for all skill levels. Game integration and working with game developers to ensure a fun, fair and competitive atmosphere are what we pride ourselves on. We're here to allow any gamer the chance to compete for epic prizes, without prejudice to his skill level. The best gamers in the world should be rightfully rewarded and crowned as such, but he shouldn't be the only one winning the prizes.

With that said, the Halo 4 Infinity Challenge is the first of many. We wanted the Halo community to embrace us for the reasons mentioned above - and embrace us you have. Literally hundreds of thousands of gamers have joined the Infinity Challenge, playing over seven million games. For that, on behalf of Virgin Gaming, we give you our sincere thanks.

But. There's always a but...

We haven't forgotten or overlooked anyone here. Sure we wanted to kick things off in a big way by including everyone, but competitions like the Infinity Challenge will not be our only form of competition. In fact, I look forward to working with EVERYONE in the Halo community to build competitions that you guys would like to see in the future. You as a community have built something great here, and we're only here to help you to continue to build upon those things.

Your Feedback

It sounds cliche here, but your feedback helps me to help you. I don't care if it's about the rules, or the format, or if you spot a cheater - but the best possible way to shape future tournaments it to let your voice be heard. A closed mouth doesn't get fed, so let me know what you want to see.. even if you have to blow up my Twitter. :)

...continued below...

there's the slight problem that your "tournament" isn't a tournament at all, it's a "who can play the most" competition. the best players in the world can't win if they can't play for 16 hours a day like some pretty mediocre players can.
---
You can't spam on host with the DMR ~Fhos
#174SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/2/2013 10:35:20 AM
How does this company not realize that the CASUAL fans are the ones that are going to switch (or already have) to whatever new FPS is out? Casuals go along with the flow, like sheep, and it's the "pro's" and "hardcore" fans that keep a game like Halo alive for more than just a few months. Casuals like the yearly installments, and will flock to each new game. Next January when this games population is under 20k total, I wonder who 343 will blame...
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#175VG_CarlPosted 1/2/2013 10:36:36 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...

Someone should get an EPIC PRIZE, even if they are in no way shape or form near the best, or actually good at all?

Not true in the least bit. We're giving away a million dollars in just over a month to the best FIFA, Madden and NHL players.

This was only the first Halo tournament. :)
#176yanksfan4247Posted 1/2/2013 10:37:01 AM
Literally not a tournament at all.

Virgin Gaming and MS contract killed MLG. Anyone adding anymore bull---- to the story has an agenda.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/69396.png
#177iRGushPosted 1/2/2013 10:38:18 AM
VG_Carl posted...
SpiduxLimitless posted...

Someone should get an EPIC PRIZE, even if they are in no way shape or form near the best, or actually good at all?

Not true in the least bit. We're giving away a million dollars in just over a month to the best FIFA, Madden and NHL players.

This was only the first Halo tournament. :)

What happened to that 1 million dollar BF3 tournament that was supposed to happen 2 years ago?
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#178tubb311Posted 1/2/2013 10:53:24 AM
VG_Carl posted...
Regarding MLG

You can read more on this partnership here.

nice copy and paste. Where is here?

manager of virgin gamers, lol.
#179iRGushPosted 1/2/2013 10:56:36 AM
tubb311 posted...
VG_Carl posted...
Regarding MLG

You can read more on this partnership here.

nice copy and paste. Where is here?

manager of virgin gamers, lol.

http://virgingaming.com/corporate-information/press-releases/XBOX.html
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#180Knight_Rider_3KPosted 1/2/2013 10:59:43 AM
I always thought MLG and "professional competitive gaming" was a joke anyway.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.