MLG drops Halo 4 off the Pro Circuit, thanks to Virgin Gaming.

#181SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/2/2013 11:10:24 AM
Knight_Rider_3K posted...
I always thought MLG and "professional competitive gaming" was a joke anyway.

And they view you as a joke.

Who are you to look down your nose at someone who is better than you at your hobby?
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#182DSquariusPosted 1/2/2013 11:14:44 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...

Someone should get an EPIC PRIZE, even if they are in no way shape or form near the best, or actually good at all?

Not true in the least bit. We're giving away a million dollars in just over a month to the best FIFA, Madden and NHL players.

This was only the first Halo tournament. :)

If this is what is to be expected of your Halo tournaments hopefully it's also the last. There is zero skill involved in this "tournament" of yours. You're simply rewarding the biggest no job no life loser who can sit at home and play all day.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#183Knight_Rider_3KPosted 1/2/2013 11:16:59 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
Knight_Rider_3K posted...
I always thought MLG and "professional competitive gaming" was a joke anyway.

And they view you as a joke.

Who are you to look down your nose at someone who is better than you at your hobby?

A normal person, with a better grip on reality and what is important.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#184jakethenoobPosted 1/2/2013 11:20:04 AM
Are you implying if someone is good enough to make attending MLG events worthwhile, they don't know what is important in life?
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#185Knight_Rider_3KPosted 1/2/2013 11:26:22 AM
jakethenoob posted...
Are you implying if someone is good enough to make attending MLG events worthwhile, they don't know what is important in life?

Haven't met or talked to anyone from MLG to make me think differently.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.
#186bd0g5Posted 1/2/2013 11:36:50 AM
VG_Carl posted...
Regarding MLG

This is a question that is bound to come up, so we may as well address it here. I admit that I'll be short on this topic, but as clear as possible.

Last summer we signed a deal with Microsoft to develop an application to allow gamers to use the Virgin Gaming service direclty on the Xbox console via Xbox LIVE. You can read more on this partnership here. My sentiments about competitive and casual tournament options are echoed in that release from last summer.

Our deal was with Microsoft, and Halo 4 falls under the Microsoft Game Studios catalog.

We wish to express that we have no ill intent, and have nothing but wishes of continued success to Sundance and the rest of the MLG team.

In closing

Virgin Gaming fully supports Halo. To kick things off it was our focus to create a tournament that is accessible to all Halo fans. Again, we are not focusing on only the best players, or only North American players. We're focusing on sharing epic prizes with as many Halo fans as possible.

Remember, this is our first tournament. It is not our only tournament. I look forward to communicating with you guys in the future about how we can make the best possible tournaments a reality.

Virgin Gaming is a customer service based industry. We are here to provide a service for you, the gamers. We work for you. We want what you want.

With that said feel free to contact me in anywhere, at any time, and about anything.

===
Carl Clendenin
Community Manager | Manager of Player Retention

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carlclendenin3
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VG_Carl
Email: carl.clendenin@virgingaming.com

(Email will be the slowest reply)

Assuming this account is legit, I have to say that the infinity challenge is a joke. It promotes playing all day, rather than actually being good at the game. If you care about halo, actually host real tourneys or something.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#187VectorChaosPosted 1/2/2013 11:38:15 AM
User Name VG_Carl
User ID 6712479
Board User Level 14: Provisional (5)
New account with less than 3 karma. Can post 4 topics, 40 messages per day
Account Created Wednesday, January 2, 2013 1:00 PM

People are actually buying this? XD
---
PSN: VectorChaos || WTF || XBL: Vector Chaos
I'm the best there is, plain and simple, I mean I wake up in the mornin' and I piss excellence.
#188DSquariusPosted 1/2/2013 11:39:24 AM
User Name VG_Carl
User ID 6712479

Not really. More of a just in case post.

If it is a troll they put an awful lot of work into that. Way more than I did replying, that's for sure.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#189bd0g5Posted 1/2/2013 11:40:10 AM
DSquarius posted...
User Name VG_Carl
User ID 6712479

Not really. More of a just in case post.

If it is a troll they put an awful lot of work into that. Way more than I did replying, that's for sure.

Pretty much.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#190VG_CarlPosted 1/2/2013 11:44:50 AM
Follow me on Twitter to verify. =)

Listen, guys, the only point here is that Virgin Gaming does care. We're listening, reading, and we want to make Halo 4 on Virgin Gaming exactly how you want it.

The feedback, good or bad, is the only way for us to know what you want to see.